• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Ramirez

thezerofire said:
Do you UK guys not like pizza by the slice? I was in London a couple years ago and my mom and I couldn't find a single place.

Dude, I eat the whole pie, none of this slice non sense.

So, since Halo 4 is listed in that poll, that pretty much guarantees a trailer, right?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Dude, I eat the whole pie, none of this slice non sense.

True story: Up at RIT where I went to school for a while, I asked for a pie of pizza to order out. Kid looked at me like I had 285832 eyes.

"A what?" he says.
"A large pie" I said.
"Huh?"
"A pizza, a large pie of pizza"

Come on bro, you work at a fuckin pizzeria, what the fuck else could I be talking about?

daedalius

Well probably picking up BF3 for PC later, should be fun to play with the dad; I guess.

I can't get him to play console games to save my life. Will be a nice change of pace between games of CEA and other stuff.

Also voted for Halo 4!

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
True story: Up at RIT where I went to school for a while, I asked for a pie of pizza to order out. Kid looked at me like I had 285832 eyes.

"A what?" he says.
"A large pie" I said.
"Huh?"
"A pizza, a large pie of pizza"

Come on bro, you work at a fuckin pizzeria, what the fuck else could I be talking about?

lmao, I don't think I've ever referred to it as a pie in RL, but I know what it is at least. Kids these days...

If anyone is looking for a good frozen pizza (hold the laughter!), get a Palermo's if they're available in your area. They're super thin, and I hate thin pizzas, but man, SO GOOD.

feel

TheOddOne said:
TpPDG.jpg

Unbiased voter!
Halo 4 vga trailer confirmed? Or am I missing something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
lmao, I don't think I've ever referred to it as a pie in RL, but I know what it is at least. Kids these days...

If anyone is looking for a good frozen pizza (hold the laughter!), get a Palermo's if they're available in your area. They're super thin, and I hate thin pizzas, but man, SO GOOD.

for real? It's rare that I hear, "large pizza" over "large pie". Like, I couldn't tell you the last time I heard it.

Good frozen pizza
Jumbo Shrimp
Crash landing
Exact estimate

edit: I'll bet Sai Kun has something to say about pizza being from Chicago. He still can't touch NY pizza but I'll bet it's great in Chicago.

And I've had LA pizza, it's good but no NY pizza. DPC

Ramirez said:

Palermo's is pretty good for frozen pizza.

Whatever you do, don't get the DiGiorno's Garlic Bread Pepperoni Pizza and eat the entire thing yourself.

The pizza is delicious, but prepare for immediate lavatorial repercussions. Take a book with you. A Halo book, if you want to stay on topic.

Letters said:
Halo 4 vga trailer confirmed? Or am I missing something.
Nope.

Confirmed titles:
New bioware franchise
ALAN WAKE 2! GOD YES! FINALLY!
MGS: Raiden reveal.

Maybe at the end of their retrospective of Halo, they will announce the first glimpse of Halo 4 at the VGAs.

The Halo 4 VGA thing is a category for most anticipated game for 2012, so I don't think that directly confirms a Halo 4 trailer at the VGA's, but it seems likely either way to me.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Ghaleon, how's Cryptum going? Your last tweet about it peaked my interest.
Chapter 13, it got interesting. The writing style changed, actual dialog has appeared, and things are happening. It's better. But even though it sucked me in for a day, I haven't gotten back to it (I'm about 2/3 of the way in now). It's sort of my weekend book, I'll put a few hours into it over this weekend and see how it goes. It had a lead up to actual events that I found really grueling, but it's definately gotten better.

Work has been absurdly brutal latey and my evening free time has been cut down dramatically. I'm spending more and more time working the CEA OT when I'm not sucked into Bejeweled, so the weekend is my only real time to read.

How would HaloGAF feel about an extended arsenal for campaign. UNSC has a lot of weapons in current circulation and we get a relativly tiny sandbox of them to explore.

Id love to see different assualt rifles a DMR and a BR. Multiple pistols silenced and unsilenced variants ect.

feel

Steelyuhas said:
The Halo 4 VGA thing is a category for most anticipated game for 2012, so I don't think that directly confirms a Halo 4 trailer at the VGA's, but it seems likely either way to me.
Gotcha.

edit-

wuuuwhat? Alan Wake 2?? :O

GhaleonEB

StalkerUKCG said:
How would HaloGAF feel about an extended arsenal for campaign. UNSC has a lot of weapons in current circulation and we get a relativly tiny sandbox of them to explore.

Id love to see different assualt rifles a DMR and a BR. Multiple pistols silenced and unsilenced variants ect.
I think there's something to be said for making some weapons mode-specific, and we've seen a bit of that in the games. We never saw firebombs from Halo 3 on a MP map (though, for perf reasons), and the target locator from Reach isn't in MP (there for time reasons). But in general, I don't think there's anything wrong with providing some unique weapons for Campaign. It's probably more bang for the buck to have them overlap, but as a concept I think it's fine and might benefit Campaign play. Not everything needs to be balanced for MP.

