• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HALO will be directed by...

Mr Jared

(Originally posted on my 1UP Blog)

Without warning, the nightmare faded, leaving dark stains on my soul that would never come off. I felt like I was flatlining. I was all shook up; my head felt two sizes too small for my brain. I woke up in a cold sweat, sick and tired to the bone.

In a nightmare, every decision you make is the wrong one. In the dream I had exploded from, that decision was to take up an offer I couldn't refuse; tickets for Halo: The Movie.

Penned by the talented hand behind 28 Days Later, Alex Garland. Produced by the king of epic, nerdcore films, Peter Jackson. Guided by the full creative control of my lord and masters at Bungie themselves. Backed by the bottomless pockets of Microsoft. There is no possible way for the film adaptation of the greatest shooter of all time to, as the kids like to say, suck.

So why, in this night terror, was I watching Jeff Bridges assume the role of Master Chief?

And I could see his face. .

halo_jeff.jpg

I could see his FACE. .

(This announcement pleases me. Hellboy may have sucked, but it was well directed)

123rl

He also did Blade 2 :D

Interesting director and his films are great for mindless action and loudness but it's a weird mix with him and Peter Jackson producing!

hadareud said:
Is this the guy that did Hellboy? If so, I shall not even get close to a cinema with Halo on.

But he also wrote the Hellboy script. Blade 2, which he didn't write was kick ass, so hopefully Halo will be too since he did'nt write that either.

Still prefer a James Cameron type though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
no uwe no sale

i liked hellboy, tho. and i remember cronos being really good, though it's been years since i've seen it.

Raiden

Banned
Sl1p said:
(Originally posted on my 1UP Blog)

Without warning, the nightmare faded, leaving dark stains on my soul that would never come off. I felt like I was flatlining. I was all shook up; my head felt two sizes too small for my brain. I woke up in a cold sweat, sick and tired to the bone.

In a nightmare, every decision you make is the wrong one. In the dream I had exploded from, that decision was to take up an offer I couldn't refuse; tickets for Halo: The Movie.

Penned by the talented hand behind 28 Days Later, Alex Garland. Produced by the king of epic, nerdcore films, Peter Jackson. Guided by the full creative control of my lord and masters at Bungie themselves. Backed by the bottomless pockets of Microsoft. There is no possible way for the film adaptation of the greatest shooter of all time to, as the kids like to say, suck.

So why, in this night terror, was I watching Jeff Bridges assume the role of Master Chief?

And I could see his face. .

halo_jeff.jpg

I could see his FACE. .

(This announcement pleases me. Hellboy may have sucked, but it was well directed)

I bet he can stick it.

This seems like a good fit... I've always gotten the impression Halo was sorta the Spike TV of FPS games, so the director of Blade II and Hellboy and Mimic seems like a good match. That said, I'd probably despise the movie, but it does sound like a good match that'll produce something that the Halo fans and mindless action fans will adore. And just so we're clear, there's nothing wrong with mindless action, it's just not something I really enjoy all that much (though it's great for sitting in front of the TV and hammering out some homework or something).

Jerkface

Banned
You guys should find "The Devil's Backbone" which is superb.

Del Toro is a great director and he does over-the-top action just as well as he does seriously chilling stuff.

aerofx

123rl said:
He also did Blade 2 :D

Interesting director and his films are great for mindless action and loudness but it's a weird mix with him and Peter Jackson producing!

Oh really? I'm so there. But Blade 2 probably wouldn't be as cool as it was if Donnie Yen did do the fight scenes.

Senretsu

I'm really really really really hoping this movie will be good. After reading Eberts comments from the Doom movie about how games aren't on the same level as movies, books, paintings, etc, my hope lies with this movie and Silent Hill to prove him wrong

Flynn

Love or hate Harry, you gotta get down with the way he thinks:

Del Toro + Jackson = Weta + Lovecraft.

Suddenly, I love math.

it doesn't matter people this movie will disappoint you if God himself directed it and it had an all star cast...

Keep Hope alive

I like DorkmanScott's response.

"Now we're going to get Harry comparing Halo to a massive cock-ring and other unnecessary sexual comparisons when he reviews the film. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the flick, and if Del Toro directs with Jackson producing the odds of suckage are exponentially decreased from whatever they may have been. I just hope Harry can review with some professionalism. At least we'll be sure to get plenty of updates."

Top Bottom