• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach @ ComicCon + Press Conference/Panel

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:
I don't recall that exact exchange, but I do remember folks from Bungie saying some ideas for ODST would carry over into Reach. Offhand, Firefight, the lack of dual-wielding and a less studly player (slower, lower jump, health pack system) come to mind as examples that did. At the time I was thinking the hub world was one of them, but now I'm not sure it's practical given Reach's scale.

As for stuff to search for, I think it was Lars at the ODST PAX panel who mentioned he wanted to put in tons of developer commentary skulls into ODST, but they ran out of time. My memory of the panel is he kind of made a sly allusion to 'well maybe next time', something to that effect. So I've been hoping for something like that in Reach since then.
That would be fantastic.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
EazyB said:
Think you can jump over this? :p
DXGx4.jpg

:lol Ummmmm...shit

Blueblur1 said:
That would be fantastic.
As someone who just ran through Portal today with the commentary on (for an article I'm writing), yes, it would be fantastic. I'm amazed more people haven't followed Valve's lead on this.

Doodis

This has probably been discussed before, but have you guys checked out NOVA on the iPhone? Just purchased it today and played the first couple minutes. They've "borrowed" quite a bit from Halo. AI that looks like Cortana, magnum and assault rifle that look almost exactly like those from Halo.

But the game is actually really good for an iPhone shooter. Gyroscope works as a "right analog" stick on iPhone 4. Works really well spinning around in my work chair. :D

Shitty controller for 60 bucks! Thats 40 dollars more than a regular controller!

Seriously it looks nice, but I'd like the grey to actually be metal and it to have some weight, at least come with optional analog extenders the lights around the Home button should be white to go with the controller. Black/flat D-pad and adjustable torque control for the analog sticks would be nice.

Hell its an FPS, make it a useful controller for the game its for. You use a fight stick for SF for a reason you should use a modified controller for Halo for a reason (to play better)

In conclusion: lame, selling out, not useful, just gimmicky.

Sorry for anyone who is going to waste money on that. Just my opinion.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That controller is pretty sweet, but I'm gonna go with my budget priced $199 4GB. CAN'T WAIT!

xxjuicesxx said:
Hell its an FPS, make it a useful controller for the game its for. You use a fight stick for SF for a reason you should use a modified controller for Halo for a reason (to play better)
Like what?

Sai-kun said:
I feel like I might succumb to getting the Reach 360. D:

As I said, as soon as it'll be available for preorder at my local Gamestop, I'll bite.

I need to buy everything.

I missed the Halo 3 360, I don't want to have regrets again :lol

Sean P.

Dear Luke Smith,

When I walk past Bungie studios looking very conspicuous, please do not mean mug me.

Love,
Random stranger.

Pennybags

Sai-kun said:
I feel like I might succumb to getting the Reach 360. D:

Go for it, as long as you can loan me your current box. :lol

It seems like it's taking ages for mine to get shipped back. I need to play me some Halos.

omg.kittens said:
That controller is pretty sweet, but I'm gonna go with my budget priced $199 4GB. CAN'T WAIT!

Like what?

I just posted what

For an FPS you'd ideally want:

-Extended analog sticks for better accuracy.
-Added torque on the analog sticks, they are much too loose as of now. Basically its out of game controller sensitivity that could allow less jerking during play (I believe theres a controller coming that's doing this)
-A heavier adjustable weight system allows you to customize the controller to your liking (G5 mouse is a great example of this)
-A flat D-pad is better for pretty much any genre, the default one sucks fierce.
-An automatic button or two couldn't hurt...

These are all functional things that they could add, instead they just repainted a controller and are charging 40 dollars more than a normal one. Thats just awful to me. Sorry if this pisses people off.

xxjuicesxx said:
I just posted what

-Added torque on the analog sticks, they are much too loose as of now. Basically its out of game controller sensitivity that could allow less jerking during play (I believe theres a controller coming that's doing this)
-A heavier adjustable weight system allows you to customize the controller to your liking (G5 mouse is a great example of this)
-A flat D-pad is better for pretty much any genre, the default one sucks fierce.

