• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Leaked From Microsoft Servers

I cant play it so whats the point of spoiling the game for me. Besides im sure most of the comments will be from jaded assholes that complain that Halo: Reach looks like Halo.

StuBurns

Banned
I can't believe they're even sending out review copies. They should just have review events for something like this. It's the last Halo from Bungie, it shouldn't even be on a server, copies should be transported in briefcases attached to ninja's wrists.

Then again, when you're going to sell five million copies without breaking a sweat, I guess it doesn't really matter all that much.

Cruceh

Banned
FilthyLies said:
Oh yeah, way leaked. Ending videos out and everything.

Don't think it's leaked wide yet though, you can't download it from any torrent sites yet.

Leaks suck :( I want to play it now, not three weeks from now.
Peers 131 Seeding, 34 Downloading, 165 peer(s) total [Show/Hide full list]
It's out wide all right!
Anyway, I'll probably buy this game used from game stop, beat it in 10 hours, and return it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This guy has balls of steal broadcasting it, jtv can track his ip easy enough, microsoft will be all over his ass with a lawsuit.

MMaRsu

Banned
DennisK4 said:
How is this possible? And PS3 games can be pirated now too?

That can't be right cause every day GAF tells me piracy is killing the PC....

So gaming is all dead now?

Read the thread/OP and you'll know how it's possible.

And no you cant pirate Ps3 games.

MMaRsu

Banned
Mr Cola said:
This guy has balls of steal broadcasting it, jtv can track his ip easy enough, microsoft will be all over his ass with a lawsuit.

Because he pirated the game? I don't think this guy is the one who leaked it.

I don't think I've seen many lawsuits over one downloaded game.

StuBurns said:
I can't believe they're even sending out review copies. They should just have review events for something like this. It's the last Halo from Bungie, it shouldn't even be on a server, copies should be transported in briefcases attached to ninja's wrists.

Then again, when you're going to sell five million copies without breaking a sweat, I guess it doesn't really matter all that much.
See I thought that was the situation. I remember hearing the Giant Bomb guys say at some point when talking about reviewing Reach they said "we are going to them for that one"

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
a Master Ninja said:
I know, why couldn't a guy with skills pirate it?
I was thinking more the textures, graphics etc, but i suppose it is a stream and condensed etc etc.

Mr Cola

MMaRsu said:
Because he pirated the game? I don't think this guy is the one who leaked it.

I don't think I've seen many lawsuits over one downloaded game.
You dont think msoft would be all over anyone who is streaming a pirated version of their game weeks before release? Im sure ive heard examples of suits over this type of thing

Sean

Banned
This is the type of game that reviewers need to go into Bungie studios for. Didn't they do that with Halo 3?

While this sure is a lot more convenient for reviewers, it's like an open invitation to hackers/modders too.

voltron

Looks awesome. Really finding it difficult to close this live stream tab.

You really fucked up bad here Microsoft.

MMaRsu

Banned
Mr Cola said:
You dont think msoft would be all over anyone who is streaming a pirated version of their game weeks before release? Im sure ive heard examples of suits over this type of thing

No I think they will ban his console and any other unapproved console and that will be the end of it, no lawsuits involved.

Mr Cola said:
I was thinking more the textures, graphics etc, but i suppose it is a stream and condensed etc etc.

Graphics look amazing, even on the stream you can see an insane amount of detail.

NH Apache

Banned
Mr Cola said:

I would think that they log everyone who downloads from the server, thus nabbing the original guys. But, I'm sure there are ways around that.

Q8D3vil

How is this possible? And PS3 games can be pirated now too?

That can't be right cause every day GAF tells me piracy is killing the PC....

So gaming is all dead now?
360 games leaks like 2 week before the release date.
then they blame pc for piracy :lol

Mr Cola

MMaRsu said:
No I think they will ban his console and any other unapproved console and that will be the end of it, no lawsuits involved.
I think they would make a big splash over this, use those they can track as an example "you pirate and blah blah blah lawsuit blah blah grandkids paying for it blah blah"

Perhaps im old fashioned that way :(

StuBurns

Banned
Mr Cola said:
The geometry and texture work is not overwhelming, but the art, the smoke effects, the lighting are all pretty beautiful even based on that stream.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I like what I'm seeing. Won't be picking it up at launch, but I can add it to my small collection of 360 titles.

