• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF's Inaugural League: The Eternal War of Downer VS SLRP

Karl2177

Even though I've had super smooth connections, you might want to divide up the conferences based on location; e.g. east coast and west coast.

FourDoor

Man I really want to join but my schedule is just too hectic to commit... :(

Any chance you guys are putting together a random Reserves list for those that have a legitimate excuse to not be be able to make the games?

Ramirez

Yea, I need to go through the team list & see who traded their game in. :p I'll update it tomorrow and talk to Tashi about the final settings and we'll get it going.

In the year 2000.

conan-year2000.jpg

Trasher

zzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

*wake us, when you need us*

zzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
League maps and gametypes are as follows:

Gametypes:

1. Infinity Slayer
2. Slayer Semi-Pro
3. Slayer Pro

1a. Infinity Slayer Settings:
-No Promethean Vision allowed
-No Camo allowed
-Score to win 300
-Points to Personal Ordnance 200
-*NEW*Respawn 5 seconds*NEW*

2a. Slayer Semi-Pro Settings (Slayer Pro but with these changes)
-Radar Enabled
-Score to win 300

3a. Slayer Pro
-Score to win 300

The settings have such minor tweaks that you guys should be able to change the settings yourselves.

Maps:
Haven
Relay
Abandon

There are 6 total gametype and map combinations. Each week every match will take place on a randomly selected group of 3. These are the possible gametypes and setting combinations

1. Infinity Slayer on Haven
2. Slayer Pro on Haven
3. Slayer Semi Pro on Relay
4. Slayer Semi Pro on Abandon
5. Slayer Pro on Relay
6. Slayer Pro on Abandon

A possible match can look like this:

Game 1: Slayer Semi-Pro on Relay
Game 2: Infinity Slayer on Haven
Game 3: Slayer Pro on Abandon

The following week will be another set of 3 matches.

Map pool and settings can change Mid-season Ram and I feel we should. Please leave feedback on gametypes after you've played your matches on each week.

See you guys on the battlefield!

2v2 up to 300 is a pretty good sweetspot. Relay is a great map for that too. I ran a lan not long ago and used Slayer Pro settings just up to 300 without Ordnance drops.

Any chance of combining this with the Euro league? I fear for the dwindling numbers :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What are the match ups?

We'll have those coming later tonight.

2v2 up to 300 is a pretty good sweetspot. Relay is a great map for that too. I ran a lan not long ago and used Slayer Pro settings just up to 300 without Ordnance drops.

Any chance of combining this with the Euro league? I fear for the dwindling numbers :p

It's a guaranteed shit show and I think we all know that.

Ramirez

Week 1 Matchups:

-Tashi & Ryaaaaan VS. Trey & Cabbie

-Heckfu & Tunavi VS. HenryGale & Buddermilk

-Ramirez & Trasher VS. Aggro & Brocheman- Winners: Ram & Trash

-Nutter & Blood VS. Omlet & Thermight

-Plywood & Barrow Roll VS. Risen & Rackham

-Tawpgun & Grayman VS. Wahrer & Sai Kun

This weeks map & gametype combos for EVERYONE are:

2. Slayer Pro on Relay
3. Slayer Semi Pro on Abandon

We've also had to adjust the "standings" structure of the league since we didn't come close to the desired amount of teams. The new rules are as follows,

We will be using a ladder system. For week one, every team is worth +5 points. Starting in week 2, beating a team higher than you will net you +10 points. Losing to a team higher than you will net you a -5. Beating a team lower than you will also net you +5, but losing to a lesser team will dock you -10. Doubling the points for lower/higher teams will keep it interesting, and make it so that once a team gets down in the ladder, it isn't impossible for them to climb back up.

Every team will play each other twice, and after that, the top 8 teams will move on to a playoff system, leaving only 4 teams on the outside looking in. Let's make this a success boys & girls!

Remember, 3 day advances, so you have until Sunday night to get these done.

Trasher

Week 1 Matchups:

-Tashi & Ryaaaaan VS. Trey & Cabbie

-Heckfu & Tunavi VS. HenryGale & Buddermilk

-Ramirez & Trasher VS. Aggro & Brocheman

-Nutter & Blood VS. Omlet & Thermight

-Plywood & Barrow Roll VS. Risen & Rackham

-Tawpgun & Grayman VS. Wahrer & Sai Kun

This weeks map & gametype combos for EVERYONE are:

2. Slayer Pro on Relay
3. Slayer Semi Pro on Abandon

We've also had to adjust the "standings" structure of the league since we didn't come close to the desired amount of teams. The new rules are as follows,

We will be using a ladder system. For week one, every team is worth +5 points. Starting in week 2, beating a team higher than you will net you +10 points. Losing to a team higher than you will net you a -5. Beating a team lower than you will also net you +5, but losing to a lesser team will dock you -10. Doubling the points for lower/higher teams will keep it interesting, and make it so that once a team gets down in the ladder, it isn't impossible for them to climb back up.

Every team will play each other twice, and after that, the top 8 teams will move on to a playoff system, leaving only 4 teams on the outside looking in. Let's make this a success boys & girls!

Remember, 3 day advances, so you have until Sunday night to get these done.

One matchup to rule them all.

And in the darkness......
iiiiiiddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyiiiiittttttttttttssssssss

Wow, this is the worst possible time for this league to start for me. I am leaving town to visit a friend for the weekend. Won't be back home until Monday afternoon.

Aggrotek

If 10 PM Eastern tomorrow works for you and Trasher I may be able to get myself in front of an xbox for the inevitable ass-whooping Team50%TJ has in store for us.

10 is good for me, I can do earlier as well. Ram said nights were better for them, but I am free all day tomorrow.

Tawpgun

Waitwaitwait. THis is week 1. Not up until Monday. Thats like no time.

It's my birthday weekend. I can't play while drunk. I gotta carry!

Top Bottom