• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot how great Bungie's UI team is. Their menu systems are always so far ahead of their peers, it's crazy.

Does anyone know at all if the recon code is inside the box in legendary editions in Australia? It's not in standard editions, they sent the code separate.

ElRenoRaven

*Walks into thread*
*See's reviews are out*
*Yawns*
*Goes back to waiting for Halo: Reach and not caring about reviews*

Man the download for the MP preview is taking forever. Course that could be because I'm downloading that and letting my WOW launcher for the PTR for 4.0 download all 16 gigs of the files.

StuBurns

Banned
Seeing the Forge World stuff, the game really looks great. As much as Halo 3 looked good to me, and the IQ didn't really bother me, this is a significant step up I think.

EDIT: Seen the rest of the quicklook, after 22:10, it's spoiler free.

GhaleonEB said:
I like to read stuff written by people who are familiar of the subject they are writing about.

Understandable. I guess I wasn't sure what was being implied. I, myself, like to read reviews based on multiple perpectives from respected contributors. I find this equates to overall, broader picture er, view. But I will agree...it was a well written piece.

Gomu Gomu

Ugh, discussing reviews is always the worst part of an OT.
Anyway, can't wait to play it.
edit: oh there's a separate thread for that? thank god.

cazosozey

Just finished watching giant bombs QL, and it was quite entertaining.
Notes:
1. Always check behind waterfalls in games.
2. Diarrheabulletz
3. Reach is going to be awesome.

GhaleonEB

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Understandable. I guess I wasn't sure what was being implied. I, myself, like to read reviews based on multiple perpectives from respected contributors. I find this equates to overall, broader picture er, view. But I will agree...it was a well written piece.
To be clear: I like a variety of opinion. When I'm reading reviews to determine whether I want to buy a game or not - which I don't do a lot these days, but do on occasion (I picked up Arkham Asylum after playing the demo and then reading the reviews) I seek a wide variety of viewpoints. I'm sold on Reach, though. And while I'll read most of the major reviews after I've played through the campaign, right now I'm just reading the individual reviews from the people whose opinion I've come to trust the most, to see what they thought. So, that means guys who know their Halo. Shacknews, 1up and Edge come to mind as examples.

Havok

StuBurns said:
Good to hear, could be an issue with their video capture maybe, or lag, or anything really.
I think that might be a part of it. The audio was out of sync for me for the last half of the Quick Look.

_Bro

Banned
QL was so dumb. Maybe I just don't "get" Giant Bomb but having someone so uninformed sit in on a playthrough of the game is kind of annoying. "So like, is ____ going on or like, what?" "Yeah, I mean, after I reviewed ODST I just stopped playing it."

Spruchy

In single player I can recall a moment or two of slow down and 4 player split screen multiplayer it happened once (expected).

Gomu Gomu said:
Ugh, discussing reviews is always the worst part of an OT.
Anyway, can't wait to play it.

Discussing anything besides 'excitement' or your disdainment towards reviews concerning said game is always the worst part of any OT.

cazosozey

_Bro said:
QL was so dumb. Maybe I just don't "get" Giant Bomb but having someone so uninformed sit in on a playthrough of the game is kind of annoying. "So like, is ____ going on or like, what?" "Yeah, I mean, after I reviewed ODST I just stopped playing it."

He said he stopped playing FF because lack of MM. Imo GB did a hell of alot better than gamespot.

Schmitty

Well, reviews are looking to be great across the board. (Not that it effects my decision to buy the game or not :lol )

Which site/mag will be the first to give it a low score? I am awaiting Edge's review. I like the way they use the whole scale.

Godslay

Banned
cazosozey said:
Just finished watching giant bombs QL, and it was quite entertaining.
Notes:
1. Always check behind waterfalls in games.
2. Diarrheabulletz
3. Reach is going to be awesome.

Number 2 actually had me laughing out loud. So did Legalize da Kush from da Grave:lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well, critical success has been solidified with all the reviews, now I'm just watching to see if its a sales success. Millions sold there will be, but I'm curious if it'll break records. I mean, MW2 did numbers. I just hope all the same Halo fans are still there for the last hurrah.

Schmitty said:
Well, reviews are looking to be great across the board. (Not that it effects my decision to buy the game or not :lol )

Which site/mag will be the first to give it a low score? I am awaiting Edge's review. I like the way they use the whole scale.

There are some games that if you like the genre you will like the game. Bungie has earned that place.

equil

This might be old, but its from the 1up review.

1up review said:
Bungie community director Brian Jarrard confirms that, unlike previous titles, there's no additional cinematic or end-scene for finishing on Legendary difficulty -- everyone sees the same last scene

Ballistik

Kinda annoying how Jeff kept trying to make the fusion coil explosion happen in Forge World, instead of placing armor abilites, vehicles, and scenery. Also when he played multiplayer, would be nice if he had switched loadouts to show different variety.

feel

Decent scores.

And I kind of want to watch that GB QL, but I'm sure all I'll do is get pissed off at the lack of interest and dumb remarks of the clueless idiots commenting.

I like that there's no special Legendary ending. It sucks not seeing the full ending in the first heroic playthrough, or in the replays that I mostly do in Heroic too.

Ballistik

Letters said:
Decent scores.

And I kind of want to watch that GB QL, but I'm sure all I'll do is get pissed off at the lack of interest and dumb remarks of the clueless idiots commenting.
I did. Yes, yes you will. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom