• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

FyreWulff said:
Team Objective has gasped for population since the Halo 2 days.

Coincidentally, it's also been complete shit since the H2 days of old.

Okay okay, it was eventually changed to something approaching mediocre in H3 eventually, but bad gametypes turned a lot of people off it.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
Stop posting please. I don't like staring into a giant man's crotch. I hope someone bans you. That's totally inappropriate.

Did you use MS Paint to put that Decepticon symbol on him?

Trasher

Ramirez said:
And yeah, I think I need to enlist Devo's assistance in order to get it to look a bit more like this.

Hey, are you getting CEA btw? I'm sorta on the fence of whether I should get it right away or just wait. So many games are about to come out... Not to mention I just got Dark Souls and Arkham City already as well. Ugh.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
And yeah, I think I need to enlist Devo's assistance in order to get it to look a bit more like this.

Hey, are you getting CEA btw? I'm sorta on the fence of whether I should get it right away or just wait. So many games are about to come out... Not to mention I just got Dark Souls and Arkham City already as well. Ugh.

Yea, I am. It's my favorite campaign by a country mile, and I'm willing to give the Anniversary gametypes a chance to rope me back in as my main MP game.

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:
Anniversary gametypes a chance to rope me back in

If it's fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you, what point are we at now with playlist management? I think we're just fools.

Havok

Photolysis said:
Okay okay, it was eventually changed to something approaching mediocre in H3 eventually
Was that before or after it was completely removed because nobody wanted to play it since it was so bad?

I could only handle so much Neutral Bomb on Ghost Town and AR start CTF on Valhalla.

Trasher

kylej said:
If it's fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you, what point are we at now with playlist management? I think we're just fools.
Fool us three times, shame on Frankie?

Ramirez

kylej said:

My expectations aren't high, that's for sure. I'm ready for Halo 4 beta, plz.

daedalius

That video was pretty fun, good stuff, looking forward to part 3.

DMR and pistol in CEA BTB? Hmm, why have a 3sk and 5sk precision weapon spawn with you at the beginning? Keeping the DMR just to be able to cross-map with that 3x zoom? Seems like a strange decision... hopefully DMR will be 85% bloom at least; whereas I know the Anniversary pistol has some sort of bloom already. Does it have an ROF cap at all?

Need to listen to the podcast.

Zoolader

Oh wow some people on ebay are so stupid! I recently sold my Hauppauge pvr on ebay, here's what was on my auction page...

"Unfortunately when moving I had mistaken it's small power cord for an old cell phone charger and it was tossed in the garbage. Everything else but the power adapter is included. You can buy a replacement power adapter from their official webpage for $10, and the shipping is another $6. So you will end up paying $16 for the power cord, which is why I'm selling this for such a low price. Here is the link to buy the power adapter

http://store.hauppauge.com/accessories2.asp?product=power_supply_hdpvr"

And here is a message I got today from the buyer!

"Hey I bought your HD PVR but it has no power supply and i was so mad i literraly wanted to kill my self if you can get or give me the Power supply please just message me thanks "

feel

Domino Theory said:
Same.

All these bandaid efforts are depressing, we need a fresh start, a game 343 can call their own and tune at will without being scared of stepping on toes.

I don't remember the reticule ever awkwardly changing size in Halo CE throwing off your aim and control. The reticule was a nice circle and the bullets always hit inside with varying levels of spread depending on if you were holding the trigger or feathering it. The CEA pistol may be working similarly but the visual feedback is worlds appart. Plus 3sk was nice on friendly LANs but will translate into swat in matchmaking with all the teamshooting.. yuck

I weep for the death of the previous Classic offering on Reach, it had so much potential now with the zero bloom and other changes being introduced in the TU, plus the arrival of actual good maps.

vv sorry to hear that

ElRenoRaven

Zoolader said:
Oh wow some people on ebay are so supid! I recently sold my Hauppauge pvr on ebay, here's what was on my auction page...

"Unfortunately when moving I had mistaken it's small power cord for an old cell phone charger and it was tossed in the garbage. Everything else but the power adapter is included. You can buy a replacement power adapter from their official webpage for $10, and the shipping is another $6. So you will end up paying $16 for the power cord, which is why I'm selling this for such a low price. Here is the link to buy the power adapter

http://store.hauppauge.com/accessories2.asp?product=power_supply_hdpvr"

And here is a message I got today from the buyer!

"Hey I bought your HD PVR but it has no power supply and i was so mad i literraly wanted to kill my self if you can get or give me the Power supply please just message me thanks "

Not shocking. I sell things on Amazon every so often and have dealt with many a dumbass. Also dealt with some good people too though.

Ken said:
McFarlane again? Ew.
Nothing really wrong with McFarlane stuff, The scale issue annoyed me but beyond that im happy. No reason for the unhelmeted noble team to not have helmets with them either not i think about it.

Ken

StalkerUKCG said:
Nothing really wrong with McFarlane stuff

They look pretty bad up close. The paint looks lazily applied and some parts of figures just look poorly made. In promotional images they look great though.

daedalius

I thought you died really fast in ZBslayer.

Then I played BF3PC.

I really liked BFBC2, but this game is just rubbing me the wrong way.

wwm0nkey

daedalius said:
I thought you died really fast in ZBslayer.

Then I played BF3PC.

I really liked BFBC2, but this game is just rubbing me the wrong way.
Honestly I think there are too many people on the PC version, 24/32 is a really nice spot for Battlefield. 64 players and you are going to get shot from every single place imaginable.

daedalius said:
That video was pretty fun, good stuff, looking forward to part 3.

DMR and pistol in CEA BTB? Hmm, why have a 3sk and 5sk precision weapon spawn with you at the beginning? Keeping the DMR just to be able to cross-map with that 3x zoom? Seems like a strange decision... hopefully DMR will be 85% bloom at least; whereas I know the Anniversary pistol has some sort of bloom already. Does it have an ROF cap at all?

Need to listen to the podcast.

Yes, there is a ROF cap.

GhaleonEB

Ironic that I finally get unbanned and work has kept me almost entirely away from GAF since. Lots of pages to catch up on.

Tonight I knuckled down and made more progress on the CEA OT than any single day so far. Lots of touch up on the evening's endeavors to do, but it's coming together. Which is a good thing since it gets posted on Tuesday and all.

Good grief this snuck up on me.

FyreWulff

It'd be so much easier if you could just password a Halo 2 Vista server instead of invite only -> sending out invites.

there's a "VIP" setting where you can throw tags onto a list, but that's only available to dedis

HiredN00bs said:
For CTF, distance to cap point should be the deciding factor in a stalement. No more ties.

Halo 2 has a "Resolve Ties" option for CTF, but they never said what it looks for when resolving, so nobody turned it on.

XFkjp.jpg

Also pondering if we should roll with Force Even Teams on.

Booshka

I'm thinking of going to the Century City Launch for CEA, gonna bring a Duke controller, copy of Halo CE, Shadowrun, and then not buy CEA.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
wwm0nkey said:
Cryotubes used as upgrading chambers for abilities confirmed!

Actually that would kind of be cool since we now know the armor can change in cryo.
Holy shit. If they implement an upgrade system in a Metroid-like fashion... Holy shit. It would be amazing. Ever since I first saw the idea of a Metroid-inspired Halo here on GAF, I knew it would be amazing. God, I hope it comes true.

omg.kittens said:
Holy shit. If they implement an upgrade system in a Metroid-like fashion... Holy shit. It would be amazing. Ever since I first saw the idea of a Metroid-inspired Halo here on GAF, I knew it would be amazing. God, I hope it comes true.

Do not hype on Metroid right now. I won't be able to handle it when none of it is part of H4.

wwm0nkey

omg.kittens said:
We can only hope for a Metroid like system in Halo

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
Well guys quit my new job because the hours they gave me where a bit too much, so this means a bit more Halo time for me :p
Man, I've been in you're position too. I knew the job was going to suck in the long haul, so I ended it before any more grievance.

wwm0nkey

TheOddOne said:
Man, I've been in you're position too. I knew the job was going to suck in the long haul, so I ended it before any more grievance.
Its not too bad though, probably going to get a new job that is 6 to 8 hours rather than the 12 hours a day BS I had to put up with this week.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
Its not too bad though, probably going to get a new job that is 6 to 8 hours rather than the 12 hours a day BS I had to put up with this week.
So strange, thats exactly the same reason I quit my last job.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
Was it Amazon?

Speaking of which since today was my last day I saw a few copies of CEA while stowing :p
Nah, it was administrative job where I was payed half of what other empoyees where being payed and I worked twice as long as them. Such bullshit.

Striker

Photolysis said:
Coincidentally, it's also been complete shit since the H2 days of old.

Okay okay, it was eventually changed to something approaching mediocre in H3 eventually, but bad gametypes turned a lot of people off it.
Who wants to play VIP in Snowbound? What about CTF on Isolation? Land Grab?! Equipment was another red flag - bubble shields only caused the gameplay to slow down.

I think the only TO gametypes I liked, at least compared to the other trash they spewed in there was 2-flag on The Pit, 2-flag Standoff, and 1-flag High Ground.

Halo 3 took a major dump on the success Halo 2's gametypes had. From the instant arm follies, long return times in CTF, 3 Plots getting removed, VIP getting jammed down our throats, Territories being beloved, and the flag/bomb contesting along with the sudden death lapse it's truly no wonder. Again, push those big problems to the awful objective based maps? It's a recipe for failure.

Ramirez said:
Has it ever occurred to anyone that TO is failing in Reach because of the AWFUL gametypes? Seriously, finding a game of Multi Flag on Asylum was like winning the lottery back when I played.

Something that absolutely has to be fixed for Halo 4 is that a game ends in 1 Flag/Bomb after the other team can't win anymore.
Team Objective in Reach was OK until all hell broke loose. That one moment in time I liked it quite well. All they had to do well remove the Drop Shield loadout. What happens? Hemo gets axed (rather than putting in a DMR start to it), they add in 3 Flag, Flag Slayer, Speedflag (and later Stockpile which further pushes 2-flag and Assault down), and allows Pro gametypes (which are a lazy version of 1-flag and 1-bomb fast from Halo 2) to show up more than regular flag.

It was the simple stuff that needed rearranged.

Top Bottom