• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Trasher

Just picked up CEA. The first thing I notice during the very first intro piece is the stuttering lololol.

Hey Ghaleon, want me to mail this cardboard case cover to you for the kids? Send me a PM, bro.

Hey You

Ramirez said:
Buy the maps or the game, both are worth it more than the other 2 DLCs combined.
I would have gone to the midnight launch and bought the game, but sadly being unemployed doesn't allow much for your gaming budget.

I'm just going to hang out in here for a while and live vicariously through people playing while I do design work instead of being on OT side right now. Can you guys still properly nade stuff on the remakes?

So "we" and by that i mean HiredN00bs found a legit way to get the GRD doll on damnation without using forge, which makes me think prisoner also has a legit way of getting the doll, so far i havnt found anything. :(
sent franklez a xbl message but i dont think he will reply, lybertyboy any hints?

Hey You said:
I would have gone to the midnight launch and bought the game, but sadly being unemployed doesn't allow much for your gaming budget.
My collection respectfully disagrees

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Trasher said:
Just picked up CEA. The first thing I notice during the very first intro piece is the stuttering lololol.

Hey Ghaleon, want me to mail this cardboard case cover to you for the kids? Send me a PM, bro.
Yep, I noticed the Pillar of Autumn's cutscene was pretty bad. It may be my concussion, but I haven't noticed many slowdowns after that. The achievement lag is scary at 3+ seconds of freezing. I thought my game had froze when I got Grenadier the first time.

Trasher

Lyphen said:
Yep, I noticed the Pillar of Autumn's cutscene was pretty bad. It may be my concussion, but I haven't noticed many slowdowns after that. The achievement lag is scary at 3+ seconds of freezing. I thought my game had froze when I got Grenadier the first time.
I noticed it in the intro when it's showing Silent Cartographer right at the very start. Chuckled a little bit, not gonna lie.

Hey You

Didn't know Premuim Battle now requires ALL DLC instead of just Noble and Defiant. In game it says only Noble and Defiant, but the playlists page on Waypoint says the Anniversary maps are in the playlist.

Oh well, I guess it makes sense to make PB all DLC, but alteast update the in game description.

But I am glad they removed all non DLC maps from the playlist, in the future I will be spending alot more time in that playlist.

Nutter

Trasher said:

COOP? Legendary with Bandanna skull? :)

Nutter

Trasher said:
I have no idea what a banana skull is, but yes. I would very much enjoy running through it with you.
Infinite Ammo. :p

And yes I will help you get all Terminals/ Skulls too haha. Ill get in a few minutes.

Tashi0106 said:
There are people who play the old CoD (4 and MW2) games and now say that the game has gone mainstream and it's not like it used to be. That's how popular that franchise is.
:lol

MW2 is the most bullshit game of all the CoDs. That's where it all started to go wrong.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Barrow Roll said:
:lol

MW2 is the most bullshit game of all the CoDs. That's where it all started to go wrong.

Regardless of what we think of the quality of the franchise and that game, there are jaded CoD fans from 4 years ago. They're like hipsters.

Tashi0106 said:
Regardless of what we think of the quality of the franchise and that game, there are jaded CoD fans from 4 years ago. They're like hipsters.
I played the shit out of CoD4 so I can understand how fans could be jaded. I just don't know how those people could lump MW2 in with CoD4 since that's the game that started the downfall with all the bullshit perks (commando, wtf), killstreaks (nukes, what a joke), deathstreaks, akimbo shotguns and all other kinds of terribleness.

Probably just Infinity Ward dick ridin.

Tashi

Barrow Roll said:
I played the shit out of CoD4 so I can understand how fans could be jaded. I just don't know how those people could lump MW2 in with CoD4 since that's the game that started the downfall with all the bullshit perks (commando, wtf), killstreaks (nukes, what a joke), deathstreaks, akimbo shotguns and all other kinds of terribleness.

Probably just Infinity Ward dick ridin.

Don't under estimate little kids lol

FyreWulff

I don't get the weird Quick Play change (on beta dash), but "Halo: Reach Anniversary Multiplayer Demo" is selectable from your Games Library and it'll launch directly into the Anniversary multiplayer segment of the disc. For those that don't want to wait for the CE side to load up.

Tashi

That reminds me, I have those same 2 codes Ram just gave away. Whoever wants them can have them. Just pick 1 and I'll PM you the code

Trasher

wwm0nkey said:
On Pillar of Autumn, when you get back to the part where you are looking at your "hushed casket," there's a room behind the viewing area that has your diagnostics up on a screen. Linda's are on a screen as well saying "unavailable" or "undetectable" or something to that effect.

wwm0nkey

Trasher said:
On Pillar of Autumn, when you get back to the part where you are looking at your "hushed casket," there's a room behind the viewing area that has your diagnostics up on a screen. Linda's are on a screen as well saying "unavailable" or "undetectable" or something to that effect.
Oh awesome, really hope Halo 4 goes overboard with the Easter Eggs, Reach was a pretty big let down when it came to that.

wwm0nkey said:
Sorry I like to have a good mobile OS :)
Haha I personally love iOS. I don't mind WP7 but it doesn't feel as clean as iOS. Android is just a mess. Such a splintered piece of software. Google tries to do too many things at once.

But iPad + iPhone + iCloud is awesome.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Sorry I like to have a good mobile OS :)
gtfo

edit- had to turn rumble on to improve the pistol's feel on Classic playlist. Much better now, aural+visual feedback on that thing is so pathetic.

Awesome Barlow said:
Steve Jobs (crazy man that he is, RIP) echos my thoughts on Google right now:
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-steve-jobs-influenced-googles.html

Also, by fragmentation, I'm talking about this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2011/oct/28/android-fragmentation-not-really

Google needs tighten down on android, they are letting their platform get to big.
I can run any number of roms, and I can customize just about every appearance and function in the rom I'm running right now (CyanogenMod7). Fragmentation among devices means absolutely nothing to me and my device. I can get daily updates if I want.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Havok said:
Turns out beating up warrant officers and captains in a tank is like riding a bike.

Indeed, but I didn't have the tank the whole time. And my team was also trying to kill me, I did mention that!

I haven't REALLY played in over half a year.

Party pooper. :(

Tashi0106 said:
We really gonna get into a fuckin mobile operating system debate here? Come on now

I have a knack for derailing conversation in here.

Awesome Barlow
Can't Stay On Topic
(Today, 11:17 PM)

HiredN00bs said:
I can run any number of roms, and I can customize just about every appearance and function in the rom I'm running right now (CyanogenMod7). Fragmentation among devices means absolutely nothing to me and my device. I can get daily updates if I want.
Not knocking on the OS itself. Sounds like everything is great for you. I'm no Apple fan boy, I just enjoy their mobile experience more than others. I see the merit of Android, I'm just not sure about the execution.

Tashi0106 said:
Nah I derail conversations too but OS wars are no fun.
It's not a war when the winner is apparent. heh
Devolution said:
When the game is this good for everyone, we gotta argue about other stuff, revel in the awesomeness.
So how long until the HaloGAF hate cycle starts?

wwm0nkey said:
Oh awesome, really hope Halo 4 goes overboard with the Easter Eggs, Reach was a pretty big let down when it came to that.
I think you're going to have to clarify a bit, because Reach has the best Easter eggs out of all the Halos. Pelican on New Alexandria, Banshees on The Package, Tribute room, and I'm sure there's other stuff I'm forgetting.

Top Bottom