• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Fuck, I'm really tempted to try and pick up a cheap copy of CE PC even though I know it is only for a bit of visual snobbery.

Oozer3993

Smokey said:
Yeah this is what I'm doing. It could still just be hype but whatever... $150 is entirely too much money for it and I know this...but I'm still in anyways:lol

Ditto lol. I'm a sucker for behind the scenes commentary.

I'm rocking the Mk VI helmet.

The 22" monitor with HD tuner that I ordered came today and is gorgeous, so I am all set for Reach Day. Speaking of which, what's the best way to set up a different wallpaper for the extended desktop on a 2nd monitor?

P.S. Even though I'm way late on this, the OP is excellent. Well done Ghaleon and m0dus!

Gui_PT

Sooo, if anyone has an extra halo pc key lying around, i'd love to have it.

And don't start bitching, I won't post about it anymore.

LukeSmith said:
:D
john.jpg

Dani said:
It's a fantastic time to be a Halo fan.
+9000 points

MrBig

Hydranockz said:
Junior member quotes question asking about nameplates.

Junior makes a funny in his head.

Junior posts link to an Armory spoiler. Yes those exist.

smh
Sorry, read the question wrong.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
Junior member quotes question asking about nameplates.

Junior makes a funny in his head.

Junior posts link to an Armory spoiler. Yes those exist.

smh

It even says spoiler in the URL tag. :lol

"Junior is not long for this world"

rObit

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Fun Fact: HaloGAF trivia was considered early on but I wanted to give new members a shot at winning, too. Our community should be inclusive not exclusive.

Trivia about trivia. That's meta.

Alienshogun said:
It even says spoiler in the URL tag. :lol

"Junior is not long for this world"
I edited the link silly :p

.spoiler is not an existing filetype just yet ;)

Edit: I know his intentions were not to spoil but I have been pretty dark about most Armory items besides the collage on bnet and the armor effect you all know and love. I am perhaps mildly peeved at having seen it. I faltered.

<3 Juniors.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Pre-ordered on Amazon. $20 games credit, Recon helmet, and $0.99 release day delivery is a good combo. Now I just have to see if anyone does better than NewEgg's $39.99 on 12 months of live. I'm usually a COD guy but Black Ops just looks zzzz.

KORPAH said:
About the "MLG" gameplay posted: I play quite a bit of MLG (been playing MLG gametypes competitively since 03'), and that gameplay just looked like someone was trying to make Halo something that it's not... i.e. by changing the player's speed, I'm guessing they were hoping for "faster" gameplay but what it looked like was sloppy and broken in terms of competitive play. Even though Bungie has made some questionable decisions regarding competitive settings, I still think that they have come up with the best "base" settings possible and to have more competitive gametypes, only MINOR tweaks should happen (change weapon placements, fiddle with loadouts etc... nothing as drastic as completely changing the base player traits like speed, damage modifier, melee damage, gravity etc.).

In MLG's Halo 3 settings, the base player's trait only had very minor tweaks (all within 10%) which were completely necessary, but I feel that Reach is polished enough to where just fiddling with the weapon placements, loadouts etc. will produce the most competitive Halo title yet.

/MLGer rant

With that said, I know that MLG will be sure to have good settings that will not entirely alter the core Halo: Reach experience.

EDIT: Going with the Halo 1 PC nameplate :)

'03 you say? That seems like the time halo pc started getting a small competitive scene going, were you one of us?

CAL S1 and CPL '04 era (wish i was old enough at the time to go)

Smokey

Oozer3993 said:
Ditto lol. I'm a sucker for behind the scenes commentary.

I'm rocking the Mk VI helmet.

The 22" monitor with HD tuner that I ordered came today and is gorgeous, so I am all set for Reach Day. Speaking of which, what's the best way to set up a different wallpaper for the extended desktop on a 2nd monitor?

P.S. Even though I'm way late on this, the OP is excellent. Well done Ghaleon and m0dus!

What is this? Gotta link?

neoism said:
matchmaking anyone??? :D

I've been on for like 3 hrs and I'm still on now if you wanna play. gt = dboythar8

FourDoor

Hmmm I don't see the Reach nameplate either from the Beta.

Can someone link to to BWU that lists all of the nameplate flair?

Edit: Nevermind I see it now. It's the AR! :lol

Assault Rifle

Spray it, don't say it. You don't need words to express your love for the Halo: Reach Assault Rifle. All you had to do was play the Halo: Reach Beta in May of 2010. Didn't squeeze off a few rounds in our online test bed? Sorry, this nameplate is not for you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Shake Appeal said:
Ho-ly shit. I managed 3,300, and I often looked back and shook my head and wondered how I found the time.

(And then did the same for Halo 3.)

You are truly pro.

Lol. I remember me and my friends would go to work out after school (high school) and like halfway through our work out we would look at each other just say, "wanna go home and play halo?" lol, we played all the time.

I wasn't even that great at Halo 2 either. I mean, I was good but I'm better in Halo 3 than Halo 2 for sure. I've beaten pros in Halo 3 but used to get destroyed by them in Halo 2.

Good times.

GhaleonEB

Just wanted to express my undying love for the Intel update today. All the weapon renders I was missing (each grenade, Spiker, both turrets, Plasma Rifle), plus new enemy renders. It bugged me that i couldn't fill in those blanks to the OP for some sad reason. Thanks whoever parked'em there. Will update tonight. :D (Though, the enemy renders are half darkened.)

Anyone know what kind of shipping I need to get from Amazon in order for it to show up on launch day?

don't say overnight please god

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
Never expected to see this, at least not so soon. Not perfect but still very impressive.

Rat's Nest Remake
Ok so we have Rats Nest, Damnation, Beaver Creek, Guardian, Lock Out, Blood Gulch, Ivory Tower, and Ascension.....what Halo map wont we be able to play on Reach?

soldat7

Pookaki said:
Anyone know what kind of shipping I need to get from Amazon in order for it to show up on launch day?

don't say overnight please god

Release day shipping. It was 99 cents just the other day. Might want to check that.

GhaleonEB said:
Just wanted to express my undying love for the Intel update today. All the weapon renders I was missing (each grenade, Spiker, both turrets, Plasma Rifle), plus new enemy renders. It bugged me that i couldn't fill in those blanks to the OP for some sad reason. Thanks whoever parked'em there. Will update tonight. :D (Though, the enemy renders are half darkened.)
It's almost like they read these threads.

GhaleonEB

Trickster said:
I would expect people to start posting more and more as we get closer and closer to the release date? With all the anticipation and hype building.
B.net will likely be updating daily, people will be snagging early retial copies, Newegg will give us all a collective heart attack, and the review embargo lifts on Saturday. It's going to be a fun week.
Shake Appeal said:
It's almost like they read these threads.
Seriously, downright eerie.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
lol, well almost 16000

1rzrwn.png

Jesus, I played 2 religiously every day and only managed 7K, some how played even more of 3. :lol I don't see my Reach games even coming close to those tho. :lol

Toddler

GhaleonEB said:
HAWT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom