• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

bobs99 ... said:
That game was awesome, probably the best flag game ive had in Halo. :lol

Vh you jerk you ruined it :/ - we were on the ropes for AGES but we were getting some nice opportunities so it could have gone either way.

Good game guys :p
A truly epic match. We played so much better when Lazlo went afk actually :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Halo Reach Spoilers

(Seriously! Do not highlight unless you want a few surprises ruined!)

Panoptical - New unseen multiplayer map

Wildlife - two giant beasts fighting against a horde of Elites and the animals just destroy them

Battles - epic fight in a cutscene with many Scarabs

Source: German Gamepro (it has new media/screenshots)

Sibylus

Banned
Louis Wu said:
Screw that. No creeping. One giant plasma beam, smashing down onto Noble 6 as he looks out over the desolation. Quick, and final.
One beam would be a little overwrought. Better to show the glassing kicking into high gear everywhere, covering Reach with a seething wall of plasma. The heat kicking up a fierce wind would be a nice touch.

Dani said:
Halo Reach Spoilers

MAP

Wildlife - two giant beasts fighting against a horde of Elites and the animals just rape them
AMBIENT LIFE

Battles - epic fight in a cutscenes with many Scarabs
CUTSCENE

Strange about that map, wasn't in the list we got earlier. Wonder if it's a German localization or if that list was incomplete.

FilthyLies said:
I think it hurts the universe at large when they feel that every important story has to relate to Master Chief. Yeah, he's important, but not everything important relates to him.
True, but this is a game, and a three-year Bungie game, so it makes sense to tie the Chief in somehow. It's not that everything has to revolve around the Chief (it doesn't), but it's fitting to tie in the two stories somehow.
If they wanted to tell a story more closely related to the Chief, they would have told the story of Blue team and the Spartan-IIs, which is intimately related.
This was an impossibility from the get-go because Blue Team's story is covered in First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx.
Having Noble Team's goal be just to make sure he escapes would definitely undermine that, as well as somewhat cheapen their own story, which has been hyped up as something worth seeing.
I'm not suggesting the whole point of Noble Team's story is to ensure the Chief survives, just that something like that be a byproduct of their story. Besides, I'm still not even sure (nor anyone outside Bungie) exactly how long their story spans. Does it only cover the initial three hour battle or does it dip over to the point where the Covenant armada has defeated all the UNSC forces in space and are glassing the planet, and Noble Team is on the planet conducting some guerrilla warfare (like detailed in the first third of First Strike)?

Edit: but, whatever, I guess I'll play the wait and see approach on this.

Kibbles

Dani said:
Halo Reach Spoilers

(Seriously! Do not highlight unless you want a few surprises ruined!)

Wildlife - two giant beasts fighting against a horde of Elites and the animals just r**e them

Battles - epic fight in a cutscene with many Scarabs

1. Good to know the list wasn't complete in the map list screenshot.
2. Thanks Tom Morello
3. OMFG YESSsssssssssssssssssssssss!!! I was hoping they'd be in Reach.

I need to see this nao. *checks n4g* "5 Reasons Not to Be Excited for Halo: Reach" wtf? *googles*

[edit] Apparently I suck at google, I can't find this shit.

feel

Cover those spoiler replies and speculation people!

Dani, I highlighted just the first one from your post. >
Without spoiling much, do you know if that's a regular map, or firefight map?? If regular, then there are more than 9 maps afterall!!

Lazslo

Hydranockz said:
:lol I came back thinking the game was going to be over and expected to be in the lobby but the game was still going and we were up 2-1. You guys fucking rocked it, we won that shit for reals. I'll take You and Dax as my battlebros anytime bro.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Letters said:
Cover those spoiler replies and speculation people!

Dani, I highlighted just the first one from your post. >
Without spoiling much, do you know if that's a regular map, or firefight map?? If regular, then there are more than 9 maps afterall!!

No clarification yet. =\

Hey You

Dax01 said:
Thanks for the spoiler quoting mistakes guys.
loljunior.jpg

My bad. Sorry.

Kibbles said:
Since the German magazine is coming out tomorrow, I hope this means the embargo ends tomorrow. :eek:

So it seems.

The news are great; the fact that Reach keeps confirming the rumours and leaks is even greater, since some of those things were amazing.

I'm still curious to see if the AA list from the beta files turns out to be true.

So far it's been confirmed all the way, though there are still 5 or 6 AA to be confirmed.

Sai-kun

Banned
metareferential said:
So it seems.

The news are great; the fact that Reach keeps confirming the rumours and leaks is even greater, since some of those things were amazing.

I'm still curious to see if the AA list from the beta files turns out to be true.

So far it's been confirmed all the way, though there are still 5 or 6 AA to be confirmed.
What were some of the others? I feel like there may be too many AA's, and not enough chances to use them.

Sai-kun said:
What were some of the others? I feel like there may be too many AA's, and not enough chances to use them.

This is the full list:

Active Camouflage
Ammo Pack
Armour Lockup
Power fist
Repulsor
Sensor Pack
Sprint
Super Jump
Jet Pack
Emp Pulse
Shield Generator
Hologram
Evade

Some of them may have been merged into an already existing AA (like armor lock); some are quite interesting.

Hologram was in the list since the beta days, and then it finally popped out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
metareferential said:
This is the full list:

Active Camouflage
Ammo Pack
Armour Lockup
Power fist
Repulsor
Sensor Pack
Sprint
Super Jump
Jet Pack
Emp Pulse
Shield Generator
Hologram
Evade

Some of them may have been merged into an already existing AA (like armor lock); some are quite interesting.

Hologram was in the list since the beta days, and then it finally popped out.

Power fist? Wtf?!? Super Jump!! Not sure if happy about "sensor pack."

Alienshogun said:
Power fist? Wtf?!? Super Jump!! Not sure if happy about "sensor pack."

Well, take the list with a big grain of salt.

It's true that these are informations found in the beta files, though it's possible that some things got canned along the way, other changed, etc.

I'm quite confident though that it is very accurate: in the weapon section things like the concussion rifle were already there.

Even vehicles like the sabre, the revenant.

EazyB

Banned
I'm unspoilering this one:
Seriously, is this how sensitive people are about their spoilers these days? You should just leave the internet if you don't want to hear about leaked MP content. If the rest is stuff that we'll get screens for when the embargo lifts, you better bet they'll find their way to the thread.

Anyways, hope it's a MP map so that the 8 final map count can be proven untrue. Leaning towards it being yet another FF map though.

Pennybags

Hydranockz said:

Indeed. When Lazlo came back and decided to play sniper, it seems like it was my goal to constantly distract him with standoffs and health-regen duels. :lol

New information sounds nice so far.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm just trying to be safe with potential spoilers. I'm not the type to care at all about being spoiled but I've seen folks with whacky ideas about what a spoiler is or isn't.

In all honesty, nothing revealed is the least bit surprising.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Ramirez said:
Maybe I missed it, hope he doesn't mind, but grats Voc on your new family edition, I'm a week late, but yea. :)

Shit. Thought I heard a baby, but I assumed it was mine. Good work, Jeremy.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Ramirez said:
Halo GAF is repopulating at the speed of light. I'm already teaching mine to teabag pink dinosaurs.

Mine can expel liquid from no less than three orifices simultaneously!

waaah

Not a Jellyfish said:
So you know what a Panoptical is? :lol
I should have been one word clearer in my last post: I didn't mean to say knowing a new map is coming is the problem, seeing it is the problem... unless you start to describe what the map looks like.

Edit: tl;dr This is me assuming all the spoiler tags above were hiding descriptions of the new map. :lol

Ramirez

urk said:
Mine can expel liquid from no less than three orifices simultaneously!

:lol

Mine just recently got his poop pressure under control, he used to strain so bad he would throw up. :( It was miserable for him and us, so glad he's out of it finally. :p

EazyB

Banned
Ramirez said:
Maybe I missed it, hope he doesn't mind, but grats Voc on your new family edition, I'm a week late, but yea. :)
Wait? Birthday or baby or both? Wither way:

Nice things said to Voc go here.

Ramirez said:
Me and Urk are just bonding with baby stories, it's the only thing we have left after the Beta. :lol
Hmm, maybe I should look into this baby thing.

Ramirez said:
:lol

Mine just recently got his poop pressure under control, he used to strain so bad he would throw up. :( It was miserable for him and us, so glad he's out of it finally. :p

Mine puked on me at about 4AM. He'll be a month old on Thursday, but as soon as he's old enough, he'll be rocking his SI onesie.

Sorry, had to jump in. :(

Ramirez

True Underdog said:
Mine puked on me at about 4AM. He'll be a month old on Thursday, but as soon as he's old enough, he'll be rocking his SI onesie.

Sorry, had to jump in. :(

I still need to get one of those SI onesies, make him a nerd early in life.

so if i had somebody render a clip from the beta on bungie pro, is that video no longer on bungie.net, i cant find it...it was a video of me killing an entire team with a single charger of the plasma launcher

Kibbles

GodfatherX said:
so if i had somebody render a clip from the beta on bungie pro, is that video no longer on bungie.net, i cant find it...it was a video of me killing an entire team with a single charger of the plasma launcher
I believe all rendered videos are gone now. However, Bungie was uploading them to YouTube for a while, I'm not sure how you qualified for that but yours may have been uploaded to the Bungie Pro Video channel. Good luck finding it, unless you know the name of it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GodfatherX said:

If you didn't save it (not sure why you didn't) it's gone.

feel

GodfatherX said:
Wait, are you just curious, or you really didn't save that thing to your pc?? =/

In case you really lost it for good, here's the gif I made back then:
mw46mr.jpg

Better than nothing.

i saved it, but its on my mbp which is packed up because were in the middle of moving and i wanted to show it to somebody, the gif will work though, much appreciated

Top Bottom