• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach @ ComicCon + Press Conference/Panel

Doodis

Dani said:
They aren't McFarland figures.

Check the OP. SquareEnix figures.
Sorry, you misunderstood me. I know they're SE figures. I'm saying I'd rather buy these if they're bigger than the McFarland figures. :D

EDIT:
Dead said:
Theyre like ~9 inches tall, and cost about $35-40, going by past Play Arts Kai figures
Cool, thanks.

Louis Wu

Dax01 said:
Wait, didn't the Halo Waypoint announcement say it was a sequel? If it's not a sequel, I'm glad to hear it. However, I want a sequel to GoO the most.
It's a sequel, in the sense that the new book(s) take place in the Halo universe AFTER the last story, chronologically (GoO). All books written since GoO have been prequels.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This is the only good thing about my day today. My AC went out and I have to wait till tomorrow for a fix. I'm sitting here waiting to cook to death. It's supposed to be 96 degrees with a heat index of 110.

2l95u87.jpg

Alienshogun said:
This is the only good thing about my day today. My AC went out and I have to wait till tomorrow for a fix. I'm sitting here waiting to cook to death. It's supposed to be 96 degrees with a heat index of 110.

Geez, where are you at?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lazslo said:
Bungie should put up a count-down timer today. It's always been a success in the past. :D

Countdown to cockblock!

Genesis Knight said:
Geez, where are you at?

Right near St. Louis on the Illinois side.

We get all of the gulf humidity with none of the ocean breeze! :lol

S1kkZ

GhaleonEB said:
Bolded the important part. Time zones are a bitch if you're on the other side of the planet from the event.
ah, ok. i think i will stay up untill 3 am (german time) to see the stream.

Gui_PT

Could someone from Bungie say when all the new media will be out on b.net?

I'll watch the stream at 3 am, but it might be full and not give me access (it's happened way too many times with Bungie reveals =\)

Alienshogun said:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2l95u87.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Time to get out that garden hose to wipe that frown off your face with some nice cool water:

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/1rrcb9.jpg

Gui_PT

S1kkZ said:
but nobody outside the us cares about halo, right?

;)

Unfortunately Halo in Portugal isn't big at all. Or as big as I'd like it to be.

Everyone here plays either Fifa or PES and that's about it.

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
The monitor being a physical player character does nothing to help the user build maps.
This is true, and I get what you're saying about wanting Forge to focus on map creation because that's what you are interested in. But Forge is about more than just making stuff, and having a physical monitor adds to the gameplay of Forge, if not the utility of the editing tools. (Though, since Forge is also a collaborative mode, having each player manifest physically when editing is nice.) That's not the part of the game mode you are interested in, of course.

Lazslo

GhaleonEB said:
This is true, and I get what you're saying about wanting Forge to focus on map creation because that's what you are interested in. But Forge is about more than just making stuff, and having a physical monitor adds to the gameplay of Forge, if not the utility of the editing tools. (Though, since Forge is also a collaborative mode, having each player manifest physically when editing is nice.) That's not the part of the game mode you are interested in, of course.
I have a feeling they will do something to the Honor rules aspect of the 'Forge game'. If they enable to ability to make a game with forge that makes players obey a set of rules, forge could turn into an amazing resource game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:

Just a thought, but the hint of a Monitor/forge being a multiplayer mode makes me believe the chances for "customs matchmaking" may indeed finally be good.

Don't know if anyone mentioned that yet, but it sure has me stoked.

We may finally have matchmaking for damn near everything!

Alienshogun said:
Just a thought, but the hint of a Monitor/forge being a multiplayer mode makes me believe the chances for "customs matchmaking" may indeed finally be good.

Don't know if anyone mentioned that yet, but it sure has me stoked.

We may finally have matchmaking for damn near everything!

I doubt it - I don't see them risking taking people of the general matchmaking pool for customs.

I'd love to be wrong though, because it'd be a great feature.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sikamikanico said:
I doubt it - I don't see them risking taking people of the general matchmaking pool for customs.

I'd love to be wrong though, because it'd be a great feature.

Why not? They are already doing semi splitting the pool with Firefight. More options isn't a bad thing.

I wonder if there will be coop campaign matchmaking too since they did it with firefight.

Hmm....

Havok

Alienshogun said:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2l95u87.jpg
I will never understand why every one of these you have done has said 'a bungie' instead of 'at bungie'.

Or maybe I'm just missing something.

Edit: Oh, an IGN meme. Got it.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Alienshogun said:
Right near St. Louis on the Illinois side.

Well, that's certainly a discreet way to describe it. It's weird working on the "East Side" in Seattle. Every time someone says it, I don't get a mental picture of Lake Washington lapping the shores of a gentrified downtown Kirkland.

Dax01 said:
Prediction time: Valhalla is beyond the canyon.

Also, in the Valhalla portion of the map each of the bases has been given a basement underneath the one we're familiar with from Halo 3. The ocean side base contains a perfect recreation of Hang 'em High, and the river side features a revamped Prisoner.

Kapura

Banned
K, time for some Real Talk predictions:

Bungie will reveal the canyon map and it will be the largest multiplayer map to-date. Forge+ is going to be revealed, and it will kick ass. Urk will make dick jokes. The panels (both of them) will be awesome. Somebody will complain about the no-BR or no-Dual Wielding if there is a Q&A. We won't get a podcast until late august at the earliest.

Did I miss anything?

Genesis Knight said:
Also, in the Valhalla portion of the map each of the bases has been given a basement underneath the one we're familiar with from Halo 3. The ocean side base contains a perfect recreation of Hang 'em High, and the river side features a revamped Prisoner.

I would literally shit myself. Luckily for me, this is far-fetched enough :lol

Genesis Knight said:
Well, if you're going to dream, may as well dream big.:lol

Edit: Just to make sure no one misunderstood, I was being serious with that Valhalla prediction.

Since we're making ridiculous predictions..

The game is actually semi-open world. All the multiplayer maps are stitched together, so beyond the canyon is every single map.

Bungieware said:
Since we're making ridiculous predictions..

The game is actually semi-open world. All the multiplayer maps are stitched together, so beyond the canyon is every single map.

that would be homunculus

Top Bottom