• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halt and Catch Fire |OT| Starring Lee Pace - Sundays 10/9c - S1 now on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. AMC.com has episodes 5-8 though.
These are the sorts of silly things that make me think about if they understand that they're creating their own stopping block to their shows gaining viewers. It's even sillier when you realize it's the company that's so smart about putting Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad's latest seasons up on Netflix a week before their new seasons, which gave Breaking Bad such a monstrous boost.

maxcriden

Nope. AMC.com has episodes 5-8 though.

Thanks Ratsky!

These are the sorts of silly things that make me think about if they understand that they're creating their own stopping block to their shows gaining viewers. It's even sillier when you realize it's the company that's so smart about putting Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad's latest seasons up on Netflix a week before their new seasons, which gave Breaking Bad such a monstrous boost.

Yeah, I agree. I'd really like to catch up on this show but I don't see myself buying the first eps on iTunes just to do so. So I guess I'll wait for the DVD at this point, and get it from my local library.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

It's par for the course, I'm afraid. Most channels only make the last 4-5 episodes available for free while the season is airing. I can understand not wanting full seasons to be made available for free online during off seasons (because no one would buy the season on dvd or itunes or whatever) but they really should be made available when the season is airing so people can catch up and watch the rest of the season live.

I believe that's what History Channel does with Vikings and it seems to work pretty well for them.

NYR

Maaaan, absolutely but wrenching decision. Good episode, but fuck the twist about the competing portable - they managed tom it something together that quick?!?

Here is hoping they keep the show, the actor playing Joe McMillian is paying the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy, so that might help with some exposure.

For some reason, I thought this was the season finale, would have been a good point to end it, killer ending. Would have been better if that was Steve Jobs, lol.

Maaaan, absolutely but wrenching decision. Good episode, but fuck the twist about the competing portable - they managed tom it something together that quick?!?

Here is hoping they keep the show, the actor playing Joe McMillian is paying the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy, so that might help with some exposure.

For some reason, I thought this was the season finale, would have been a good point to end it, killer ending. Would have been better if that was Steve Jobs, lol.

He also played in The Hobbit.

589979.jpg

undrtakr900

It's making me sadder and sadder that this is going to get canceled. FUCK I like this show!
Same here. I started watching cause the premise peaked my interest, but now it's become a show I'm actually excited to see what happens next.

Hope it's not cancelled, how are the ratings?

I was wondering
when the Macintosh would make an appearance. I knew this was all supposedly '83, but the demo for Mac in '84 would have a pretty nuts impact on this "amazing machine" from the Cardiff bunch. CLI is CLI, even if it "talks" to you.

ruxtpin

Banned
I was wondering
when the Macintosh would make an appearance. I knew this was all supposedly '83, but the demo for Mac in '84 would have a pretty nuts impact on this "amazing machine" from the Cardiff bunch. CLI is CLI, even if it "talks" to you.

Yeah, same here. Seeing as how the show creates it's own fake products (i.e. sodas), I was wondering what "real" tech items we'd see from the period.

I do not want this to get cancelled! I think it had a slow start, but now it's got it's hooks in me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The last few episodes have been pretty good - certainly better than Turn ever was. I think it would be a shame if AMC cancelled it, but they're gonna do what they're gonna do, I suppose.

Loved the line about "touch screens being a fad" or something along those lines while they were walking the floor and discussing new products.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Just watched the episode. That final scene illicited an enormous amount of frisson. My stomach turned. It was excellent.

RangersFan

This show has certainly picked up to finish off the season. As a watched of Turn I would have prefer this show to get renewed instead of Turn.

MisterHero

The twists in this show are great because characters only become more compelling. That said I hope everything turns out alright for them!

I know everyone came to worship Apple in a few decades' time, but the one-button mouse was stupid then and it's stupid now!

I did most of my school computin' learnin' on Apple II so I guess it has some importance

DaveH

My familiarity with this part of history makes the show compelling but also fatalistic. I like it, but I almost feel like I don't need any more because there's no way for this to end but in tears.

Klocker

Have to say... A little rough around the edges still but the last episode was much better than the first few weeks by far.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This episode wasn't half bad. I like how they're struggling to keep up at every turn.

However, I don't know what to make of the replica. It seemed like it would be a bigger issue. I know that removing the interactive OS was a huge loss, but I mean there's still a replica out there.

Schlep

If AMC has any sense, they'll bite the bullet and order a second season, hoping for the Netflix bump. The first half of the season was rough, but it's easy seeing this as their next big show. The last 2-3 episodes have been better than any of the other junk series they've thrown out there the past couple years.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Is it just me or is Cameron a huge crybaby? Couldnt joe have just said this is what were going to sell to make money and we will put your os into the next generation? Some of the relationship dynamics feel really forced.

jonnyp

If AMC has any sense, they'll bite the bullet and order a second season, hoping for the Netflix bump. The first half of the season was rough, but it's easy seeing this as their next big show. The last 2-3 episodes have been better than any of the other junk series they've thrown out there the past couple years.

Yeah, I seriously hope this isn't cancelled :(

msv

Is it just me or is Cameron a huge crybaby? Couldnt joe have just said this is what were going to sell to make money and we will put your os into the next generation? Some of the relationship dynamics feel really forced.
No I felt the same. They had to undercut, otherwise everything would be obsolete. Why not just provide two different versions though. One home use, and one business. Be both the ferarri in the front and the stationwagon in the back.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fantastic episode. I feel bad for Cameron but Joe and Gordon did what they had to do to survive. But she honestly does have every right to be angry. She worked on it for months and even quit college to do this...and now her work won't even be seen.

ido

I don't know how you guys could say all of the melodrama and obvious analogies are this show getting better.

I laughed my ass off at the brick. I said out loud as soon as they got weird about the window "hahaha and he has a brick!"

Just rewatched episode 6.

He gets the brick when being conned at the toy store for the Cabbage Patch.

ezekial45

Banned
Apparently this last episode had the lowest ratings of the series. It was the best episode of thus far and it did the worst in ratings. >_<

Well, this show was good while it lasted.

ezekial45

Banned
Here's a tumblr post from one of the series' creators. Currently, there's no word on what's gonna happen with season 2. AMC is still undecided at this point. Though interestingly enough, the show's DVR numbers have been pretty decent, more than double than the live ratings.

Anyway, it's a good read. The creators started out without any experience with TV writing and they ended up getting their script to AMC. There's a scrapbook showing the production too.

http://ifyoucantwell.tumblr.com/post/93599527907/how-to-halt-and-catch-fire-a-users-guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom