• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

handytips.info Rumor: Microsoft to 'reintroduce' Xbox1 @ event/may lower price to 399

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyfish

"Planning? Shhhhh ... naw, man. We just throw this thing together and people will fall all over themselves to get it! We don't even need to think about it!"

Two months later ...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
that would be the fastest price cut ever, if the hardware were on par i would definitely be tempted due to the kinect.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I said before that they should do something like this. I'm not sure this is at al reliable, but I still think that they should.

Hale-XF11

I wonder if they've finally realized yet that blaming their potential customers for not understanding their message is not the way to go about creating sales.

If they rebuilt the system and move the Power Brick outside the system then i would be interested at $399, but otherwise i don't want a Giant VCR..

Raist

Banned
cboat who? I always go to handytips.info for my reliable gaming rumours.

Would be quite fun if true though.

Mrbob

From what I'm hearing - no, just no.

I don't see it happening unless they drop Kinect 2.

I have no idea what their sales forecast is for $499, but they would have to chop off 100 dollars of revenue per unit at $399. Is MS willing to go that deep into the red? It might make the Surface write off look small by comparison.

Krakn3Dfx

Handtips.info?OK

handy_tips2[1].jpg

Majmun

drm woops just kidding
shitting on indies woops just kidding
$499 woops just kidding

at least they're fixing mistakes, but they haven't given me any reason to trust them for a while.

I'm waiting for the "mandatory kinect woops just kidding" before I'm interested.

At this point, the damage is done. People have already reserved their PS4s. They are handling this right, though. They had to do this.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've been wondering if this could happen.

I don't see how Microsoft could think about launching at $500 with a camera so many people don't want or will ever use. Not when PS4 is $400 with so much good press. And having seen what happened when PS3 launched against 360.

Fletcher

Dumb for them as a company for a lot of reasons. Since i'm already buying one for $499, however, I would be cool with saving the 100.

USC-fan

Banned
Good news.

Drop the price and just make it work without kinect. If ms wants to lose it shirt packing in something no one wants. Let them and people can just throw it away.

Spy

Why do people post rumors from websites that no one has ever heard of? I feel like registering useless domains and posting 'rumors' to see if the NeoGAF catches on. Someone help me decide what my first rumor should be.

meehh. initial damage is done already. itll need longer than a few months.

right now they are trying to win back the fanboys that want to get an xbox, but just know they can't commit and sadly fleed to the ps4.

Vico

Last time I was told not to believe to a random website looking for clicks, we ended up seeing the Xbox One reversal. I can hope.

But we're not talking about Sony here.

It would be. The Kinetic by itself cost $500, it would be a financial risk. And this myth about MS having all this money, no...they don't that much either. They aren't even one of the top ten on any forbes list. Just because they make money, doesn't mean they automatically don't have to worry about financial hits.

labaronx

lmao why would they need to preorders are already well ahead of the 360 and its only launching in a handful of countries

might as well get the most out of early adopters while they can

drm woops just kidding
shitting on indies woops just kidding
$499 woops just kidding

at least they're fixing mistakes, but they haven't given me any reason to trust them for a while.
Pretty much this.

They've lost so much credibility on the back of their decision making and backing-down.

In this country if a politician changes their mind they get lambasted and made to feel ridiculous, but normally I feel everyone is over-reacting and backing down is nothing to be ashamed of but the trouble is if you perform so many u-turns then you end up looking like a joke and completely inept and unable to make good decisions in the first place.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It's amazing how many insiders there are these days, and how many insiders out there are willing to leak information. I mean.. I've known that handytips has provided so much valuable insider information in the past, how can we possibly doubt this?

By the way, I have an insider tip about an insider provided to be by another insider that says the insider tip is already too far inside.

Gorillaz

They are eventually going to do it. It's all a matter of how and when.

Still think they will wait for the holidays to pass before they do something that dramatic

Grinchy

Banned
This rumor has actually made me realize that I care more about the forced Kinect than I do about $100 savings.

Gartooth

If they drop it $100 before the launch of the machine, I will lose my shit because that is how confident I am that it won't happen. Has a price change before launch ever happened before in the gaming industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom