• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halt And Catch Fire S3 |OT| Great Minds Don't Always Think Alike - Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show deserves a lot more attention. But I think getting season 4 is perfect, I'd rather they end it on a high note and can't see them moving the story beyond the 90's.

Ryck

Catching up on Netflix. This show becomes better with each season. Its incredible. They do right by their characters, each one enthralling. Each one you feel sympathic over. I think its one of my favorite series of all time.

My exact feelings, I didn't know this show existed ( I don't have cable) until I couldn't sleep one night and watched some documentary on Netflix called: Silicon Cowboys about the rise of Compaq in the 80's. It had a few clips from HACF on it and I googled it and was shocked to see it was also on Netflix. I started binging it and even my wife got hooked on it halfway thru season 1 ( we get to go back and watch S1 now). I watched all three seasons in about three weeks, we finished season three last night and I am so excited that we get another season to finish things off.

Really sad to see the ratings on the last page, I think this may be my all time favorite show now. Will have to let it digest a bit to see if it topples Six Feet Under for me. We were honestly shocked and blind-sighted by "You Are Not Safe" and Ryan's decision. We were in the middle of a nice binging session and we had to stop to just process the episode. Although Ryan was a newer character it still had a huge impact on me.

So when does Season 4 drop?

So what has Donna ever really contributed to this team?

She was the one that knew Community (social media and connecting people) was going to be huge. Remember Cam almost axed it completely?

Late summer/early fall.

Where are you getting this from? Just because S3 started around then as well? Genuinely curious as I am anxious for an air date.

I read a Scoot McNairy interview where he suggested that they didn't start filming until I believe March of this year, so I was worried we'd bleed over into 2018.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Good this thread got bumped, I need to catch up on this season. Just read a recap of s2 to refresh my memory. So apparently this is the best season? Can't wait!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Where are you getting this from? Just because S3 started around then as well? Genuinely curious as I am anxious for an air date.

I read a Scoot McNairy interview where he suggested that they didn't start filming until I believe March of this year, so I was worried we'd bleed over into 2018.

Kg3jjbB.png

KodaRuss

Good this thread got bumped, I need to catch up on this season. Just read a recap of s2 to refresh my memory. So apparently this is the best season? Can't wait!

Looking back on it I think it might be the best. I didnt love Season 2 personally but Season 3 was awesome.

I cant wait to see how it all ends.

My exact feelings, I didn't know this show existed ( I don't have cable) until I couldn't sleep one night and watched some documentary on Netflix called: Silicon Cowboys about the rise of Compaq in the 80's. It had a few clips from HACF on it and I googled it and was shocked to see it was also on Netflix. I started binging it and even my wife got hooked on it halfway thru season 1 ( we get to go back and watch S1 now). I watched all three seasons in about three weeks, we finished season three last night and I am so excited that we get another season to finish things off.

Really sad to see the ratings on the last page, I think this may be my all time favorite show now. Will have to let it digest a bit to see if it topples Six Feet Under for me. We were honestly shocked and blind-sighted by "You Are Not Safe" and Ryan's decision. We were in the middle of a nice binging session and we had to stop to just process the episode. Although Ryan was a newer character it still had a huge impact on me.

So when does Season 4 drop?

She was the one that knew Community (social media and connecting people) was going to be huge. Remember Cam almost axed it completely?

As someone who's watched this show since the beginning and shares your love for it, it will be bittersweet to watch it come to a close, but it's probably for the best. This show is like the dramatic version of Silicon Valley (a sitcom on HBO); you can only watch the main characters come close to greatness and fail so many times. The low ratings are a shame for a show this good.

Ryck

As someone who's watched this show since the beginning and shares your love for it, it will be bittersweet to watch it come to a close, but it's probably for the best. This show is like the dramatic version of Silicon Valley (a sitcom on HBO); you can only watch the main characters come close to greatness and fail so many times. The low ratings are a shame for a show this good.
Yeah unfortunately it does have to end. I would rather that then a drawn out season with filler or whatever. Four seasons nice and tight. Perfection.

