• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
First GAF custom game session complete. Awesome experience and look forward to more in Reach!

Preferably when I'm awake and not sleepily trying to melee the enemy across the map.

big ander

Zod the Bear said:
First GAF custom game session complete. Awesome experience and look forward to more in Reach!

Preferably when I'm awake and not sleepily trying to melee the enemy across the map.
Shit you guys JUST finished? Wow.
I hope somebody saved Scarves.

Just saw the Best Buy weekly ad. They're giving away a $20 Gift Card when you purchase it there this Tuesday!

Don't know if it's for Reward Zone members only, but the ad didn't say. So I guess it's for everyone!

The gift card is good for any Halo Reach version and/or if you buy the bundle!

Pretty sweet!

EDIT: I think it's online only but I'm going to check to see if it's in store also.

Pennybags

cazosozey said:
Yeah saw that clip earlier and yeah. am confused

Sniper primaries, random secondary, active camo, waypoints over every head, high gravity, the slowest run speed known to man, and a whacked scoring system that apparently rewards you 10 points for suicide.

Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Trasher

From the Kotaku review about the graphics:

While it didn't happen often, I was shocked to see that Halo: Reach does on very few occasions, chug. That is the graphics slow down quite a bit when there's too much going on in the game. The first time I noticed this was near the end of the game when a lot of enemies were around, and we were all shooting off our weapons and something big exploded. But I've since seen it a few other times and in online matches as well. I checked it on a second console and checked in with other players and they've noticed it too. It happens so infrequently that it doesn't really mar the game, but it's not the type of issue I would ever expect to see in a Bungie title.

Something from the Kotaku review that has me excited:

There is much to love about Halo: Reach, but looking back at my nearly two times through the game and a day spent playing it online, the single thing that sticks with me the most is its setting, its majestic take on a planet that doesn't exist. Bungie has outdone themselves with the game's look, stringing together set-piece after set-piece until there is nearly nothing left.

Setting is an amazing thing for a game to capture if it is done right (like in Halo CE), so this has me pumped. It's a great thing to actually feel like you are exploring new environments. Here's hoping that Reach will have that sense of exploration that Halo CE had.

Ramirez

Halo 3 on occasion tuns into a slideshow for me, I'm assuming it's the same thing in Reach, it doesn't last very long, but it is bad when it does happen.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe people still watch GT reviews prior to launch. :lol

big ander

Pennybags said:
Posted this clip earlier, but it was lost in the review flood. Gives a good feel for the pacing of the game. :lol
Perfect :lol

PsychoRaven said:
WTF was that? I can't stop laughing.
It's the best gametype ever. Well, for Zayne. Cause at everything else, like Tower of Power, he just has to use his connection to kill people.
SHOT.GUN.

cazosozey

Pennybags said:
Sniper primaries, random secondary, active camo, waypoints over every head, high gravity, the slowest run speed known to man, and a whacked scoring system that apparently rewards you 10 points for suicide.

Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Hell yes I want a piece of that cake

big ander

cazosozey said:
Hell yes I want a piece of that cake
You should have gotten on, we had plenty of open spaces, and Scarves is better the more people there are.
Trasher said:
I would so post the video of me splattering you in the mongoose if I could right now. =/

Is this new? Just saw the option for it when clicking on a screenshot for Reach.
http://www.haloscreenshots.com/reach/527/
Nope that feature has been around for a while.

rObit

Banned
Had a blast doing customs with the alt group tonight. Scarves review: Awesome out of 10.
That was a perfect way to send off Halo 3. Thanks all.

VVV :lol :lol

big ander

Delightful Oonsk said:
Had a blast doing customs with the hipster group tonight. Scarves review: Awesome out of 10.
That was a perfect way to send off Halo 3. Thanks all.
Fixed
Glad you could play with everyone :D

zumphry

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
GGs, AlternaHaloGAF customs. Or simply known as "ZayneH's study group/victims". Lolol. Jooookes. Thanks for hosting dude.
big ander said:
Well there's a separate group going of people that weren't allowed into regular customs for some reason, and I don't think we're stopping soon. We were playing ridiculous games at first, but we're doing some great stuff now; just had a fun 1flag Longshore and 2flag Citadel. Hop on!

Glad you could play Halo 3 at Reach Beta speed with us :D
Zod the Bear said:
Scarves
might be the best thing ever.

Ever.
big ander said:
The people who aren't in on this are missing out.
Zod the Bear said:

big ander said:
Shit you guys JUST finished? Wow.
I hope somebody saved Scarves.
Pennybags said:
Posted this clip earlier, but it was lost in the review flood. Gives a good feel for the pacing of the game. :lol

Yes.
AltHaloGAF Customs were fucking hilarious. Sadly, I was not able to save Scarves Valhalla, so Pennybags hopefully kept the entire film (it's ok if you don't that really does explain the concept. Nice touch that I'd be the one that dies. :lol )

For actually hosting them, it was really fun being able to play with a bunch of juniors or not really well known people, plus Sai, Ander, and Smokey, to name a few. Got a bunch of new people on my Friends List for Reach. Would love to maybe do that next week in Reach. With Scarves -2.0

big ander said:
It's the best gametype ever. Well, for Zayne. Cause at everything else, like Tower of Power, he just has to use his connection to kill people.
SHOT.GUN.

"See, it makes perfect sense. It's snipers, but you're invisible but you have a waypoint over your head. You also move really slow. It makes complete sense! Like, if I can't see you, you can't see me."

Went out the back at work, and these were waiting on hold for me

2qce8uu.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Have to wait till Tuesday

Customs too big requiring alt group, people just wanting to play with HaloGAF 'friends' or snobbyness involved?
rush777 said:
Approximately how long is the campaign?
Similar to Halo 3 if you've any previous experience.
So play on Heroic and don't worry about it, what happens, happens.

Sai-kun said:
I'm...I'm banned again :( come on bungie, I haven't quit all day!
Bah ha ha. Hydranockz told me of your fun times. <3 Bungie, sounds like it'll do what I want it to do.

Tashi0106 said:

I got a killtac playing with the neogaf boys in social slayer lolz. maybe you can render it. :D

And thanks for the Scarves custom game lol.

Also, @Sai Kun, I think this quit ban is going to be....a bad thing in Reach. I'm just being honest here. I hate it when people quit but someone quits many times because they are nerd raging...well, it may want them to just...quit Reach or something lol (referring to CoD boys who will have a hard time with this).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ChocholateMILK said:
I got a killtac playing with the neogaf boys in social slayer lolz. maybe you can render it. :D

This is from my livestream. I don't have any render points but if you post the clip, I'm sure some nice guy will render it for you :D

rush777

Zeouterlimits said:
Similar to Halo 3 if you've any previous experience.
So play on Heroic and don't worry about it, what happens, happens.

Perfect, I think I'm going to go with Legendary to start since the difficulty is supposed to be similar to Halo 3. I'm getting so stoked, very few shooters these days get me equally hyped for the Campaign and Multiplayer.

Anyone can PM me anything that you file share and I can grab it and render it upload to Youtube in HD. Offer valid always.

Also man I got f'in drunk tonight playing customs, What a way to send off Halo 3. I hope to get 2500 exp before Reach still though.

Smokey

ChocholateMILK said:

EDIT: ah different game

Send me a FR when you get a chance GT = dboythagr8 , you were cool ppl.

Sai-kun said:
I'm...I'm banned again :( come on bungie, I haven't quit all day!
Is that the reason why you left the last game?

Btw. we lost. 4:50. But after you had left, somebody left, too. And its impossible to get some kills when enemy team is camping at the Sniper place.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Is that the reason why you left the last game?

Btw. we lost. 4:50. But after you had left, somebody left, too. And its impossible to get some kills when enemy team is camping at the Sniper place.

lol those guys were just fucking destroying us. ugh. what bad way to go out!

We did pretty awesome in that Zealot match though :) Zealot is a great map

i'll show you a big ander, big ander

Pennybags said:
I can render it for you. Go ahead, shoot.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=120409258

There. It was literally in the first few minutes of the game. Penny, if you render, a million thanks to you!

Sadly, we lost. Don't know how we did though lol.

I have a question for everyone here, do you think the quit ban will be a big issue in Reach? I mean, Bungie has said that people quit in H3 used it to 'glorify' their quit record or deranking record. Something along those lines. I mean, I will be honest and say I have had deranked a few games (not like deranking like those no life kids).

The issue that could be a problem is people who suck at reach and they rage quit. What will be the outcome of this? Will they trade the game in? Will most of these be CoD kids? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom