• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Havok said:
I'm not surprised, and I'm reserving judgement for now, but adding objective gametypes to a 'very Slayer-heavy' playlist when nobody votes for objective in combined playlists even now is a huge bummer. Getting flashbacks of nothing but Slayer in launch Halo 2 Team Skirmish.

I guess it's that or have none at all, given the state of Reach Objective.
Yeah I'm kind of worried that if it's mostly slayer it'll be just that – mostly slayer.

Havok said:
That would require any sort of distance-detection which appears to have been completely abandoned.
Also, it would take any of the victorious jubilation out of the team that just barely manages to hold off the attackers. Do not want.

You can have both. Just saying, it's really not a tie when one team doesn't move the flag at all and the other gets it within inches of the cap point. A team that just barely manages to hold off the attackers should have to cap on their round to win.

Slightly Live said:
Who do I have to pay to peak into 343's internal Halo bible's footnotes?

Halo 5? How the universe concludes? The final story? My poor brain is melting at the thought of it.
I don't get it. Where was this in the podcast? I listened to the whole thing.

Woorloog

Banned
Got to play Installation 04 Firefight today at Helsinki DigiExpo. Could've tried the multiplayer maps as well and some Anniversary game modes probably but didn't. Playing against my friend who is not nearly as good as me wouldn't have been fun.
As for the the map itself, it felt pretty good and looked nice, as much something can look nice in splitscreen mode. The Warthog is so much better than Rocket'Hog. Dunno if the ODSTs were useful, i splattered one, and we played on normal. Maybe they're better at higher difficulties?
There was a 64player FFA tournament on new MP maps as well but watching a bunch of 15-18 year olds playing FFA mostly if not exclusively on Beaver Creek was not interesting. Halo is one of those games that are very boring to watch in my opinion.
Should've tried Forge on Timberlands, hindsight is always 20/20...

There would've been Halo Anniversary presenation but since i saw nothing new about anything (ME3 had a playable demo, the E3 one, SWTOR E3 trailer was shown) so me, my brother and friend got bored and left before it. I doubt they would've showed new footage.
DigiExpo is worse and worse every year and since Finland is such middle of nowhere place, they never show anything truly interesting there. Closest thing we Finns got to E3 /facepalm

Louis Wu

Tha Robbertster said:
I don't know if this is old or not, but wow:

Halo Reach completed in 87 minutes on heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zJtI_T6PSE0

I don't know if I should be happy for the guy who did it or a bit sad that Reach's campaign can be so short.
Heh - don't be sad. Halo and Halo 3 were both done in 77 minutes, and Halo 2 in 90, I think.

Speed runs shouldn't make you sad about the paucity of campaign content; they're all about SKIPPING campaign content. :)

Louis Wu said:
Heh - don't be sad. Halo and Halo 3 were both done in 77 minutes, and Halo 2 in 90, I think.

Speed runs shouldn't make you sad about the paucity of campaign content; they're all about SKIPPING campaign content. :)

A that's good to hear :) puts it in perspective.

Striker

The Real Napsta said:
Is the Anniversary slayer/objective playlist 4v4?
I hope the objectives in it are 2-flag, Neutral Bomb, 1-flag, 1-bomb, and 3 Plots. If there's Flag Slayer or 3 Flag I'm going to choke somebody.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:

I wonder how close they games would be if Reach didn't have the unskippable sequences sitting on the side of the Falcons, from the beginning of Winter, the fly to the communications outpost later, and the rail rides on Exodus and Tip of the Spear. Probably at least five minutes right there. I imagine they drive speed runners nuts.

Edit: scratch one of those, forgot it was skippable. I gotta try that sometime.

Striker

Steelyuhas said:
It's only Slayer, Flag, and Assault.
Did they specify which yet? Haven't been paying close attention to the thread and an apparent podcast.