Did anyone else LOL at the name of Boz's boat?

SVP OF SAILS

soooo good

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Ever since the first season I thought it was nuts that this show was even greenlit. It was always going to have a niche audience, but making it to a fourth season is kind of a miracle and I'm grateful for it. I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but if you're a fan of the series I highly recommend watching the Silicon Cowboys documentary on Netflix. It's a pretty cool recap of the history of Compaq, which the series borrows from heavily.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Because of The Knick and Quarry, when I saw this thread was bumped I thought it might have been cancelled and I got really angry.

NYR

Season 4 premieres on Saturday, August 19.

Trailer:
https://youtu.be/Fb-UWCT-eR4

http://tvline.com/2017/06/27/halt-and-catch-fire-season-4-premiere-date-trailer-amc/
Fire up those modems, Halt and Catch Fire fans: AMC has announced a premiere date for the computer drama’s fourth and final season… and released some intriguing first-look footage as well.

Season 4 of Halt will debut Saturday, Aug. 19 at 9/8c, the network announced on Tuesday, with a two-hour premiere. And judging by the teaser above, we’re entering the early days of the Internet, with an excited Gordon saying: “We’re building it together… and it’s awesome!” (Well… just wait until you see what a mess it turns into, Gordo.)

The teaser also offers glimpses of Donna sipping Champagne at a new job (“You know this office is a boys’ club”), Cameron — still sporting that long, brown hair — sulking on her bed (“It feels like this weird dream”) and new cast addition Anna Chlumsky happily shaking Gordon’s hand. Plus, old lovers/rivals Cameron and Joe’s paths cross once again when he shows up on her doorstep. Does he need to enlist her coding genius one last time?

NYR

Nice! I think the show will do better on Saturdays instead of Tuesdays. (not that it matters)
Agreed, Don't think it matters. I doubt most episodes will get 250k viewers, especially on a Saturday, but the renewal was more of a statement on AMC's part for rewarding a completely under-rated show.

I honestly believe this show is the next "The Wire", no one appreciated it when it was on but thanks to Netflix, I think more people will realize what a great show they missed.

Pau

Just finished watching the season finale and I dunno, I'm disappointed. I really loved season 2 especially the positive relationship between two female programmers. Now it's back to just one girl and two guys and Donna is set up as an antagonist. Now it just feels like "women can't get along" and it just sucks.

Maybe they'll throw a curve ball like how it was set up for Joe to be the main antagonist in season 3 but that barely happened and he was forgiven and brought back into the fold.

big ander

Just finished watching the season finale and I dunno, I'm disappointed. I really loved season 2 especially the positive relationship between two female programmers. Now it's back to just one girl and two guys and Donna is set up as an antagonist. Now it just feels like "women can't get along" and it just sucks.

Maybe they'll throw a curve ball like how it was set up for Joe to be the main antagonist in season 3 but that barely happened and he was forgiven and brought back into the fold.
I kinda get what you mean but isn't the way Donna and Cam fall apart at least interesting? They don't come apart because of "woman problems," but because they're both extremely smart and principled and believably flawed. And they're tragically unable to keep together once their mutual trust begins to crumble. It's hard to watch, which is what makes it great drama.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Alan Sepinwall and Brian Grubb talked about the first 3 episodes of the season on the newest installment of their TV Avalanche podcast - they didn't say too much because they didn't want to spoil anything, but they were very positive! :D

pswii60

Ah my favourite show returns so soon. I'm going to wait until all episodes have aired then watch in one go. And I'm going to savour every second of it and be really sad when it all ends :(

Something about this show really does it for me. I love the era, setting, characters. The first series was definitely the high point though.

I just love this show. I'm older around here at 46, so this show is my childhood. I grew up as personal computers started and evolved into what we have today. So this show is part reliving the excitement of innovation and part seeing what happened behind the scenes on a personal level with the shows characters. It all feels pitch perfect to me.

Man i remember finding this show a bit middling during its first season but as the show progressed it got better and better

Now it's one of the best things on tv. Hyped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom