• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Halo: Spartan Assault" domains registered

lmao.

Also, where did they explain that in game?

Also gotta question the lack of reference to anything, ever. Chief Saving Galaxy, Prophets, State of Earth, THE FUCKING FLOOD, Brutes, Arbiter, The Ark, Terrance Hood. There is zero reason to think this is a sequel to Halo 3.

You're hilarious but not in a good way. Listing a bunch of stuff does not help. What about the Flood, Hood, the Ark, Arbiter, Brutes?

Like I already said..... Go read the books.

Conor 419

Banned
You're hilarious but not in a good way.

Oh, sorry that I'd like KEY PLOT POINTS actually explained in game outside of a line of dialogue. I also vehemently apologise for wanting the reaction to Earth's greatest ever hero returning from believed death to be "I thought you'd be taller, LOL".

Oh, sorry that I'd like KEY PLOT POINTS actually explained in game outside of a line of dialogue. I also vehemently apologise for wanting the reaction to Earth's greatest ever hero returning from believed death to be "I thought you'd be taller, LOL".

Lol, so what about all the other items you listed?

Conor 419

Banned
You're hilarious but not in a good way. Listing a bunch of stuff does not help. What about the Flood, Hood, the Ark, Arbiter, Brutes?

No, this is not a valid excuse for missing out scenes which should have been downright obligatory, in a sequel to the biggest game of their most relied on IP.

Lol, so what about all the other items you listed?

Well why weren't they mentioned? Don't you find it overwhelmingly odd that they didn't provide the fans who were dying to know how everything shaped out after the UNSC-Covenant war, literally any information besides "we found another Halo lol"

@Liamario

God yes.

Raide

Surely the most ardent fans will and are getting sick of this milk-age?

Just do 2 things...

1) A HD Remix of Halo 2 with all the best maps/weapons and settings in from the entire Halo series. Bam! DD only. All those fancy of "classic" Halo can enjoy themselves for the rest of their lives.

2) Halo series moves on to the SP focused game + Halo: Battlefield Edition. Massive maps, multiple objectives. 64+ Humans Vs Covenant where player start as basic Grunt units and work their way up. Spend points to get to play as a Spartan and dominate the map or get murdered by a Scarab that just spawned.

FyreWulff

Please for the love of Cortana, no more fucking spinoffs! I'm tired of them! Last good one was Reach but ODST was terrible and Halo Wars was meh. After Halo 4, they just need to let it simmer and release 5.

Reach wasn't a spinoff. It's a mainline title.

The books are garbage, aside from the ones Eric Nylund wrote.

Traviss is a fucking hack. She fucking ruined the Halo lore.

What I want in future Halo games:

Prophets:

bGvzaVv.jpg

The Covenant may have crumbled, but these guys were interesting and made for a dynamic villain. It would be interesting fight them, or alongside them in future games.

Engineers:

These guys are just awesome, and are a cool part of the Universe. I would just like to see them show up and float around... and perhaps tinker with things and fix them.

Brutes:

These guys are fucking terrifying, the pack dynamic is fun to fight and things get crazy when they go berserk.

Honor Guards:

Artistically awesome, and they feel like a much more cunning, reserved enemy.

Spartan II's

Lets see MC's companions in action. Bring the books to life in the game with these super soldiers.

ODSTS

I would love to see the Helljumpers do what they do best. Also, they can pull off the attitude that 343 tried to portray with the Spartans from Halo 4.

Spartan IIIs with SPI armor:

I would love to see the Spartan IIIs from Ghosts of Onyx in action.

Brute Chopper:

chopboardsmall.gif

Do I need to say more?

Halo Wars expanded sandbox:

I mean, who doesn't want to pilot a Locust?

To those saying no more Halo or some variation of don't release anymore games for awhile, I say speak for yourself! I want as much Halo as possible, so long as it's a good high quality game and not some cheap cash in.

No, this is not a valid excuse for missing out scenes which should have been downright obligatory, in a sequel to the biggest game of their most relied on IP.

Well why weren't they mentioned? Don't you find it overwhelmingly odd that they didn't provide the fans who were dying to know how everything shaped out after the UNSC-Covenant war, literally any information besides "we found another Halo lol"

@Liamario

God yes.

I already know because I read the books but I do understand the frustration of those that did not read them.

Conor 419

Banned
I had read the other books, it's just that they kinda turned awful.

And does that *really* excuse them not being in the game, which is the MAIN segment of the IP's narrative?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

While I can see where you are coming from, I don't agree.

Much like Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 4 referenced the bigger picture, but did not go into detail. They already had enough new stroyline to get through..

Halo 5 and 6, plus Spartan Ops, will have plenty of time to go in depth into what happened after Halo 3.

Halo 4 was more about that Alien feel of being in a strange place, with strange lifeforms, being stranded from the main human force, outnumbered, into the unkown etc, much like HCE was.

While I can see where you are coming from, I don't agree.

Much like Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 4 referenced the bigger picture, but did not go into detail. They already had enough new stroyline to get through..

Halo 5 and 6, plus Spartan Ops, will have plenty of time to go in depth into what happened after Halo 3.

Halo 4 was more about that Alien feel of being in a strange place, with strange lifeforms, being alienated, etc, much like HCE was.

Agreed

abadguy

Banned
"I thought we had a truce with the Covenant?"
*Yogi Bear Voice* "Well a lot can change in three years, Chief!"

(Also no reference to anything, ever. Chief Saving Galaxy, Prophets, State of Earth, THE FLOOD, Brutes, Arbiter, Terrance Hood).

Thats not a retcon.

Conor 419

Banned
I dont think so

Uhhh, yeah? How did they not? I'm not saying they're on book level, but consider also that they aren't books. Take Halo 2 for example. The game spanned three major new locations,. On Earth we finally got an insight to how the war was actually playing out for the UNSC, considering everything is left vague on Halo 1 (understandable, as it's a story of isolated guerrilla warfare). We also get an alternative perspective from the Arbiter on High Charity, and with it we get an insight to where each species stands within the Covenant, the personal struggles between different religious pespectives, we see further internal strife between the Brutes and Elites through introduction of the primary villains, the entire motivation for humanities extinction. We see countless new species', new groups within the UNSC (ODST's, ONI), a new Halo ring (and it's awesome backstory) larger insight to the faction of Forerunner sentinels, The Floodd and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It did a wonderful job of fleshing out the universe as any Halo should, to suggest otherwise is outrageous.

Thats not a retcon.

'Practically'.

Grisby

I would love another ODST. Do something completely different in style and direction (the over world mixed with different 'cases').

They've got a awesome universe and 343 should definitely take advantage of it.

SpartanN92

Banned
Please for the love of Cortana, no more fucking spinoffs! I'm tired of them! Last good one was Reach but ODST was terrible and Halo Wars was meh. After Halo 4, they just need to let it simmer and release 5.

No. No. No.
Halo 5 can take its sweet time (They need it)
There are more stories in the Halo universe than just Master Chief adventures.

The insurrection, other covenant war stories, the covie war lasted almost 30 years so there is lots of room there. The forerunner/flood war (300 years).

Maybe a Halo rpg, or a console Third person shooter.

The series has so much potential, and limiting it to just the numbered master chief iterations is just silly. Also ODST rocked, you heathen.

Uhhh, yeah? How did they not? I'm not saying they're on book level, but consider also that they aren't books. Take Halo 2 for example. The game spanned three major new locations,. On Earth we finally got an insight to how the war was actually playing out for the UNSC, considering everything is left vague on Halo 1 (understandable, as it's a story of isolated guerrilla warfare). We also get an alternative perspective from the Arbiter on High Charity, and with it we get an insight to where each species stands within the Covenant, the personal struggles between different religious pespectives, we see further internal strife between the Brutes and Elites through introduction of the primary villains, the entire motivation for humanities extinction. We see countless new species', new groups within the UNSC (ODST's, ONI), a new Halo ring (and it's awesome backstory) larger insight to the faction of Forerunner sentinels, The Floodd and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It did a wonderful job of fleshing out the universe as any Halo should, to suggest otherwise is outrageous.

'Practically'.

Halo 4s story is pretty isolated by the same way you explain Halo CE story and should be. I saw no point in Halo 4 that 343 should have stopped to just fill you in on all the back story that happened after H3.

Great reasoning, champ.

Yeah at this point you're an apologist.

Ok? I said I disagree with you and stated why. The books contain most if not all the info you seem to crave to fill in the gap wether you enjoy them or not ( I don't care that you dont like them I do). Halo 4s story does not need to explain them because it simply does not need to. That info has already been explained and Halo 4s story stands on its own without that info.

I enjoyed the books if that makes me an "apologist" because it goes against your opinion then so be it. I do not care....

I like the Halo franchise, the games, the books, and yes the idea of the TV series and the idea of a movie someday. So yes I guess I'm an apologist. Whatever

Thanks for your 2 cents

Conor 419

Banned
Ok? I said I disagree with you and stated why. The books contain most if not all the info you seem to crave to fill in the gap wether you enjoy them or not ( I don't care that you dont like them I do). Halo 4s story does not need to explain them because it simply does not need to. That info has already been explained and Halo 4s story stands on its own without that info.

I enjoyed the books if that makes me an "apologist" because it goes against your opinion then so be it. I do not care....

I like the Halo franchise, the games, the books, and yes the idea of the TV series and the idea of a movie someday. So yes I guess I'm an apologist. Whatever

Thanks for your 2 cents

Wait, so the books explained how the UNSC staff reacted to meeting Earth's greatest hero in person for the first time? Pls share.

Don't you think 343i should assume nobody has read the books, particularly as they're bad?

Top Bottom