• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Screenshot Thread – SPOILERS

Foxix Von

Just some quick stuff I managed to sort of squeeze in between rounds.

wbas75.jpg

2n6dapw.jpg

k9upht.jpg

Alx

Just wanted to sat that I've never played a Halo game (except for a few demos), but I love these screenshot threads. They would have made me buy the game already, if I wasn't so sure that I don't like FPS any more.
The landscapes/skyboxes look beautiful, and there are so many impressive or funny captures from fights... :D

eso76

Fuck, i had like 80+ awesome photos i took offline and now i'm told i can't upload them since...i took them offline. The fuck is this ?

Mastperf said:
I think the pics actually look worse than the actual game this time. They're alias-free but the game seems cleaner with better color. I dunno, maybe it's just me..

http://www.abload.de/img/reach_1474175_smalllnxt.jpg[IMG]
So one simple needle killed her...wtf?[/QUOTE]

No, it was a Sniper Rifle shot by what appeared to be a Covenant Elite Field Marshall holding s sniper rifle from the side of a Phantom.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/reach_1474229_smallvxd9.jpg

It either:
1. Blew clean through her shields as a headshot.
2. Her shields were down from the EMP effect of the Radiation from about 30 seconds earlier.

These three guys were in a drop shield out in the low gravity area of Zealot towards the end of the game. If you look closely you can see me coming in from the top left.

149m7no.jpg

And the aftermath:

25jkpar.jpg

GhaleonEB

Cuban Legend said:
No, it was a Sniper Rifle shot by what appeared to be a Covenant Elite Field Marshall holding s sniper rifle from the side of a Phantom.

It either:
1. Blew clean through her shields as a headshot.
2. Her shields were down from the EMP effect of the Radiation from about 30 seconds earlier.
It's a Needle Rifle.

zlatko

Banned
reach_1810819_Full.jpg

reach_1810857_Full.jpg

reach_1810860_Full.jpg

reach_1812572_Full.jpg

reach_1812575_Full.jpg

reach_1812615_Full.jpg

reach_1810862_Full.jpg

This is easily my favorite feature out of Reach. To just be able to replay an entire campaign level in theater, fly around, and view it as a spectator or someone at a movie. It also makes me appreciate the games graphics 100000X more when you get to view it like this.

I'm still SUPER disappointed that Bungie didn't make multiplayer maps using the backdrops/scenery seen in these screenshots or others in this thread. Forge world is ugly as sin in comparison. Who wants to play on Lego blocks when you can be on Reach? :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jediyoshi said:
The image compression they have on the shots after they're rendered kills me a little inside.
The softness kills whatever was left after the compression took it's toll. Why the fuck can't they actually render it up to 4k and take a .bmp for Bungie Pro members? They do it for PR bullshots so it's clearly possible.

GhaleonEB

Cuban Legend said:
But every time I play through that section and see that cut scene I remember hearing the sound of a human sniper rifle... am I crazy?
Look at the picture - that's the Nerfle trail, not the sniper rifle. And you can hear the whistle/shatter of the needle firing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDrzKk8Y0Sc#t=2m57s

Personally, I'd have found her death more convincing had she been the only one not to put her helmet on. Then it would have been her carelessness that caused it.

Lakitu

st5fu
Nice screenshots everyone, I'll get to it at some point.

Such a damn good game, especially the campaign. Nice one Bungie.

NeXuSDK

Enjoyed the Halo 3 Screenshot to great lengths, so thanks for making this! Although I do agree on the fact that the rendered screens in H3 looked better than the actual game, but it seems to be the opposite for Reach somehow, probably because of compression...

But for gods sakes people, please scale the pictures... it will not only make the thread more viewable, but also compensate for bad compression. Prett please

GhaleonEB said:
Personally, I'd have found her death more convincing had she been the only one not to put her helmet on. Then it would have been her carelessness that caused it.

She was the one most exposed to the radiation from orbital plasma glassing, since she was measuring it.

So I assume her shields were down, and that one shot was enough.

And it is a little revenge by the covies, since she was the one who stole the forerunners' data from Sorvad.

Her death is still a bit underwhelming, though, no matter the explanations given.

Some shots:

reach_7203_fullj68n.jpg

reach_7211_fullf5s4.jpg

reach_212082_fulle6cq.jpg

reach_1705250_fullgn5n.jpg

Full res here

forrest

formerly nacire
NeXuSDK said:
But for gods sakes people, please scale the pictures... it will not only make the thread more viewable, but also compensate for bad compression. Prett please

Sorry for not scaling screens, I use a script to resize images so I don't notice.

zlatko

Banned
reach_1918984_Full.jpg

reach_1919011_Full.jpg

reach_1918776_Full.jpg

reach_1918849_Full.jpg

This game is too pretty sometimes. Also I'm glad someone broke that FPS mold of crap color palettes being used. Reach is rainbow pretty. :D

Foxix Von

moaaar :lol Well a couple from a firefight match. Fun, also thank god for tinypic's resize feature, let me know if it's still too big.

2dkkcw2.jpg

vexi88.jpg

Pug

I thought I was playing a mechanical version of Panzer Dragoon for a while.

reach_1666214_Full.jpg

As Normal the Tank beats all.

reach_1667034_Full.jpg

eso76

playing through the campaign again to take pics. I still dont understand why i can't upload the 90+ pics i took while offline. Oh well

2chgk1.jpg

poor thing got in the middle of a firefight: EEK !

2ngsoeq.jpg

(anyone noticed the fur shader on these animals ? Kind of useless since you'll never get to see it while playing but nice nonetheless)

more from the same area

e9wvb5.jpg

new alexandria

qy6yx5.jpg

15qx8vb.jpg

Awesome pics everyone.
I had some pretty epic kills tonight, should have taken some snaps.

One suggestion: please re-host/re-size though. <3

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm going to take some pics some point today.

Nice pics everyone. I wish we were able to use the Scorpion more in the Campaign.

Pug

eso76 said:
playing through the campaign again to take pics. I still dont understand why i can't upload the 90+ pics i took while offline. Oh well

(fuck photobucket, looking for another host)

Yeah I cna't understand this either, I have got a great picture of an Elite beating me down in the campaign but I was offline at the time and you can't do anything bar look at the pictures locally. I wonder why they are doing that.

Pug said:
Yeah I cna't understand this either, I have got a great picture of an Elite beating me down in the campaign but I was offline at the time and you can't do anything bar look at the pictures locally. I wonder why they are doing that.
Modded screenshots became problem in Halo 3, and I believe this is Bungie's way to deter that in Reach.

Tokubetsu

Is there anyway to get screens of "Noble Actual" ? I really want to use the burnt/smoking helmet shot in the intro as a wallpaper.

eso76

ralexand said:
Gorgeous game! Thanks guys.

and the good news is that unlike Halo 3 photomode, this is pretty close to what you get ingame (or at least in free camera mode during replays) and not a totally different looking thing. Of course you get the boost in IQ, but Reach has a pretty good IQ ingame too.

Tokubetsu said:
Is there anyway to get screens of "Noble Actual" ? I really want to use the burnt/smoking helmet shot in the intro as a wallpaper.
Go into campaign with Theater mode after playing through it and pause to screenshot.

Top Bottom