• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Hideo Kojima - Connecting Worlds" starring Hideo Kojima to premiere at Tribecafilm, followed by Q&A with Hideo Kojima

KOMANI

KOMANI
Not all

Jatv5Jg.jpg
i prefer the non photoshopped version

6RrWTmN.jpg

mrmustard

Banned
I'm sorry, had I realized you were sensitive to replies and take it personally, I wouldn't have upset you. Keep on, keeping on.
I'm not upset, it is just a pity if someone has to state the obvious and ruin it for some people.
Just like those 'This is fake! Look at me, look at me, i knew it before you!' guys under Youtube wrestling videos.

Anyways, have a nice day.

Toots

Gold Member
you would be surprised to find out how many think the previous image is real.
You do know that, were it not for his micropenis, Kojima would have wear the shirt with the arrow ?
He said so himself in an itw i cannot find the link unfortunately 🤷‍♀️

Thinks he's the Martin Scorsese of games, but he's the Bruno Mattei of games.
He made 3 masterpieces, MGS 1 to 3, and everything since has been levels of Christopher Nolan wannabe try hard shit.

Even other works like Snatcher and Policenauts where far more concise & cohesive than Death Stranding which is basically about was waffley as Control but with 3x the long windedness.

He's just not the one man messiah people think he is.

KOMANI

KOMANI
You do know that, were it not for his micropenis, Kojima would have wear the shirt with the arrow ?
He said so himself in an itw i cannot find the link unfortunately 🤷‍♀️
it is just a pity you have to state the obvious and ruin it for some people.
Just like those 'This is fake! Look at me, look at me, i knew it before you!' guys under Youtube wrestling videos.

RAIDEN1

If there was a way to interact in the Q and A ie taking questions online, I would ask him what chances of a remastered Snatcher and Policenauts? At least an official english version of Policenauts wouldn't go amiss!

RaduN

He made 3 masterpieces, MGS 1 to 3, and everything since has been levels of Christopher Nolan wannabe try hard shit.

Even other works like Snatcher and Policenauts where far more concise & cohesive than Death Stranding which is basically about was waffley as Control but with 3x the long windedness.

He's just not the one man messiah people think he is.
Still, you played all his games, including Death Stranding. You wouldn't have done that if you didn't find something in there for you to keep you interested.

I saw no one claiming he is messiah (literally no one, probably my fault for not looking in the right places), just a true, unapologetic auteur, highly experimental, with batshit crazy ideas that sometimes work and sometimes make you wonder if the guy is actualy sane at all.
Wouldn't have it any other way personally, as i'm sick of all the play safe shit we get from all angles of AAA gaming.

Bartski

Gold Member
Interesting, might get a ticket and go see it.
I'd totally go if I had the chance.

I will forever thake the piss out of his self aggrandizing antics but I do think he's a genius and I can't wait for what's coming next

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I wonder if he decants his farts before he huffs then.

“You have to let the fart breath a bit to really develop its flavors”

AGRacing

You all realize this is absolutely ridiculous right?

I mean who puts their own name on a movie about themselves. Ends with "I predicted the future". Even Steve Jobs wasn't that arrogant and he had about 10X the reason to be.

justonething

Jada's BFF
Ever since he jumped on social media he exposed himself as having a huge ego. Before all that nonsense he was seen as an enigma, full of mystery and wonder. Now he's just a self-important hollywood suck up with a huge ego. After leaving Konami he's done nothing impressive or innovative, pushed no boundaries as he had done with MGS. He's done with all that, he just wants to bask in glory and status and give no credit to his team.

Ever since he jumped on social media he exposed himself as having a huge ego. Before all that nonsense he was seen as an enigma, full of mystery and wonder. Now he's just a self-important hollywood suck up with a huge ego. After leaving Konami he's done nothing impressive or innovative, pushed no boundaries as he had done with MGS. He's done with all that, he just wants to bask in glory and status and give no credit to his team.

You all realize this is absolutely ridiculous right?

I mean who puts their own name on a movie about themselves. Ends with "I predicted the future". Even Steve Jobs wasn't that arrogant and he had about 10X the reason to be.

Aging like wine lol

Toots

Gold Member
I don't understand why they don't also tell that it's based on an original idea by Kojima developed by Kojima, with a screenplay by Kojima and Kojima as executive producer...

"Hideo Kojima is widely regarded as the first auteur of video games"
Knowing Kojitron love for cinema, he (because we know who wrote that crap) must mean "auteur" as in cinéma d'auteur so Truffaut's stuff or any of the nouvelle vague directors for that matter. However his stories and directing gimmicks could not be farther from what were advocating those directors. It's like James Cameron saying "i was inspired by Hitchcock (or Tarkowsky) when i made Terminator II". Wild claim indeed.

I cant wait to see more DS2. We probably gonna see it 2 times in the next month. PS showcase (if it happens) and summer games fest for sure
I was surprised it wasn't at Sony's so called "showcase". I really enjoyed DS1 and want too see more of DS2.

Neff

There's no question he makes great games but he's also prone to self-indulgent cringe overload as that trailer perfectly attests.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Not sure he is aware of the issue with his name being everywhere and is just exaggerating it as a joke or if he has a ego this big.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

What's wrong with a huge ego? Does it make you feel less than?

And have you played........

Norman Reedus Loop GIF by Xbox
Norman Reedus Delivery GIF by PlayStation
Death Stranding Playstation GIF
Norman Reedus Jump GIF by PlayStation

Last edited:
Top Bottom