StalkerUKCG said:
What were from?
The Halo: Anniversary Pizza™, available at UK Pizza Huts!

"Ten years of culinary evolution at the touch of a pizza cutter."

- Delivery only feeds 2 people, but now you can finally order online!
- Family Dine-in supports up to 16 people, as it uses the existing Pizza Hut engine restaurant.
- Available in 2-D thin crust, or 3-D thick crust.
- Nutritional Information is only available for customers using Pinect.
- Pre-order now and receive the exclusive anchovies topping for free!

Note: Sausage will not be included as a topping option. The population is already split up enough between Cheese and Pepperoni.

Children participating in the "Book It!" program will receive a free Personal Pan Pizza after writing a book report on Halo: Cryptum.

ncsuDuncan said:
The Halo: Anniversary Pizza™, available at UK Pizza Huts!

"Ten years of culinary evolution at the touch of a pizza cutter."

- Delivery only feeds 2 people, but now you can finally order online!
- Family Dine-in supports up to 16 people, as it uses the existing Pizza Hut engine restaurant.
- Available in 2-D thin crust, or 3-D thick crust.
- Nutritional Information is only available for customers using Pinect.
- Pre-order now and receive the exclusive anchovies topping for free!

Note: Sausage will not be included as a topping option. The population is already split up enough between Cheese and Pepperoni.

Children participating in the "Book It!" program will receive a free Personal Pan Pizza after writing a book report on Halo: Cryptum.
:lol :lol :lol

Shit. Now I want Pizza Hut. Damn you, delicious Meat Lover's!

daedalius

GhaleonEB said:
I think there's something to be said for making some weapons mode-specific, and we've seen a bit of that in the games. We never saw firebombs from Halo 3 on a MP map (though, for perf reasons), and the target locator from Reach isn't in MP (there for time reasons). But in general, I don't think there's anything wrong with providing some unique weapons for Campaign. It's probably more bang for the buck to have them overlap, but as a concept I think it's fine and might benefit Campaign play. Not everything needs to be balanced for MP.

With a conceivably good enough utility weapon, you could throw all kinds of weapons into the sandbox as long as they weren't too overpowered or useless. For campaign though, all bets are off for crazy.

thezerofire said:
if you're ever in Orange County look up Mob Town Pizza. Best Pizza outside of Chicago or New York

I'll keep it in mind, going to Cali in December, but unfortunately not going all the way down to the LA area.

Dax01 said:

You Elites are blind, but I will make you see.

daedalius said:
With a conceivably good enough utility weapon, you could throw all kinds of weapons into the sandbox as long as they weren't too overpowered or useless. For campaign though, all bets are off for crazy.
Thats what i want, but it seems they try to keep the weapons the same. I wonder if its some engine resriction i doubt it but it could be a hard coded limit.

In StalkerWorld id like

Halo 1 Magnum
Halo 2 Magnum
Halo ODST silenced Magnum
Battle Rifle
Designated Marksman Rifle
Assault Rifle
Silenced BR with single shot scoped fire
Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
Flamethrower
Rockets with lock on
Spartan Laser
Frag Nades
Stanchion Gauss Rifle
SMG
Silenced SMG
Target Locator
Grenade Launcher
M247H Heavy Machine Gun (jorge's gun)

Ramirez

Would anyone like if you just showed up on radar when firing? I really like this aspect of games like CoD/BF. To me, it's a perfect medium between radar/no radar.

Ramirez said:
Would anyone like if you just showed up on radar when firing? I really like this aspect of games like CoD/BF. To me, it's a perfect medium between radar/no radar.
Its a motion sensor. Dosnt really make sense and from a canon perspective to suddenly switch to a less effective model of radar would be rather odd.

Im happy with halo's motion sensor as it is.

Ramirez said:

Yeah I think that would be better than the full radar we have.

Also, I might get some backlash for this, but Halo could really learn a thing or two from player investment systems from COD and BF (not talking about unlocking weapons and such, but how in-game points are awarded to the player for their actions).

StalkerUKCG said:
Its a motion sensor. Dosnt really make sense and from a canon perspective to suddenly switch to a less effective model of radar would be rather odd.

Gameplay is king!

stephen08

StalkerUKCG said:

I agree with you. I definitely think that due to the mixed reception of bloom a ROF capped BR and a DMR with bloom should both be in the sandbox in some capacity. They might not even have to coexist in the game at the same time but having the option between the two would be great. I'd also like to see more branching of SP and MP weapon sets. The ODST pistol in particular wouldn't work that well for MP but it's a blast to use in Campaign and Firefight. Likewise if the Chopper doesn't fit in to the campaign well then put in for use in MP.

