• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta Update Program Announced

Nialrot

This has to be a terrible joke. How do they continue to have so many issues and why is it taking so long.

You would think Microsoft would put a little pressure on 343i and move some staff to help right the ship.

Majanew

Banned
Whoa, this must be a nightmare for 343. Do they have Certain Affinity helping solve the issues since they were involved with the multiplayer?

Whoa, this must be a nightmare for 343. Do they have Certain Affinity helping solve the issues since they were involved with the multiplayer?

My guess is they had this patch going for some time while another team was doing these incremental patches for appearances. They knew this shit was broken and if im right this CU is a rebuild of MP all together.

Tengrave

Haven't seen much main stream media saying they are worried about 5 like they are about Battlefield Hardline because of BF4.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Haven't seen much main stream media saying they are worried about 5 like they are about Battlefield Hardline because of BF4.

Any media saying they are worried about BF hardline because of BF4 don't know what they are talking about.

Madness

Damn, was hoping to be able to try out their patch this weekend. I wonder if they'll target another weekend or whether it'll be during a weekday.

Celestia

Not sure if anything has changed, but I've noticed a huge improvement in terms of lag today. Even in H2, it's like more of my shots are connecting.

I know what they were going for with this, but holy hell is this funny.

2014 - the year of broken games
2015 - the year of betas for fixes to 2014s broken games.

Lol

Yep.

I have zero faith that 343i can fix it. They have no clue about what they're doing.

I feel that the game came out too premature and any patches here are just covering up the errors, not completely crushing them or replacing them enough.

I would really love to know why the matchmaking is/was so borderline broken, halo 4 was alright if not good for me on 360 years ago, why does the master chief collection take all that knoledge and flush it down the toilet? too many chefs in the kitchen? too many 'improvements' to what was not broken?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I feel that the game came out too premature and any patches here are just covering up the errors, not completely crushing them or replacing them enough.

I would really love to know why the matchmaking is/was so borderline broken, halo 4 was alright if not good for me on 360 years ago, why does the master chief collection take all that knoledge and flush it down the toilet? too many chefs in the kitchen? too many 'improvements' to what was not broken?

i think this i slikely the answer http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2rl1qa/sdk_leak_and_thoughts_around_mcc_issues/

Mononoke

Banned
This has to be a terrible joke. How do they continue to have so many issues and why is it taking so long.

You would think Microsoft would put a little pressure on 343i and move some staff to help right the ship.

Can't believe MS hasn't stepped in and put someone else on the job? I wonder what it's like behind the scenes over there.

maxiell

So this was canceled or postponed? I'm confused by this:

"As this update contains the biggest changes to the Matchmaking system yet, we’ve identified that additional time and testing is required," it reads. "We are currently evaluating both timing and need for a CU beta with the Xbox One Preview program, as well as the final public release date in February."

RE_Player

I have had a low opinion of 343 for quite some time but this has made me lower it even further.

This is just embarrassing and makes me have zero faith in Halo 5.

TomShoe

Banned
If they aren't even going to give us anything besides a February release date, assume there is no beta, and we'll have to rely on 343 to get it right.

oh-you-make-me-cry-laughing-meme-rage-face-.jpg

I doubt this game is ever going to get fixed, the logistics are just too much for them to get done in a reasonable time frame. I have a feeling that once they get Halo 5 comes out, Microsoft will order 343i to gently sweep MCC under the bed while giving it deep discounts.

Just bought the MCC and had the game crash/turn off my Xbox one about 5 times at various points in the first stage of the halo 4 campaign. Any chance there is someone with a preview invite to opt in for this beta? I can't imagine how bad this was at launch. GT: raspyberry

I'm not sure that's the MCC. Hasn't happened to me. Haven't seen crashes like that reported elsewhere.

Kssio_Aug

LOL

I'm not playing Halo MCC at all anymore (it is siting there until I need more HDD space for a next game). But it seems they keep doing a whole bunch of nothing.

They announced this beta program and delayed/canceled it already?
Not that I expect them to fix anything... but that's still embarrassing.

Do anyone still believes they know what they're doing? Cause it seems to me, by all that happened to this collection and by those decisions, that they don't have a clue.

JaggedSac

I doubt this game is ever going to get fixed, the logistics are just too much for them to get done in a reasonable time frame. I have a feeling that once they get Halo 5 comes out, Microsoft will order 343i to gently sweep MCC under the bed while giving it deep discounts.

We should hope it gets fixed. Likely the same issues MCC is having, H5 will have. As was seen in the H5 beta. Likely this stems from the use of the new 2015 matchmaking APIs.

Nobody is. It's been out of the Top 10 games played on XBL for a while now.

Damn, that's a shame. I've never played much Halo MP and was planning for this to be my introduction. Been holding off until the issues are sorted but I'm starting worry people won't come back once it's fixed.

Paragon Pariah

Neo Member
Damn, that's a shame. I've never played much Halo MP and was planning for this to be my introduction. Been holding off until the issues are sorted but I'm starting worry people won't come back once it's fixed.

If somehow they are able to fix it and get it working the way it was intended to work, it would probably become my go-to multiplayer game. However, I am not exactly holding my breath for it. The way it is right now, it is just too frustrating for me to play.

jiiikoo

Banned

I bet the hardcore fans will come back when the game is fully working, can't say about the rest.

NickFire

Hmmmm, perhaps the code for MCC's beta will be given out to purchasers of Halo 5. It could be the first time two games each gave out access to the other's betas.

Top Bottom