• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Leaked From Microsoft Servers

MMaRsu

Banned
Zeliard said:
Looks like a Halo game I might actually want to play.

Havent seen much of it, as I like to be in the dark singleplayer wise as much as I can, but the multiplayer was damn amazing, for a beta even. This game is gonna be filled to the brim with content.

StuBurns

Banned
Mr Cola said:
I loved halo 1 and 3 :D so i dont want to come across the misguided halo hater, because im not. Reach and this just seem so bland, so little of an evolution, i cant help but watch this stream and think im playing the same damn game as Halo 3 and that formula worked for 3 games but doesnt work for me anymore :(.
I do think the Combat Refined criticism of the games since the original is fair, but there is long enough between them that it's fine for me, and it's certainly not CoD crapping out the exact same game yearly.

I never played the MP really either, so one or two playthru's of an entry every few years has been fine to me, but I can certainly see people being disappointed it's not a huge leap.

Arnie

Trying not to watch that stream but boy does it look so, so good.

Microsoft fucked up big style, I can't believe a company in the 20th century would put their biggest release up on the internet, it's asking for trouble.

And yes if Microsoft made it legitimately available to download now I would buy it and the retail copy so they'd make twice the money off me.

Arnie said:

Microsoft fucked up big style, I can't believe a company in the 20th century would put their biggest release up on the internet, it's asking for trouble.

And yes if Microsoft made it legitimately available to download now I would buy it and the retail copy so they'd make twice the money off me.

Wrong century bub.

JSnake

StuBurns said:
I can't believe they're even sending out review copies. They should just have review events for something like this. It's the last Halo from Bungie, it shouldn't even be on a server, copies should be transported in briefcases attached to ninja's wrists.

Then again, when you're going to sell five million copies without breaking a sweat, I guess it doesn't really matter all that much.
There is a reviews tour this coming week.

Zeliard

-Yeti said:
Hmm.. I'm surprised that this stream is making people actually want to play it. Maybe it is viral marketing. :lol

Doesn't hurt that the stream is good quality. Level design seems much improved his time around.

The voice acting is pretty bad, but the human faces finally look decent.

Smokey

a Master Ninja said:
These are some big-ass levels.

Assembly Required said:
Suh-weet, it looks awesome.

DancingJesus said:
This looks incredible...

I need to stop watching.

Arnie said:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i'm trying to resist watching the stream

:(

expy

Banned
V_Ben said:
Same. This looks more interesting to me than any previous Halo game. I'm interested in a Halo game for the first time since the first one :lol
You played 2,3,waypoint, and odst, you didn't find them interesting?

A Halo game is leaked a month before its release? I'm shocked! :lol

The last time we got some funny pictures like this one.
e5iJB.jpg

V_Ben

Banned
Game looks visually pretty great. That voice acting wasn't so hot, but at least the faces have improved somewhat. The music is as ever spectacular. Love Bungie's sound design :) I may end up getting that Reach 360, I need a new 360 anyway :lol

Smokey said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i'm trying to resist watching the stream

:(

Honestly, I wish I hadn't clicked on the link. It's almost mesmerizing. I can't stop watching...but this something I want to experience myself.

The gunplay looks kinda boring after watching more of the stream. Also no real feedback when hitting enemies like in Halo 2. (never played 3)

Zeliard

expy said:
You played 2,3,waypoint, and odst, you didn't find them interesting?

I never played Waypoint and ODST, but I found Halo 2 and 3 entirely uninteresting. Halo 1 was solid because it was so novel as a good-looking console shooter, but ultimately still featured pretty bland gameplay and repetitive level design relative to other shooters of the time.

Reach at least seems to be opening the levels up far more than Halo 3, which already had some fairly open levels.

Oh snapples, he's streaming the space combat stage.

jqq8wm.gif

schennmu said:
The gunplay looks kinda boring after watching more of the stream. Also no real feedback when hitting enemies like in Halo 2. (never played 3)

No feedback aye? I guess you must of missed the shields popping, blood flying and alien shrills.

Halo leaking is pretty much a tradition.

Biggest difference here was the lack of the French. But maybe since Reach isn't part of the original trilogy, the French didn't get involved.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope that Microsoft remotely detonates the pirate's 360's, not only blowing up the perps but their houses and entire families.

Jerks.

expy

Banned
Snuggler said:
I hope that Microsoft remotely detonates the pirate's 360's, not only blowing up the perps but their houses and entire families.

Jerks.
They already banned them, do you really want Microsoft to get shut down for murdering people? :lol

Top Bottom