What would be ideal is a full on weapon editor. Call it Blacksmith or something. Let us adjust different properties of a weapon like clip size, damage, ROF, Scope zoom, headshot capability etc. An ancillary benefit to this is like Forge it could be used to push updates remotely without the need for a patch.

Ramirez

StalkerUKCG said:

Who cares about canon? I want retarded free gameplay, thank you.

Havok

Ramirez said:
I get where you're coming from (and I think there's a place for it), but a huge part of what made objective stuff fun for me was the idea of sneaking into the enemy base, and that kind of goes out the window when you can go full sprint without any repercussions as long as you don't fire your weapon. Gametype-restricted settings would help.

Ramirez

Havok said:
I get where you're coming from (and I think there's a place for it), but a huge part of what made objective stuff fun for me was the idea of sneaking into the enemy base, and that kind of goes out the window when you can go full sprint without any repercussions as long as you don't fire your weapon.

See, I'm on the opposite side, I hate crouch walking, slows the game down so much.

Retro

Ramirez said:

Pretty sure that's how Perfect Dark handled it back in the day, though I think that was a custom setting you had to activate.

Yes, I would be on board with this, if only because it would be a step closer to adding in the ODST Silenced SMG I keep raving about every couple of pages.
2qir78h.jpg
Doesn't need to replace the Motion Tracker, but it could be a nice option between "No Radar" and "Full Radar".

To get around the undetected Full Sprint, you could also allow being fired upon to activate the radar as well, so if a team-mate takes a pot shot at a running enemy, that enemy flickers into view on your radar (from the sound of the impact). That'd at least help a little.

Karl2177

Tashi0106 said:
I'll bet Sai Kun has something to say about pizza being from Chicago. He still can't touch NY pizza but I'll bet it's great in Chicago.
From my Chicago trips, the deep dishes haven't been superb.

Ramirez said:
Who cares about canon? I want retarded free gameplay, thank you.
Alot of the halo population, I prefer the current motion sensor to something liek what COD use. That system works fine for cod but halo isnt cod and alot of the stuff wont transfer between the too well.

Stalker V Ramirez round 4 (noticed we disagree on pretty much everything?)

Ramirez

StalkerUKCG said:
Alot of the halo population, I prefer the current motion sensor to something liek what COD use. That system works fine for cod but halo isnt cod and alot of the stuff wont transfer between the too well.

Stalker V Ramirez round 4 (noticed we disagree on pretty much everything?)

If your only reason to be against it is because of canon, then that's not a very good reason. Allowing people to some what freely move around maps makes the game flow so much better. It's so hard to flank in Halo with radar, and flanking is one of the biggest aspects of a shooter to me.

GhaleonEB

StalkerUKCG said:

Reach already tossed that out by providing vertical depth perception to the radar. We had four games where radar told you proximity, but not vertical location (is he above me or below me?). I still don't know why it was changed, but I don't think radar should be immune from updates.

FWIW, I though the Halo 1-3 style was fine. Can't be seen crouch walking, didn't let players know vertical location. And for some game types, remove it.
Domino Theory said:
Until you've eaten an entire 18'' Costco Combo pizza in one sitting like me, you have no right to talk about pizza, ever.
This is a really weird standard, since you have really weird eating habits. :p

I used to be able to eat well over one large pizza on my lonesome, but my metabolism hit the brakes around age 22.

Ramirez said:
If your only reason to be against it is because of canon, then that's not a very good reason. Allowing people to some what freely move around maps makes the game flow so much better. It's so hard to flank in Halo with radar, and flanking is one of the biggest aspects of a shooter to me.
Canon isnt my only reason. Halo plays fine the way it is, Having everyone run around the map with no fear of being detected on halos open maps is a reciep for disaster. Its going to promote "rambo" gameplay even more.

COD and BF3 suffer from this shoot and run away gameplay too much.

Ramirez

StalkerUKCG said:
Canon isnt my only reason. Halo plays fine the way it is, Having everyone run around the map with no fear of being detected on halos open maps is a reciep for disaster. Its going to promote "rambo" gameplay even more.

COD and BF3 suffer from this shoot and run away gameplay too much.

Because that's how it is in MLG?

Let me guess, you like the elevation radar too?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
This is a really weird standard, since you have really weird eating habits. :p

I used to be able to eat well over one large pizza on my lonesome, but my metabolism hit the brakes around age 22.

Shadow of my former self creeping up from time to time. :p

Its not like that in MLG because the teams are well orginized, not everyone plays with randoms

Truthfull i dont mind reachs radar, i think it works fine. For me the motion sensor is core to how i play, i can play without it but i prefer to play with it.

Top Bottom