These are all functional things that they could add, instead they just repainted a controller and are charging 40 dollars more than a normal one. Thats just awful to me. Sorry if this pisses people off.
That would no doubt jack up the production costs to craaazy amounts which can't be good for us consumers. A Legendary edition controller for twice the price is what you want :p

xxjuicesxx said:
I just posted what

They've been doing this kind of thing forever, and everyone was expecting it. You seem to be the only one getting bent out of shape. Did you honestly thing that they would make a brand new controller?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't really care about all those controller tweaks. A specialized FPS controller would be cool as a stand alone product for those who really care, but it doesn't make sense to bundle it with a console that plays a wide variety of games + genres.

Oozer3993

Shake Appeal said:
As someone who just ran through Portal today with the commentary on (for an article I'm writing), yes, it would be fantastic. I'm amazed more people haven't followed Valve's lead on this.
Ditto. It's such a cool idea, and was implemented so well that you think everyone would be copying it. I've been holding out hope that Reach would feature something similar ever since Bungie first teased it. I'm hoping the fact that no edition comes with BTS materials means there's a ton of it on the disc.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Want to make a complaint. I am sick of effective NDA's. How dare both parties respect the terms of these evil pieces of paper (NDA's are sentient and evil).

My appetite for spoilers has continued unfulfilled. I'm (not so) literally starving and it's entirely everyone's fault but my own.

Spoilers prove (and this is irrefutable) how much work, passion and effort goes into a project. So I'll be buying the most expensive edition with optional hardback guide with a sour taste in my mouth.

My entire day has been ruined and I'll temper my hype over the next few hours in protest.

:D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
I just posted what

Yeah, I went and got some "Kontrol Freaks" for that. I like them.

Kapura

Banned
48 minutes yo. Guess I had misread about the G4TV bit, I thought it was an actual stream, without any of this reading bullshit. I has a sad. Kinda. Still gonna watch or whatever you do to a "live blog"

xxjuicesxx said:
I just posted what

Here ya go.

Razer Onza Professional Gaming Controller for Xbox 360
RZR_XboxControllerView7_BlkBrg.jpg

" * Razer Hyperesponse™ technology
* Adjustable Tension Analog Sticks
* Programmable Multi-function Button
* Wired Control for Virtually Lag Free Gameplay"

http://press.razerzone.com/content/view/408/101/

Sill4

Dani said:
Want to make a complaint. I am sick of effective NDA's. How dare both parties respect the terms of these evil pieces of paper (NDA's are sentient and evil).

My appetite for spoilers has continued unfulfilled. I'm (not so) literally starving and it's entirely everyone's fault but my own.

Spoilers prove (and this is irrefutable) how much work, passion and effort goes into a project. So I'll be buying the most expensive edition with optional hardback guide with a sour taste in my mouth.

My entire day has been ruined and I'll temper my hype over the next few hours in protest.

:D
wut

Kibbles

Is G4 the only liveblog? I wonder if G4 jumped the gun on putting 32 player support under their Reach page, or if it was just a fuck-up.

Pennybags

Oozer3993 said:
Ditto. It's such a cool idea, and was implemented so well that you think everyone would be copying it. I've been holding out hope that Reach would feature something similar ever since Bungie first teased it.

Any good game would benefit from some kind of behind-the-scenes material on the disc; more titles need to do it. I love to watch God of War and Uncharted 2 documentary videos.

InfectedZero said:
Here ya go.

Razer Onza Professional Gaming Controller for Xbox 360

$50, not too shabby.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea thats the one I was referring to, I might get it when its out. Right now I'm rocking a normal controller with Silicon Grip and Kontrolfreeks. Its nice, but I'd love the added tension and that D-pad is awesome.

It would just be nice to see "special" controllers do something other than look nice. That's all I was getting at.

Sorry everyone.

I agree, but I know it isn't going to happen.

branded xboxes/controllers/etc are a waste of money.

Top Bottom