CEA BTB with DMR/Mag start? Strange. I wonder what maps will be under the BTB listing - Headlong, Timberland, and Hang 'em High? Not that I ever look at Hang 'em High as a big team map, but I could easily see them sliding it in there.

Striker said:
Did they specify which yet? Haven't been paying close attention to the thread and an apparent podcast.

CEA BTB with DMR/Mag start? Strange. I wonder what maps will be under the BTB listing - Headlong, Timberland, and Hang 'em High? Not that I ever look at Hang 'em High as a big team map, but I could easily see them sliding it in there.

No, just that it was those three gametypes in the playlist, pretty heavy on the slayer side though. Headlong, Timberland, and Hang em' High for the BTB playlist, DMR and Magnum (not sure why).

I assume because the Anny playlist should have Beaver Creek, Damnation, Prisoner, and Hang em' High that we will get multi-flag, one-flag, neutral bomb, one-bomb, slayer.

Lol I tried pacing my DMR shots, it actually worked! I felt like a killing machine, pretty awesome.

Anyway, I still think 85% bloom should be universal except for Invasion.

P.S: Not a single Invasion on Breakpoint yet :( and now it doesn't even appears on Premium Battle. WHY!?

Gabotron ES said:
Lol I tried pacing my DMR shots, it actually worked! I felt like a killing machine, pretty awesome.

Anyway, I still think 85% bloom should be universal except for Invasion.

P.S: Not a single Invasion on Breakpoint yet :( and now it doesn't even appears on Premium Battle. WHY!?

I thought the plan was to make 85% universal and ZB only in Anniversary playlists, then again I am really out of the loop.

I promise I'm not becoming recluse HaloGAF, I'm just busy.

Also,

Christmas Milkshake is back at Chickfila! So good!

Havok

HiredN00bs said:
You can have both. Just saying, it's really not a tie when one team doesn't move the flag at all and the other gets it within inches of the cap point. A team that just barely manages to hold off the attackers should have to cap on their round to win.
Sure, I understand your reasoning. I'm curious how that would even be measured, though. A straight line A to B? If that's the case, then I might as well play it safe and park the flag at rocket spawn on Reflection because it's a good bet that I can stop the enemy team from getting it much closer than that. If you take flag routes into account, then you're indirectly punishing teams that by chance pick the route that the defending team respawns nearest, which is already the most annoying thing about 1 Flag. It just seems incredibly complicated.

Crucio said:
Dammed Itunes, just recently started having encoding problems with downloaded media.
I can't play any of the Podcasts.

Anyone have a DDL to Sparkast 8? Thanks.
Say thanks later.

Edit.: beaten.

Edit 2.: No customs are planned for today? Is anyone interested for some "no-serious MLG and no minigames" customs? Just playing objective gametypes for fun?

Ken

Hypertrooper said:
Edit 2.: No customs are planned for today? Is anyone interested for some "no-serious MLG and no minigames" customs? Just playing objective gametypes for fun?

I'd be up for some TU Beta matchmaking today.

Plywood said:
So what's the over/under on Reach getting a race playlist?

Yes I'm serious.

Considering they are hitting a hard cap of number of playlists allowed in the game with the Anniversary playlists, it seems extremely unlikely.

Race playlist would be awesome though.

Hypertrooper said:

I'd like to but, All of us (Southern) Americans will be watching the Bama vs. LSU football game tonight. Huge game!!

Only two of you guys are online. I'm disappointed.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm guessing Grim One.

:^(

He is perfect for that job.
You had a good run at Trendy. Now your Destiny awaits you.
Unfortunately I like to lie sometimes

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
urk said:

We all know this was just an elaborate ruse to get your bosses to hire your beard as a seperate employee.

You've now exceeded the ginger quota at Bungie. Grats.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steelyuhas said:
Considering they are hitting a hard cap of number of playlists allowed in the game with the Anniversary playlists, it seems extremely unlikely.

Race playlist would be awesome though.
Get rid of zombies, add racing.

Top Bottom