• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Top Ice Cream is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roubjon

I am a type 1 Diabetic so the low sugar content in these is fantastic. I am pretty picky.

however certain flavors of this stuff is freaking good.

#1 Mint Chip
#2. S'mores
#3. Red Velvet
#4. Peanut butter cup

avoid. Pistachio, Birthday Cake, Salted Carmel .

Those are the only ones I have had.

Yo, salted caramel rules.

Darkman M

If you are a ice cream enthusiast this is probably not for you, but for someone like me who gets the occasional sweet tooth his stuff is amazing.

daemissary

I've only seen Candy Bar and Cinnamon Roll of the new flavors and I thought both were incredible. I got them at a Fred Meyer/Kroger.

I really wanna try the others.

Downhome

It's amazing. The Red Velvet and Cookie Dough flavors are better than some of the full fat brands with like 1/4 of the calories, idk how they do it

This all reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where they all ate the yogurt that claimed to be fat free and everyone wondered how it could taste so good.

blackflag

We got new flavors here and I have a new fave.

1. Chocolate covered banana (SSS tier)
2. Pancakes and Waffles (SS tier)
3. Cinnamon Roll (A tier)
4. Rainbow Swirl B tier)
5. Mochi Green Tea (Garbage Tier)

I haven't tried Candy Bar or Caramel Macchiato yet.

crpav

4. Rainbow Swirl B tier)

Woah just shows everyone has different tastes. I only cared to try Pancakes and Waffles, Cinnamon Roll and Candy Bar. Cinnamon Roll is a decent cinnamon roll offering and Candy Bar isn't bad but Pancakes and Waffles is straight garbage. To me I get a burnt flavor like when someone burns a pancake and tries to cover it up with extra cheap syrup. I also have not heard good things about Chocolate covered banana but have not tried myself.

Honestly my summer love affair of Halo Top has died and I am back to enjoying regular ice cream that is so much better.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It's not ice cream. It's a frozen dessert and it takes nothing like real ice cream.

It's pretty bad overall. I've tried three flavors and it comes off as bland and has a really bad texture not too mention the price.

4. Rainbow Swirl B tier)

Just tried out Rainbow Swirl (interesting) and Pancakes & Waffles (which was amazing)! Liking these new flavours.

Kayhan

4. Rainbow Swirl B tier)

Of the new ones my favorite is Candy Bar.

Amazing for what it is.

Ferrio

Banned
Tried this for the first time the other day. I got the pancakes and waffles one, and I didn't like how it tasted. It has like this bitter taste that I just can't stand. Going to try a different flavor in hopes that it was just that pint and not the brand itself.

daemissary

It’s been a month and I still can’t find Pumpkin Pie anywhere in the Portland area. I’ve been obsessively checking all of the stores in the area and their Where to Buy on the Halo Top website.

I may have a problem.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm a HUGE ice cream fan and a bit of a health nut so I have mixed feelings about Halo Top. Really like pancakes and waffles. Decent substitute when you're craving ice cream but you have to accept it for it's limitations because 300 calories is so low. Another thing is when you're keeping your sugars low a pint of this can really jumpstart cravings for days. All and all it can get you through if you're in a pinch for ice cream but don't want to cheat.

Jetku

I love the enlightened hot chocolate frozen bars. They are great!

The green tea mochi Halo Top tastes like potpourri smells...and I love green tea ice cream normally. Looking forward to trying The pancake flavor

v1perz53

I know a lot of people swear by this, and say it tastes "exactly like/better than full fat ice cream" but I don't see it at all. To me it tastes decidedly worse than full fat ice cream, to the point where I would certainly rather have 1/8 a pint of any other ice cream rather than 1/2 pint of halo top. But I am not that big into ice cream in general, and since going back to the gym and getting back in shape I just haven't eaten any ice cream (aside from maybe 2 times on vacation?). I've also never had issues with portion control (I'm quite lucky, fiancee is the opposite) so I could easily buy full fat ice cream and not over-eat it if I ever decided I wanted it. Again, I'm very lucky in this regard (though I certainly have my own vices I struggle with when losing weight and being healthy)

Glad it works for people though, awesome that it exists.

Finally had some a while back. It's not that great. Honestly I'd much rather just eat a smaller serving of real ice cream than eat a whole pint of Halo Top.

It’s been a month and I still can’t find Pumpkin Pie anywhere in the Portland area. I’ve been obsessively checking all of the stores in the area and their Where to Buy on the Halo Top website.

I may have a problem.

We're living parallel lives. It's the last flavor of the new batch I haven't tried. No sign :(

Clipse

Local supermarket has the new flavors and they're on sale this week, but it looks like I fucked up by buying Mochi Green Tea and Rainbow Swirl after reading everyone's impressions.

Edit: Mochi Green Tea tastes like potpourri and the entire pint had 2 pieces of mochi in it.

I thought the texture of Enlightened was off-putting; it has a weird artificial softness/ silly putty feel. I did like the taste of Butter Pecan but the rest were pretty gross.

Halo Top is so far superior to Enlightened they can't even really be talked about in the same conversation fairly.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The best new flavors are caramel macchiato, chocolate covered banana, candy bar, and cinnamon roll in that order.

Pumpkin pie is amazing.

Green tea and rainbow swirl are awful.

Cptkrush

Found Pumpkin Pie at my local Target. Not only is it my new favorite halo top flavor, it's probably top five favorite ice creams ever.

daemissary

We're living parallel lives. It's the last flavor of the new batch I haven't tried. No sign :(

There are tons of comments on their Facebook whenever they post a picture of it with people complaining they can’t find it so we aren’t alone.

Found Pumpkin Pie at my local Target. Not only is it my new favorite halo top flavor, it's probably top five favorite ice creams ever.

Ugggggh, way to rub it in. I love pumpkin pie so much that I had my mom make it for my birthday instead of cake every year so I’m really looking forward to this flavor.

It's amazing. The Red Velvet and Cookie Dough flavors are better than some of the full fat brands with like 1/4 of the calories, idk how they do it
I love cookie dough and I thought it was trash. Maybe it was because my dough bits were very very small and there weren't many of em.

I had the lemon flavor, maybe I was doing it wrong but mine broke up into smaller clumps and didn't have the consistency of ice cream, it didn't taste bad just was off, not a bad alternative but didn't completely fix the craving of real ice cream.

Kayhan

I should try this.

The fact that this flavor is unavailable to some of my fellow gaffers should enhance my pleasure from this forbidden ice cream.

TyrantII

Gross.

Eating this before bed is just as bad BTW. Is OP own stock, or are they marketing for the company? Cause damn, that OP.

The best new flavors are caramel macchiato, chocolate covered banana, candy bar, and cinnamon roll in that order.

Pumpkin pie is amazing.

Green tea and rainbow swirl are awful.

Just tried Caramel Macchiato yesterday, I'd say Caramel Swirl is still better due to the flavor profile being more caramel like and macchiato being more coffee like, to each their own though.

Haven't been able to find Candy Bar in store yet.

Cherubae

I had the lemon flavor, maybe I was doing it wrong but mine broke up into smaller clumps and didn't have the consistency of ice cream, it didn't taste bad just was off, not a bad alternative but didn't completely fix the craving of real ice cream.

Agreed. The Lemon Cake flavor is not very good. It has a chemical aftertaste and has the texture of ice you'd find stuck to the back of your freezer; the weird, flaky ice you have to remove by stabbing it with an ice pick until the ice breaks apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom