• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Han Solo Film: Frontrunners for female lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You think I'm gonna end up marryin' some sort of princess someday or something?!"

9sxHPBx.jpg

Kreed

He doesn't look like him as much as glover could. But glover just can't shake off his nerdy vibes. It works well for him in Atlanta tho but still he is the definition of #swagless

Shameik can pull off Lando a lot better I imagine. Shaolin Fantastic was a boss.

We're still talking about actors at the end of the day, and you can't base their acting abilities solely off of past roles/how they are in real life. Example, you're listing Shameik now because of his role in "The Get Down". Before that role, he was in the movie "Dope" where he played a nerd/outcast character in high school. If he hadn't done "The Get Down", I doubt anyone in this thread would be name dropping him based solely off of his role in "Dope", especially as an alternative to Donald Glover.

Carl2291

The Obi-Wan spinoff is inevitable, they will just wait until the stench of the prequels has fully cleared before going back into pre-ANH territory on screen.

We're literally going into pre-ANH territory on screen in less than 100 days.

Obi-Wan is such a major main character. I always thought they could make a trilogy or mini-series of films with him. Maybe they're waiting until after Episode IX.

My thoughts were that if they do decide to make an Obi-Wan trilogy instead of a single film, it would make a great stand-in for the Saga films in the odd years, so that they can space out IX and the inevitable 4th Saga trilogy (X, XI, and XII). He's one of the most significant characters in all of Star Wars, his stories would form as connective tissue for the OT and PT, and it generally would scratch a similar itch to the proper Saga films, unlike Han Solo and the other eventual spin-offs.

So:
2019 - XI
2021 - Obi-Wan 1
2023 - Obi-Wan 2
2025 - Obi-Wan 3
2027 - X

Obviously with anthology films in the years in between. Personally I'd prefer the gap between XI and X to be even longer than that (I like 10-15), but 8 years isn't that much shorter than the gap between III and VII and they could always find another film to help stretch it out a bit further.

Seigyoku

The first was Quinlan Voss in TPM, followed iirc by Aayla Secura in AOTC.

Vos was retconed into ep 1. They decided an extra was actually him undercover. It wasn't meant to be Vos when the movie came out.

And I will never get all this Obi-wan movie screaming. He was sitting in his desert hovel being bored and getting old, occasionally talking to Yoda. GREAT MOVIE!

We're still talking about actors at the end of the day, and you can't base their acting abilities solely off of past roles/how they are in real life. Example, you're listing Shameik now because of his role in "The Get Down". Before that role, he was in the movie "Dope" where he played a nerd/outcast character in high school. If he hadn't done "The Get Down", I doubt anyone in this thread would be name dropping him based solely off of his role in "Dope", especially as an alternative to Donald Glover.

Reckon the difference is Donald Glover tried playing a smooth guy in the past and it didn't play.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
And I will never get all this Obi-wan movie screaming. He was sitting in his desert hovel being bored and getting old, occasionally talking to Yoda. GREAT MOVIE!

I'd say it's a very good thing that you are not a screenwriter, as you seem to have no imagination whatsoever.

Pitch:
Obi Wan is in exile, watching over Luke. Darth Sidious with his mystic Sith witchcraft has devised a way to locate Force sensitives en masse throughout the galaxy and is plotting to build an army of younglings forced into torturous training to make them evil and shit. Yoda gathers the handful of last remaining Jedi together in a last ditch effort to stop the Emperor's machinations. It's Rogue One in reverse -- all Jedi going undercover, infiltrating stuff, blowing stuff up, etc.. Jedi Suicide Squad?

It'll be a sort of deconstruction of the prequels portrayal of the old Jedi Order as the various Jedi characters are broken down and the psychology of them as they face their extinction is fully revealed.

Everyone has the right to their Star Wars fan fiction, but fuck a Kenobi of Arabia movie

Seigyoku

I'd say it's a very good thing that you are not a screenwriter, as you seem to have no imagination whatsoever.

More like the SW interlude comics and such have again and again made the point that Kenobi wasn't off having adventures. He was watching over Luke and learning how to become one with the Force and feeling bad about Anakin.

Make up your fanfics if you like, but the people in charge seem pretty happy to let his exile be just that, and exile. The best you can hope for is MAYBE an appearance on Rebels.

(Also I am not a screenwriter not because of my lack of imagination, but because I can't actually write endings to the lunacy my brain comes up with.)

SpaceWolf

Banned
More like the SW interlude comics and such have again and again made the point that Kenobi wasn't off having adventures.

...I assume you‘re referring to the "comics and such" that are no longer canon?

...even those that DO depict Obi Wan going off-world post-EP4 to have adventures?

latest

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It would be great if they integrated the upcoming Maul/Obi-Wan showdown into an Obi-Wan film, but I think that would be a fridge too far for the casual moviegoer and will stay in Rebels.

More like the SW interlude comics and such have again and again made the point that Kenobi wasn't off having adventures. He was watching over Luke and learning how to become one with the Force and feeling bad about Anakin.

Eh? This makes no sense whatsoever for so many reasons.

Edit: The above post being 2 of those reasons.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I hoping Naomi Scott gets the part. Tessa and Zoe will be fine. Tessa, specifically, but I would like to see more young actors get a hold in the industry,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom