• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDJustin said:
Things you (might) not know about Bungie.net:

1) You can compare your rank (credits earned) with anyone else on your friends list. Just click on leaderboards on the left, and then the overview tab. 53 of my 99 friends have earned at least 1 cR in reach. I'm fourth on my friends list:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/leaderboards.aspx

2) You can use this same leaderboards link to compare Score Attack scores, so you can see EVERYONE'S scores, not just the next one above you, like when you're in a Score Attack game:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/leaderboards.aspx?lbid=27

3) You can see your performance broke out by map, by clicking on the "by map" link under career stats. My Sword base K/D ratio is 1.45. Spire ratio is .8:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/maps.aspx?player=ErrorJustin&vc=3

Edit: One neat thing you can do with the leaderboards is look at the history of whoever on your friends list has played the LEAST Halo reach. I have a friend that played ONE game last week. Slayer. Won the match and went K/D positive. Hasn't been seen since :lol

Awesome! Anyone know how to see time played in the game like in Modern Warfare 2?

Safe Bet

Banned
cuevas said:
You missed a third of your shots, your fault you died. He shot then meleed and took your shields down while you just went for the melee when he still had his shields and you only managed to take down the remainder of his shields. Yes there was lag but its obvious what happened.
The guy is lagging so bad he "teleports" and it's my fault?

WOW

I hope you do realize it's harder to hit someone who is skipping frames.

PS

Thanks for rendering. I do appreciate it despite my confrontational response.

Bungieware said:
Arena is destroying me. I'm sticking to TS for now on.
It's amazingly hard to kill people in Arena atm.

Ballistik

Genesis Knight said:
Awesome! Anyone know how to see time played in the game like in Modern Warfare 2?
yeeah, on bungie.net, career stats summary. or well here. It's not a complete summary of everything though. Pick in what section. (competitive being matchmaking) and Arena not included in that.

Deputy Moonman said:
This is my view on people with the sniper rifle on any map, especially if they are good with it. The sniper rifle ruins the game imo. It's just too easy to use nowadays, compared to any other precision weapon in the game. Then you have bloom making any of the normal counter-weapons even worse, combined with the needed 5-6 shots to even kill someone with them. Because of this, people with the sniper rifle can literally whack off while they snipe.

Too many people are pros with the sniper rifle, and too many people can just sit off in some obscure corner and pick people off with it. How is sitting on top of pinnacle any different than any of the other maps? I hate the sniper rifle and what it has become in Halo (just like I hate the assault rifle) and this is all a result of crappier weapons and bloom in Reach. We're super soldiers for crying out loud. I don't think we should be suffering from accuracy problems :lol

My favorite game-types are still elite slayer games. You move quicker, and jump higher. No sniper rifle. You get Evade, which is the best armor ability in the game (it's not cheap nor does it disrupt game-flow like armor-lock), and you start out with a decent weapon, the needle rifle, not some hunk of junk pistol that doesn't have a large enough clip to take out a squirrel. And don't even get me started on Sprint. With slower, weaker weapons, sprint + any of the power weapons (ie sword, shotgun, hammer) = domination. That's just great.

Honestly, I don't think you have a very accurate grasp on this game. I won't go into specifics picking apart what you said but you're wrong.

Ballistik

Safe Bet said:

WOW
Hmm ok, I wasn't going to reply but I will, because you don't understand. Yes, there's lag, but it could of still been your victory. It's your fault because you chose to melee him when you had already placed 4 shots in him. If you had ignored his melee and placed two more shots in his head, he would of died. He was one from losing his shield.

Edit: I don't know if you had a chance to get two more shots into him actually, because you died with that melee when it still showed your shield was up. So blame lag.

Safe Bet

Banned
Ballistik said:
Hmm ok, I wasn't going to reply but I will, because you don't understand..
Dude...

STOP BLAMING THE FUCKING VICTIM!

I don't give a fuck about losing the fight.

I lose them all the time...

I care about lame asses who cheat.

You can tell he's a cheater by his playstyle.

Nobody runs straight at a DMR like that.

JetBlackPanda said:
I just want to pop in and say I love the daily challenges, something fun me and my buddies can log on and do besides just team slayer.
Yeah it was brilliant even if they 'borrowed' it from Rock Band. Just the nature of the game makes it about 1000x cooler in Reach than it was in RB.

Safe Bet said:
Dude...

I agree with Junior, if you were awesomer, you would have won that encounter. Just try to be a little more awesome next time.

probune

The Lamonster said:
:p

This game has built-in Race and Rally variants. Try that!

Yes, but there was no way to do it in the same way as Rocket Race from 3 where there are two people teams and one person has to drive the other to the points. I don't recall even being able to turn on teams in race modes.

Safe Bet

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
The distance you're at there is just right for the magnum languishing in your back pocket.

But you'd have to shoot a lot better for that to work.
Once again..

Stop shifting focus from him to me please.

It's not about me.

Neuromancer said:
Yeah it was brilliant even if they 'borrowed' it from Rock Band. Just the nature of the game makes it about 1000x cooler in Reach than it was in RB.

If companies didn't "borrow" from other companies we would be playing some pretty crappy games. Never understood the issue people had with that. It's a good thing. Besides, I think rock band borrowed it from someone else.

Safe Bet said:
Once again..

It's not about me.
It is. Sure, he lags on the melee, but you are shooting badly in a bad spot with the wrong weapon. We all do it, but I'd be annoyed at myself, personally.

Invasion slayer on Hemoridge needs way more default gear on the stage, even the capture points don't do the job enough due to all the open space and people whoring the only two sniper rifles, plus the real limited spawn locations, it's rather bad.

I question how these were all play tested before release, were they? :p

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm loving this Halo more than any other Halo except when... I can't play Halo because I'm playing variants of Halo that look like Halo but aren't anywhere near as fun.

Look at all these weapons, armor abilities, health system, vehicles, etc. Aren't they cool? Yeah, they are! THEN DON'T TAKE THEM AWAY. If I want to go play Rainbow Six I'll take my Reach disc out of my drive and load my Rainbow Six game. If I want to snipe all day long then I'll play some good old Ghost Recon. If I want to run around and die after getting shot twice then I'll go play some Modern Warfare 2. All these games do SWAT, Snipers, and more realistic warfare (for lack of a better term) better than Reach.

When Halo 3 came out it was Shotty Snipers that killed it for me. I remember tons of people complaining so they changed it. Why are they making the same mistake again?

Shake Appeal said:
Don't forget the Focus Rifle.

Everyone forgets the Focus Rifle.

Because it sucks.
RIP Face Melter. :'-(

Finally finished my Legendary Run solo, and got the ITCTHMB achievement. Found out something interesting after trying to film my spectaularness (ooh boy, did I miss a LOT): Campaign films you in first person ONLY, regardless of where you place the camera. What a bummer.

Chorazin

Safe Bet said:
Once again..

It's not about me.

He ran right at you hoping you were a shitty shot, and his gambit paid off. A smarter player would know that a DMR is at a disadvantage in CQB.

I doubt he was cheating, maybe you or he had a lagspike, but you can work around lagspikes and get those kills.

ShinAmano

squidhands said:

Finally finished my Legendary Run solo, and got the ITCTHMB achievement. Found out something interesting after trying to film my spectaularness (ooh boy, did I miss a LOT): Campaign films you in first person ONLY, regardless of where you place the camera. What a bummer.
That blows.

MechDX

RSTEIN said:
I'm loving this Halo more than any other Halo except when... I can't play Halo because I'm playing variants of Halo that look like Halo but aren't anywhere near as fun.

Look at all these weapons, armor abilities, health system, vehicles, etc. Aren't they cool? Yeah, they are! THEN DON'T TAKE THEM AWAY. If I want to go play Rainbow Six I'll take my Reach disc out of my drive and load my Rainbow Six game. If I want to snipe all day long then I'll play some good old Ghost Recon. If I want to run around and die after getting shot twice then I'll go play some Modern Warfare 2. All these games do SWAT, Snipers, and more realistic warfare (for lack of a better term) better than Reach.

When Halo 3 came out it was Shotty Snipers that killed it for me. I remember tons of people complaining so they changed it. Why are they making the same mistake again?

Yes, Yes, YES!

I agree totally!

Chinner

Banned
RSTEIN said:

bungle doesnt care about gamers

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Sweet last page. New thread incoming soon im sure!!

RSTEIN said:

They are moving SWAT to it's own playlist, thank god, but I have a feeling team snipers will remain in the Team Slayer playlist.

The playlist update can't come soon enough. In my experience things have become much worse since release. At first, people would vote up snipers or SWAT whenever it showed up in the first list but, if it didn't, most people would just deal with it and play whatever. Now, if SWAT doesn't show up in the first list, players will vote up none of the above and, if SWAT doesn't show up in the second list, half the people just quit. Getting to actually play a full game of Slayer, Slayer Pro, Classic Slayer or Slayer DMR without quitters is awesome but far too rare.

feel

RSTEIN said:

They're fixing it in the first days of October. The new playlists management guys are still testing everything. The launch playlists were put together by someone on the way out, and so he probably didn't care too much about them being good.

Ramirez

Letters said:
They're fixing it in the first days of October. The new playlists management guys are still testing everything. The launch playlists were put together by someone on the way out, and so he probably didn't care too much about it being good.

:lol :lol :lol

IronRinn

squidhands said:
Finally finished my Legendary Run solo, and got the ITCTHMB achievement.

I think my favorite thing about that achievement is that it works out as the best way to take on that first encounter. I replayed that section without going for that assassination and for the life of me I couldn't get through it.

Safe Bet said:

WOW

I hope you do realize it's harder to hit someone who is skipping frames.

PS

Thanks for rendering. I do appreciate it despite my confrontational response.

It's amazingly hard to kill people in Arena atm.

Your welcome for the render.

Sorry, sometimes we all get some bullshit lag kills like that :(

Louis Wu

Hrm... I thought a new thread was starting? But here I am, posting on page 200, and there's no OT 2 on the first page of GAF. :(

I know I've been away from here for a while (too much to do, and the thread's moving too fast for me right now)... but I'm afraid, when I DO have time to come back, that I won't know where 'back' is. :(

The Lamonster said:
What? I've flown outside of first person view while watching a Campaign film.
I mean recording. I tried to record my film with a more dramatic angle (i.e. NOT 1st person), and every time (all 5 times I attempted it) it would replay in the normal 1st person view. Maybe/hopefully it was just a glitch on my end, but it's still disappointing.

Hugbot

squidhands said:

I have saved film clips from other angles, unless you mean you can't have a 3rd person "follow cam", which would suck. You can have a free-floating one though.

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:
Hrm... I thought a new thread was starting? But here I am, posting on page 200, and there's no OT 2 on the first page of GAF. :(

I know I've been away from here for a while (too much to do, and the thread's moving too fast for me right now)... but I'm afraid, when I DO have time to come back, that I won't know where 'back' is. :(

Nice to see you back around this way. Don't worry we'll make sure you find us.

cwmartin said:
Is there anywhere I can get on some sort of GAF List to play with some Gaffers, competetive or custom or otherwise? I posted in the online forum in the reach thread, added to the spreadsheet, and friended the GAF account but still havent played with a gaffer or anything.

GamerTag: cwmartin

yeah i'd like to be added too

my gamertag: Mardini99

zero margin said:
If companies didn't "borrow" from other companies we would be playing some pretty crappy games. Never understood the issue people had with that. It's a good thing. Besides, I think rock band borrowed it from someone else.
Oh you misunderstand me sir. I have no issue with it.

Chinner said:
i want to become a captain so i can become a proper odst > : @
Me too, I need those shoulder pads but the wrist tacpad would be cool too.

Louis Wu said:

Nice avatar. :lol

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Safe Bet said:
Dude...

I don't give a fuck about losing the fight.

I lose them all the time...

I care about lame asses who cheat.

You can tell he's a cheater by his playstyle.

Nobody runs straight at a DMR like that.

Wait... what? I was (sort of) with you until this post. You think the guy is a... hacker/cheater? I thought you were just complaining about lag.

You're sounding paranoid now.

feel

Shake Appeal said:
Nice avatar. :lol
"I kind of know the owner of this place.." will be said plenty of times by me in the future as I play through that section in coop. So beyond awesome that Bungie did that.

Epyon MX said:
I've been able to make it film in 3rd person.
Huh. Well, maybe it was just a glitchy part. I may try taking a different film of something else later. Crisis (potentially) averted!

m0ngo said:
Same here. I filmed myself getting the ITCTHMB achievements in 3rd person...
I was trying to get a low shot from the Elite's pov, but it every time I would review it, I would always be back in 1st person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom