• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF's Inaugural League: The Eternal War of Downer VS SLRP

Ramirez

What is this?

This my friends is the home of our first ever HaloGAF league. It's opening season will be restricted to 2v2, perhaps expanding out to 4v4 if successful.

This particular league is open to only US/Canadians. I'm sorry Euro HaloGAF, the timezone difference just doesn't make it realistic. Feel free to copy all of this & make a Euro league, we could then have a battle of both leagues winners at the end of each season.

Neat, how do I sign up?

You shoot a PM my way, only one member of your team needs to do this. Sign ups will be first served to long time HaloGAF members, then opened up to the general GAF public if we can't fill out the league.

How is this gonna be structured?

We've also had to adjust the "standings" structure of the league since we didn't come close to the desired amount of teams. The new rules are as follows,

We will be using a ladder system. For week one, every team is worth +5 points. Starting in week 2, beating a team higher than you will net you +10 points. Losing to a team higher than you will net you a -5. Beating a team lower than you will also net you +5, but losing to a lesser team will dock you -10. Doubling the points for lower/higher teams will keep it interesting, and make it so that once a team gets down in the ladder, it isn't impossible for them to climb back up.

-The league will follow a 14 game schedule, with 3 day advance periods. So, for example, you get your matchups on Monday morning, the league would then advance on Wednesday night. This gives you 3 days to get your match in, any longer and you run the risk of killing interest!

-The gametypes/maps will be the same for everyone from week to week, probably switching up a little every week. The game obviously doesn't have a large map pool for doubles at this time, so it might turn out to be the same 3 maps every week, with the only thing changing being Slayer Pro/Infinity Slayer. We will be doing a best out of 3 series for every weekly matchup.

-If teams cannot meet up within the allotted time, a loss will be handed out to both teams unless it is obvious one team made more of an effort to get the game in than the other, in which case the team that tried would be given the win.

General Guidelines/Rules

-This league is meant to be competitive, but at the end of the day, we're all bros here! Remember that. Respect your fellow members, don't be a douche, and remember we're all taking time out of our personal lives here to do this, and no one likes to waste their time.

-Speaking of time, this is going to take up a lot of your free time to be successful. A lot of us have kids, wives, school, work, etc. If you don't think you can find the time to complete a 3 game series every 3 days, then please don't sign up.

-Communication is key for a successful league, and that means using this thread for all league discussion. Try to not post it in the community OT, letting this thread sink into oblivion. Once we get closer to starting, I'd like everyone to share messenger handles to make it easier to schedule matchups.

-I hope I never have to enforce this, but we'll have a 3 strike system. If people are constantly complaining about something you're doing, and you do nothing to rectify it, your team will be replaced after the 3rd warning. If you're the type of person who rage quits because you lose, then don't even bother!

-In the event of someone lagging out of the game, the game continues on, if the person is able to get back on, then they are free to join the game again. If they can't get back on, then their team is just down a man, tough titties!

-On that same note, if a teammate has to go on vacation, or some other uncontrollable situation arises, then the commishes will have a list of approved subs that we will choose to place on your team for that week.

-The winners of the first season will be compensated with a prize of some sort, worst case scenario, a XBL points card, best case scenario, who knows?!

I think that covers most of the broad topics. We plan on starting this 3-4 weeks after release. Maps/Gametypes/Loadouts will be nailed down in the coming week, and we will post back when we decide. If you need to contact us about anything, feel free:

Commissioners (For now)

Ramirez

-GAF PM
-AIM: CtownSkins3
-Twitter: @RamirezTJ

Tashi:

-GAF PM
-AIM: NINJAVAZEE3
-Twitter: @tashi0106

If you dedicate the time to making this successful, I can guarantee you that this will be one of, if not best things you'll ever participate in on GAF, so let's do it!

Oh, and we could use some of you with photoshop skills to make us some snazzy banners for divisions/conferences & such. PM Tashi for what we need exactly, thanks!

