• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Spartan Assault - leaked screens (WP8 game?)

Don't let your opinion get in the way of facts.

Sure, it runs on a PC (that is obvious), but that doesn't mean it was designed for PC's as the main platform considering half the OS is in full screen mode and there are awkward mouse gestures built in that are more suitable for fingers. If it isn't designed solely for PC's, then in my opinion it isn't a "real" PC os.

Computer

When I read you play as Sarah Palmer I threw up a little in my mouth. How can 343 be so oblivious that she is one of the most hated characters in Halo history? Every spartan OPs episode people would get excited at the thought of her getting killed off. Yet they make a game for her.

Madness

The original trilogy is gone and over, Halo is just going to keep on going and expanding, you can only milk that original trilogy for so long, and they have already beaten that horse pretty well already. They have been pushing away from the original trilogy for a long time now with its expanded materials. The original trilogy is done and over, time to accept it and move on.

Ok and your point is what? Did you even read what I originally wrote? What do you mean milk the original trilogy or beat that dead horse? There have been 5 main Halo first person shooter games in a period of 12+ years(ODST was an expansion). Contrast that with 4 Gears of War Games in 6 years, compared to 8+ Call of Duty games since 2005, 5+ Assassins Creed games in a span of less than 5 years etc.

So no, they haven't beaten a dead horse yet anymore than any other series.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Its not available on PC, its only available on Windows 8 OS, and that is not a real PC OS. Its a messed up, choppy piece of crap that is heavily promoting the use of tablets.

Yeah, it's not like it's a smooth fast loading OS or anything. Think what you want about Metro, but Win8's not choppy or messed up.

Dark Rider

xboxonegames.jpg

no surprises for me here (if this is true)

MCD

Wait a fucking second

I don't believe this

Windows Phone is getting a Halo game?

GTFO JOE BELFIORE

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Hmmm had a feeling in the back of by head that this might be for mobile devices.

I might give the pc version a go since mobile gaming does nothing for me.

Its not available on PC, its only available on Windows 8 OS, and that is not a real PC OS. Its a messed up, choppy piece of crap that is heavily promoting the use of tablets.

Oh wow ok, well luckily I have a Win8 disc I got for cheap from being a student. Win 8.1 looks to be quite an improvement, by the way. There was a thread in the OT about 8.1.

I knew they'd try to push Palmer down our throats. They want her to be the next Sgt. Johnson or Arbiter type character who we'll all come to love. She's perhaps one of the most hated characters introduced.

And newsflash 343, the Halo series has always been about the game that launchede on xbox or the games that came after it. It was always about Halo CE-3, not about books, toys, movies, shows, comics etc.

The books and games are side by side for me. The art books have been pretty great too. The Halsey journal, Eric Nylund series, FuD, ViDocs and more all provide different elements that I've thoroughly enjoyed.

That isn't even entering into the events, TV spots like Starry Night or soundtracks. I know many would agree the music in Halo has been discussed and loved and hated as much as the game.

iOS pls? I'm down for a mobile Halo game so long as it's good, and we get something for Xbox One this year.

Same for me.

This game is by a sesperate studio and only $6.99. It also links back to your Halo 4 Spartan, cool. Sign me up and I hardly play mobile games.

eastx

I'm not happy with Kotaku's article on this game. Totillo's attitude is basically **** Windows Phone and Windows 8, which ain't cool. Quality exclusives like this are just what those platforms need. And the dude was awfully disinterested during the reveal, whereas most of us (even non-WP media) were pretty pumped.

fiyah

I'm pretty sure this will play on Xbone. Even if only to say that have a Halo available at launch on the console.

Blueblur1

It's the horrible irony of this industry (all entertainment industries really), that the most loved things we have are treated with the least reverence. Halo is so beyond this it's embarrassing.

I said it before and I'll say it again: the whoring has just begun. Get ready for the eventual F2P Halo.

watership

When I read you play as Sarah Palmer I threw up a little in my mouth. How can 343 be so oblivious that she is one of the most hated characters in Halo history? Every spartan OPs episode people would get excited at the thought of her getting killed off. Yet they make a game for her.

She's probably one of my favourite Spartans after Master Chief. And yeah, she's not a very likeable character at first. She's pragmatic, cynical and follows orders to a fault. She's also got a hate on for Halsey, probably because of what she did with the Spartan IIs and seems to have a soft spot for Captain Lasky. I wonder if the fact that she's following the UNSC's company line about Halsey that makes people hate her. I have no idea. She's complex and in my opinion, a great character in Halo fiction.

SparkTR

I said it before and I'll say it again: the whoring has just begun. Get ready for the eventual F2P Halo.

Well a game called Bootcamp was classified for PC in South Korea as a 'third person Halo', and you don't release games there unless they're F2P.

Madness

This needs to be on XBLA... Also, Palmer is hated by most. They're just stuck with her now because they spent so much money and time creating her.

Look how they promoted her. Made her Commander of all Spartans, used her for the War Games intro, the cutscenes and all of the Spartan Ops chapters etc. A new comic is featuring her.

This needs to be on XBLA... Also, Palmer is hated by most. They're just stuck with her now because they spent so much money and time creating her.

Look how they promoted her. Made her Commander of all Spartans, used her for the War Games intro, the cutscenes and all of the Spartan Ops chapters etc. A new comic is featuring her.

How did they even think she could pair up with the awesome of johnson, she is annoying as shit in halo 4.

Yeah, it's not like it's a smooth fast loading OS or anything. Think what you want about Metro, but Win8's not choppy or messed up.

I meant choppy as in it has no consistency in its design. Half of it is traditional windows, and half of it is not windows at all but a full screen design meant to be for tablets and controlled with tablet-like gestures. Sorry, "Choppy" probably wasn't the best word for it. Inconsistent is probably better.

besada

Banned
Has anyone considered that they might be getting rid of XBLA in favor of the Windows 8 app store for the Xbox One? It's running Windows in the hypervisor, so how hard would it be to have it play Windows 8 app store games?

This also coming out on WP8? and it is a "Twin Stick" shooter? And also why is this exclusive to Windows 8? Have not learned from Halo 2?

Star-Trek-Crew-Looking-at-Each-Other.gif

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
About time Microsoft brought their premium franchise to Windows Phone. Thank You 343. I am excited about this game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I meant choppy as in it has no consistency in its design. Half of it is traditional windows, and half of it is not windows at all but a full screen design meant to be for tablets and controlled with tablet-like gestures. Sorry, "Choppy" probably wasn't the best word for it. Inconsistent is probably better.

Oh right, I get what you mean now. I can totally see how Metro isn't for everyone.

Top Bottom