• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBo42

Right on, congrats.

On another topic: God damn another gets a code. Who do I have to blow here to get a helmet? :lol

Monocle

wwm0nkey said:
Holy shit! Guys watch the first few seconds of this race video, every race game should start off like that!

Video
You know, weirdly enough, it didn't quite hit me until now how completely awesome the space provided by Forge World combined with the tools of Forge 2.0 is going to be. That small glimpse of Reach's endless possibilities almost made me shudder.

Bungie couldn't have chosen a better setting for Forge World, really. The scenery I remember so well from Halo CE gave me enough warm fuzzies to last this past decade. Reach will easily sustain me for another.

I wonder what they'll do about all the obscene sculptures people are going to build. I know that on the 14th I'm going to go right to work on my Dong Palace of Mammary Island.
Maybe not.

darthbob said:
The weapon is known internally as the 'Flak Cannon', just as the Spiker, the 'Spike Rifle'.

Same goes for why the map names would have 'off' names in code. Like in Halo 3's The Pit, being referred to as 'cyberdyne' in game code.

So, they keep those names, so that when a new name arises, they don't have to and find every instance of 'cyberdyne' just to replace it with 'the_pit'. Same goes for 'Flak Cannon', as they used Halo 3's engine to create Reach.

Don't forget "brute bolter" :lol

Cynar

DrBo42 said:
Right on, congrats.

On another topic: God damn another gets a code. Who do I have to blow here to get a helmet? :lol

man, I've been trying to find out for weeks. I tried ManCannon when he was taking pm's but no luck. :( Since then it's just praying for 343's twitter codes at 3:43 am/pm and missing the timing here since people seem to give them out during the day. Even some juniors are getting them before others. :p

We'll get the option to at least buy them somewhat soonish but it's a little disappointing to say the least.

big ander

Alright, I'll say it, I D'AAWWWWWWed.
She's really cute, Stunner. :D
and good at you for not getting pissed about the baby gender mix up, I accidentally called Max Dyckhoff's girl a boy over twitter and he seemed...very displeased
<-not a spoiler

Cynar

zethren said:
Congrats, and that truly is an awesome outfit :)

I've sent you a pm with my gamertag and days I should be able to help out since you mentioned you're having trouble with some achievements in the gamescom thread. Psychoraven was up for it as well I believe.

Cynar

Looks like waypoint is getting updated, apologies if old news this is from their facebook posted 12 mins ago:

Halo Waypoint said:
NOTICE: Halo Waypoint on Xbox LIVE will be unavailable from 12:00AM-5:00AM (Pacific) on Wednesday, September 8th (tonight). If the downtime extends beyond 5AM we will let you know. Thank you for your patience.

Magni

Nice girl you've got there Stunner =)

Kinda on-topic..

Razer said:
10 Reasons why the Razer Onza pwns the new MS Xbox 360 controller

1. The Razer Onza is $49.99. The MS Xbox controller is $65. ‘Nuff said.

2. The Razer Onza’s analog control sticks are resistance adjustable (and extra concave!) while the MS is only…concave..ish.

3. The Razer Onza has 2 Extra Multi-function buttons to pwn with and fully programmable too. Now all you need are more fingahs!

4. The Razer Onza’s buttons are uber clicky. (harder, better, faster, stronger – sorry Daft Punk). Clicking the MS controller is still like clicking mashed potatoes.

5. The Razer Onza’s uber-ergonomic (can you say ubernomic?) trigger design – now with new improved wider, more concave curves! Gets rid of all stains too (actually, no it doesn’t).

6. The smell of smokin’ rubber - the surface of the Razer Onza is rubberized. None of that plasticky shitty feeling.

7. The Razer Onza D-Pad is already optimized. None of that schizo shifting crap like the MS controller.

8. It gets you laid. Not really. It just looks awesome like any Razer design. So awesome it’s almost illegal. No wait, it is according to the MLG – see #8.5.

8.5. It’s so good it’s been banned by the MLG even before it’s released. Go figure. If you’re one of the 12045032 gamers that aren’t in the MLG, time for you to get one.

9. It’s not a Microsoft.

10. It’s a Razer.

:lol :lol I'll still be getting mine but their communication always makes me :lol

feel

Congratulation Stunner! Your kid looks beyond badass in the UNSC clothes. The pics look like part of the fiction. :lol

DrBo42

Question about Forge. Is it possible to map different gravity traits to certain sections? For example you're fighting in the gulch then you take a teleporter to a floating base above and now gravity is reversed making the sky your new "ground"?

Edit: I ask because I'd love to make some Inception style maps.

equil

MagniHarvald said:

Kinda on-topic..

:lol :lol I'll still be getting mine but their communication always makes me :lol

Do you know when the onza is getting released?

DrBo42 said:
Question about Forge. Is it possible to map different gravity traits to certain sections? For example you're fighting in the gulch then you take a teleporter to a floating base above and now gravity is reversed making the sky your new "ground"?

During the Forge World unveiling vidoc, it looked like that was happening, but I believe one of the Bungie guys(I think ferrex..) said that was just an illusion. :\

Smokey

I think I've had my final fill of Halo 3 and am ready for Reach (played H3 since 3pm central:lol ). I end my career at 3200ish exp and some 4400ish games.

Pales in comparison to you pros though!

EDIT: The banning of that Razer controller was just free marketing for them and they are running with it.

Magni

Eric WK said:
So when is it coming out?

Replies to the article on facebook:

i have to make this list then...

why the new ms controller is better than the razer onza -
1) the ms controller has a damn release date.
GIVE US THE RELEASE DATE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and how 'bout a release date? It's not even up for pre-orders on your site guys, heck, "The Next Chapter" hasn't been updated since the initial press release in early January!

Cynar

Much love to the kind soul who helped me out with a code. Bought the armour to go with it and my avatar is all geared up. <3 :D

raspyberry.png

ezekial45

Banned
I recall reading that Bungie wanted to have something that have you replay the campaign. They didn't say what at the time though.

Did they ever elaborate on that?

Cynar

Ajemsuhgao said:
Ajemsuhga0.png

:D

I refuse to replace my steampunk clothes :lol

Those are pretty classy. :D

Sorta off topic, does anyone know when the Square Enix Play-Arts action figures for Reach go on sale? I'm seeing January listed from some websites.

watership

big ander said:
I know it's been complained about, but did ANYONE test that Reach theme before they released it? The art is awesome, but the logo overlaps the GT and gamerscore and looks awful. How did that get past anyone?

It does? Are you 4x3? It's not overlapping anything here.

watership

Ajemsuhgao said:
Ajemsuhga0.png

:D

I refuse to replace my steampunk clothes :lol

Shit, that looks awesome.

Okay, I officially abandon my previous stance on non-begging for a Nobel 6 helmet code. Anyone got a spare code for a Canadian?

ElRenoRaven

Cynar said:
I've sent you a pm with my gamertag and days I should be able to help out since you mentioned you're having trouble with some achievements in the gamescom thread. Psychoraven was up for it as well I believe.

Yup. Any time between 11am and 3AM CST I'm up for it. lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MagniHarvald said:

Kinda on-topic..

Reason 8.5 is so awesome.

feel

DrBo42 said:

svriag.jpg

No_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom