• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Did anyone else see the newest additions to the avatars on b.net?

user7.gif

user1.gif

HAHA. That's awesome. More proof that GAF >>>>> ALL.

Trickster

GhaleonEB said:
B.net will likely be updating daily, people will be snagging early retial copies, Newegg will give us all a collective heart attack, and the review embargo lifts on Saturday. It's going to be a fun week.

I certainly look forward to being able to post during the last few days before Reach is released. Every other Halo release I've had to sit on the sideline being able only to read posts because I was still a lurker back then. Good times :D

Trickster said:
I certainly look forward to being able to post during the last few days before Reach is released. Every other Halo release I've had to sit on the sideline being able only to read posts because I was still a lurker back then. Good times :D
I missed the launch of Halo 3 because I was starting my MA abroad, and I took the 'mature' route and left my 360 at home. Didn't get to play it until I came home for a weekend in October, and then again at Christmas.

This time, I am soaking it all in.

Arnie

Shake Appeal said:
I missed the launch of Halo 3 because I was starting my MA abroad, and I took the 'mature' route and left my 360 at home. Didn't get to play it until I came home for a weekend in October, and then again at Christmas.

This time, I am soaking it all in.
Yea I start my BA on the 19th so I'm going to be leaving my 360 at home.

Just kidding, I'm not missing out on many glorious Reach hours.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
wwm0nkey said:
Anyone else here hoping to see a play list of nothing but remakes from Halo 1, 2 and 3?

That would be pretty amazing. I would spend a good deal of time in there but I would probably like Reach maps in rotation because of a nice visual change. Don't know how long I could stay in one play list that was just the same forge objects over and over again.

Tashi0106 said:
Not enough games played. I think I played like 16000 Halo 2 games :lol

:(((

Nice to see another MLG fan in HaloGAF. :)

I agree with you about how Reach is pretty much ready to go for MLG in terms of the base player traits. I haven't played the final game yet so I can't speak to the new jump height and speed but I can definitely dig the melee damage and DMR/Magnum damage. I also really don't want it to be too different. I don't see myself playing 99% MLG games like I currently do in Halo 3 so I don't want the change to be so drastic when going from MLG games to stock Halo ones.

I'm hoping MLG settings are 120 speed, 75% melee damage, keep the 5 shot, change the jump height slightly, and I have no idea how the AA's will work. There has to be a lot of playing to really have an idea how the AA's will change the meta game. I heard if you change the settings to 4 shot dmr kill, you only need 5 body shots to kill. That's a definite no no and would eliminate the point of the DMR's headshot skill capabilities.

God damn, I can't wait for Reach. I haven't played Halo in 7 months. I'm ready to get back into the swing and own. 4 months if you count the beta which I only played for about 50 games.

wwm0nkey

Not a Jellyfish said:
That would be pretty amazing. I would spend a good deal of time in there but I would probably like Reach maps in rotation because of a nice visual change. Don't know how long I could stay in one play list that was just the same forge objects over and over again.
Well I mean just have a Double EXP "Classic" play list that would have nothing but remakes that way its only there for one weekend but it should also be back once a month.

Lothars

So would anyone recommend to get the Halo Reach Console?

I am already getting the Legendary Edition but I've been looking at it for a while now and I love the fact it's custom sounds, 250 gb hard drive and the 2 controllers.

The other question if I was to get it can I switch all my licenses over to the new console though I used it earlier this year? would I just have to contact Microsoft?

neoism said:
Fuck it.... I'm not going out... like that with bungles last halo game for me this is the end of HALO...
I hope bungle gets mo money... :/

It really is only costing me 70
feels good, man. :D

wwm0nkey said:
Did anyone else see the newest additions to the avatars on b.net?

user7.gif

user1.gif

Don't forget about Forky!!

user3.gif

big ander

Whoa congrats MiK!

Damn, having been away from HaloGaf for a while, I forgot how fast these threads move. It's dizzying.

Confession: I still haven't ordered the game. I'm debating pre-ordering it and going to a midnight release, but part of me also just wants to get release day shipping from Amazon. Gamestop is so far away from campus, I would have to get a cab.

Kibbles

soldat7 said:
Release day shipping. It was 99 cents just the other day. Might want to check that.
Or free if you have Amazon Prime, which is free if you are in college, just sign up for a student account (must have .edu email). :D

big ander said:
Confession: I still haven't ordered the game. I'm debating pre-ordering it and going to a midnight release, but part of me also just wants to get release day shipping from Amazon. Gamestop is so far away from campus, I would have to get a cab.
I just did release day shipping. I have never done it before and I'm a little worried that it wont be here on Tuesday. Bad experiences with shipping things I guess.