Mr Cola

MMaRsu said:
Graphics look amazing, even on the stream you can see an insane amount of detail.
Theres no other response to this save they simple do not, i thought i was watching Halo 3 for the first 10 minutes, and when that came out the graphics were only just a small cut above the time. It looks bland and looks like it plays bland. But then i assume this discussion will end with me being branded a troll so to pre-empt that ill keep this as my last post on the matter.

You know how you could stop people from pirating the game Microsoft? Stop your loyal fans from having the game spoiled for them, or all the games closely guarded secrets revealed before launch?

LET US PAY YOU NOW TO DOWNLOAD IT!!!!!

Screw brick and mortar retailers, I have a credit card, Xbox Live, a 120GB HDD and an itching to play Halo Reach. I'm never going to pirate the game, why should I have to wait when you have it right there!!?

Just a thought.

Mr Cola

StuBurns said:
The geometry and texture work is not overwhelming, but the art, the smoke effects, the lighting are all pretty beautiful even based on that stream.
Ill say this the scale impresses me alot, it really does.

StuBurns

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Theres no other response to this save they simple do not, i thought i was watching Halo 3 for the first 10 minutes, and when that came out the graphics were only just a small cut above the time. It looks bland and looks like it plays bland. But then i assume this discussion will end with me being branded a troll so to pre-empt that ill keep this as my last post on the matter.
It looks like it plays like a Halo game, if you don't like Halo, that's cool, not everyone does, but I think to have expected anything else would be a little misguided, no offense intended.

voltron

I bet whoever is playing Reach on the live stream has a hard-on imagining all the people watching live online.

It would be a weird feeling.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dead Man Typing said:
You know how you could stop people from pirating the game Microsoft? Stop your loyal fans from having the game spoiled for them, or all the games closely guarded secrets revealed before launch?

Screw brick and mortar retailers, I have a credit card, Xbox Live, a 120GB HDD and an itching to play Halo Reach. I'm never going to pirate the game, why should I have to wait when you have it right there!!?

Just a thought.
Retailers would be apoplectic if MS cut them out like that.

Mr Cola

StuBurns said:
It looks like it plays like a Halo game, if you don't like Halo, that's cool, not everyone does, but I think to have expected anything else would be a little misguided, no offense intended.
I loved halo 1 and 3 :D so i dont want to come across the misguided halo hater, because im not. Reach and this just seem so bland, so little of an evolution, i cant help but watch this stream and think im playing the same damn game as Halo 3 and that formula worked for 3 games but doesnt work for me anymore :(.

Haunted

I checked the livestream and I saw a Spartan blowing up Covenants with explosions in all the colours of the rainbow in a poly-sparse, but nicely lit desert environment.

"Yeah, this is Halo all right."

Mr Cola said:
I loved halo 1 and 3 :D so i dont want to come across the misguided halo hater, because im not. Reach and this just seem so bland, so little of an evolution, i cant help but watch this stream and think im playing the same damn game as Halo 3 and that formula worked for 3 games but doesnt work for me anymore :(.

Did you play the beta?

Cause I thought it was friggin' awesome.

Dead Man Typing said:

Just a thought.
This.
I will say what I have said any time we have seen a situation like this. If the game is done, why not just release it? I understand they want to build up these big marketing campaigns around them. but the more lead time between gold and release the greater chance of it being leaked. I would wager there are more than a few people who are looking up how to mod their consoles after seeing news like this.

Mr Cola

Inferno313 said:
Did you play the beta?

Cause I thought it was friggin' awesome.
I was never a fan of the online so i gave it a skip, i loved the campaign and the coop campaign in 3.

V_Ben

Banned
Well, It certainly doesn't look like its gonna be a bad game :lol

I've never found myself being interested by the Halo games, I found the story boring and the gameplay kinda slow and monotonous at times (not all the time though.) This actually looks more interesting to me. The armor abilities add some cool variety, and I could actually see myself playing this one. Haven't finished a Halo game since the first one on PC :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dead Man Typing said:

Just a thought.
You can buy it, just $1250.

V_Ben

Banned
Zeliard said:
Looks like a Halo game I might actually want to play.

Same. This looks more interesting to me than any previous Halo game. I'm interested in a Halo game for the first time since the first one :lol

Top Bottom