Official Gametypes & Map combos can be found here. No PV or Camo allowed in loadouts. Be sure to altar the respawn timers to 5 seconds.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44893153&postcount=133

Week 1 Matchups:

-Tashi & Ryaaaaan VS. Trey & Cabbie- Winners: Trey & Cabbie

-Heckfu & Tunavi VS. HenryGale & Buddermilk Forfeit by both teams

-Ramirez & Trasher VS. Aggro & Brocheman- Winners: Ram & Trash

-Nutter & Blood VS. Omlet & Thermight -Winners: Omlet & Thermight

-Plywood & Barrow Roll VS. Risen & Rackham Forfeit by both teams

-Tawpgun & Grayman VS. Wahrer & Sai Kun Winners: Tawp/Starwolf

Week 2 Matchups & Gametypes:

- Ram & Trasher VS. Omlet & Thermight- Winners: Omlet & Thermight

- Nutter & Blood VS. Heckfu & Tunavi- Winners: Nutter & Blood

- Tashi & Ryaaan VS. Tawpgun & Starwolf- Winners: Tashi & Ryaaaan

- Trey & Cabbie VS. Plywood & Barrow Winners: Barrow & Plywood

- Aggro & Broche VS. Sai & Wahrer Winners: Aggro & Broche

Week 3 Matchups:

-Domino & Thermight (+10) VS. Heckfu & Tunavi (-10)

-Ramirez & Trasher (0) VS. Wahrer & Sai (-10)

-Tashi & Ryaaan (+5) VS. Plywood & Barrow (0)

-Nutter & Blood (0) VS. Trey & Cabbie (0)

-Bregmann & Aggro (0) VS. Tawp & Starwolf (-5)

Map & Gametypes:

-Slayer Pro on Lockout

-Infinity Slayer on Haven

-Slayer Pro on Guardian

Tentative advance date is Thursday night/Friday morning.

Ladder Standings as of now:

(1) Omlet/Thermight +10 Points
(2)Tashi/Ryaaaan +5 Points
(3) Trey/Cabbie 0 Points
(4) Nutter/Blood 0 Points
(5) Trasher/Ramirez: 0 Points
(6) Bregmann/Aggro: 0 Points
(7) Plywood/Barrow 0 Points
(8)Tawp/Starwolf -5 Points
(11) Wahrer/Sai -10 Points
(12) Heckfu/Tunavi -10 Points

Nutter

Lets do this.

meetmesomewherevr0n6.gif

Omni

This particular league is open to only US/Canadians. I'm sorry Euro HaloGAF, the timezone difference just doesn't make it realistic.

I guess Australians are out of the question then? Hah :|

Ramirez

I guess Australians are out of the question then? Hah :|

Yea...sorry! I wish we could accommodate everyone, but the reality of it is, timezones & possible connection issues would probably kill the league before it even got off the ground.

I really do believe there is enough overseas presence here that someone could copy the OT & make it successful. Just a matter of someone stepping up & running it.

Nutter

Blue Team (placeholder)

TJ NutterB
Xenolock*

awaiting reply

Also if large number of Europeans and Aussie's show interest, perhaps it would be a good idea to throw together a Euro League? (But the coordinator would have to be from those places)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea...sorry! I wish we could accommodate everyone, but the reality of it is, timezones & possible connection issues would probably kill the league before it even got off the ground.

I really do believe there is enough overseas presence here that someone could copy the OT & make it successful. Just a matter of someone stepping up & running it.

Agreed.

Are you allowed to team with players outside of GAF?
EDIT: Not that I dislike anyone at all btw! I just have a buddy I play with all the time, and we work well together.

Ramirez

Are you allowed to team with players outside of GAF?
EDIT: Not that I dislike anyone at all btw! I just have a buddy I play with all the time, and we work well together.

Negative, this is an in house HaloGAF league. I need the people to at least be members of NeoGAF if nothing else. Having an account to post & participate in scheduling/discussion is critical to the success.

Risen

Do we need to post team names also? When will you post a list of teams? When is the official start?

Ramirez

Do we need to post team names also? When will you post a list of teams? When is the official start?

If you want to make a name, sure. I'll post the list of teams once we hit the max number (might have to down size if not enough people want int) & the we're aiming to start in 3-4 weeks, maybe sooner if we get everything lined out.

Nutter

Damn Nutter, I had already promised Barrow a week back.

Well there's always next time. <3

So is that a yes? :p

If not then im still open for a team mate. We need more people in this bitch though. Not many have even checked this out yet.

Risen

Team Name: Saggy Baggins
Motto: Old bags make the best tea
Roster: Risen GT: Risen GBG; Mazer Rackham GT: Darth Chibius

Nutter

If Barrow pulls out from an unforeseen injury to his hands or something.

Otherwise I can't, sorry.

He lives in Vancouver doesn't he? *grin*

lol, anywho Blood where the f are you!

Also if ANYONE had doubts on the gameplay itself at this point.. seeing the MLG stream should show you how much more fun this game is to even watch compared to Reach.

Top Bottom