Here is a shameless plug to a video I made during the beta. Short 1 minute long highlight reel of some nice kills. :)

Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2BDlkj7KU&fmt=22

ManCannon

KS Seven X said:
I'm hoping MLG settings are 120 speed, 75% melee damage, keep the 5 shot, change the jump height slightly, and I have no idea how the AA's will work. There has to be a lot of playing to really have an idea how the AA's will change the meta game. I heard if you change the settings to 4 shot dmr kill, you only need 5 body shots to kill. That's a definite no no and would eliminate the point of the DMR's headshot skill capabilities.

God damn, I can't wait for Reach. I haven't played Halo in 7 months. I'm ready to get back into the swing and own. 4 months if you count the beta which I only played for about 50 games.

So far all the MLG games I've seen (both at Bungie and at PAX) only used Sprint and all pros greatly prefer the Needle Rifle over the DMR.

Smokey

Pookaki said:
I just did release day shipping. I have never done it before and I'm a little worried that it wont be here on Tuesday. Bad experiences with shipping things I guess.

Here is a shameless plug to a video I made during the beta. Short 1 minute long highlight reel of some nice kills. :)

Check it.

You will get it on release day.

ManCannon said:
So far all the MLG games I've seen (both at Bungie and at PAX) only used Sprint and all pros greatly prefer the Needle Rifle over the DMR.

Interesting. I'm curious as to why.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ManCannon said:

Is that due to being able to set off a needle explosion for missed headshots?

It seemed "more accurate" for me in Beta, but I honestly didn't play nearly as many games as some of you did.

Alienshogun said:

It seemed "more accurate" for me in Beta, but I honestly didn't play nearly as many games as some of you did.

I prefer the nerfle as well for this exact reason (missing headshots).

big ander

Pookaki said:

Check it.
I trust their release day shipping; I've done it with dvds and stuff. But if I do release day shipping, I get it the afternoon of the 14th. I have that afternoon to ignore classwork and play, but then I have 9am class. OR I can get it at midnight, play that night, wake up for class at 11, then get back at 3 and continue. I just can't decide if maybe 4 hours of Reach when I'll be dead tired are worth the 2 back-and-forth trips (one to order, one to pick up). If I can get some friends to go, I'll definitely do midnight.
Also, that video really made me want to play Reach MP. I miss the beta. Jealous of your Pro Pipe skills.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ManCannon said:

I'm assuming you mean games played my MLG players and not MLG gametypes right?

Needle Rifle does have the better long range accuracy...

ManCannon

Alienshogun said:

I'm far from PRO but it SEEMS that it's a combination of having a full auto fire mode if you want it, seemingly slightly less bloom to deal with (though I could be way off on that perception) and yes, the added bonus of the supercombine when you need it. It definitely was the defacto MLG instrument of destruction.

Edit: Tashi - yeah, just MLG players playing Slayer PRO variants. Nobody has spent any time customizing specifics yet, at least not that I've seen/heard. Just going by their personal preferences thus far.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ManCannon said:
I'm far from PRO but it SEEMS that it's a combination of having a full auto fire mode if you want it, seemingly slightly less bloom to deal with (though I could be way off on that perception) and yes, the added bonus of the supercombine when you need it. It definitely was the defacto MLG instrument of destruction.

Edit: Tashi - yeah, just MLG players playing Slayer PRO variants. Nobody has spent any time customizing specifics yet, at least not that I've seen/heard. Just going by their personal preferences thus far.

Yeah, makes sense and that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the swift reply.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ManCannon said:

Gotcha, thanks. You're right about the bloom too. There definitely seems to be less of it in the needle rifle. I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out now!! HYPE!

Lazslo

Don't know if this has been posted but it's a cool vidoc via Marty's twitter. It focuses on the Audio team and the Music/Audio that's in Reach.

zethren

Banned
Well in the beta I did prefer the Needle Rifle more just for the fact of the supercombine, which was a really cool feature when paired with a precision rifle. Always had fun with the DMR though; it's my single shot BR from the original Halo 2 gameplay demonstration from E3 2003 :)

Butane123

I like that the Nerfle is getting some love. I know I had way more kills with it than the DMR in the beta.

Still had like double the kills with the Plasma Launcher than whatever was my #2 weapon, though. >_>

Full disclosure. I'm not really a huge Halo fan, though I've finished Halo 1-3 and dabbled awhile in Halo 3 mp. Can someone explain "load outs" to me? I know that's answered in the first page of the OT, but by load outs do they mean you can create your own custom classes ala CoD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom