• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal showrunner Bryan Fuller wants to do a Silence of the Lambs arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
I miss the beauty of this show so much

enhanced-buzz-wide-13770-1433869172-7.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-1398-1433868627-19.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-21074-1433868536-7.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-2770-1433330277-11.jpg

Truly one of a kind

ezekial45

Banned
S3 got a bit too weird for me, but it picked up exponentially in the back half. S2 is still the best, though.

I really want to see how this turns out, though. Fuller is a genius, and I'd love to see how he handles SOTL.

Kazuhira

You can't imagine how much i need this to happen,fell in love with Mads after watching this series.
Hugh Dancy did an amazing job and he needs to come back too,i need to know what happened with Will.

SeanC

Would make for a great four-episode mini event. They nailed Red Dragon really well while still doing their own twist on it. His take on SOTL would be something.

Monocle

This is the TV thing I want more than anything else. Anything.

Utterly brilliant show that was taken away far too soon.

I didn't realise the third season was so despised around here.
A lot of impatient people who don't appreciate how perfectly the first half represents the emotional fallout of Season 2's devastating finale. The second half that adapts Red Dragon is better regarded, but they're both very good.

Kevin

I was completely devastated when this show was canceled and I saw it coming (with the absurdly low ratings). I was quite happy with the ending we got but I'll always crave more of this show.

This show apparently wasn't for everyone but I think the true fans can really appreciate the artistic uniqueness and that crazy good writing the show had.

I don't think I have tried to sell people on a show as much as I have with this one. I went out of my way to buy copies just to convert people. TV like this doesn't come around very often and quite frankly I can't think of a single other show that has the same feeling and atmosphere as Hannibal. One of a kind!

Kevin

I think there is a realistic chance for it to come back as an event series. I don't think it will be for at least 2 years but if they can score the funding or perhaps if Bryan was willing to cover some of the expenses himself, anything is possible. Strange things have happened!

I wonder if Amazon would be interested in doing a mini series. Probably not since they had zero interest in funding Season 4. *Shrug* I bet a Silence of the Lambs mini would attract more eyes than most of their newer shows

I thought Amazon was interested, but they wanted to start immediately and Fuller had American Gods and the at the time unannounced Star Trek Discovery on his schedule.

I think about that season three finale all the time. Hannibal and Will vs The Red Dragon was fantastic.

I wouldn't want Will back in this Miniseries maybe just a mention of Will and what happened and that's about it. It should be Clairce for this one

A lot of impatient people who don't appreciate how perfectly the first half represents the emotional fallout of Season 2's devastating finale.

If you enjoy 10 minutes of close ups of coffee being poured more power to you, I'd hardly call people who dislike it impatient though.

But can he? The answer to this question depends on if that soap opera channel still has the rights to the TV adaptation of Silence of the Lambs.

CloudWolf

As long as it isn't as fanservicey as Season 3, it's fine with me. Season1 and 2 were great, Season 3 was kinda terrible.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Amazon holds the streaming rights to the show in the USA.
And Fuller still doesn't even have the rights to Silence of the Lambs.

The fun aspect of the series from a fan perspective is that they were able to adapt and borrow various elements from all the novels and tell a new story in a different chronological order than in the books. That is, except for THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, whose rights, sadly, are still tied up with the rights owners that produced the 1991 feature film.
So when and how could they continue HANNIBAL for a 4th season? “The last airing was August 2015. And I think in August 2017, the rights (to SILENCE OF THE LAMBS) revert back and Martha De Laurentiis and I have talked about how to bring it back. I think, ideally for the cast, it would be as a mini-series, here and there. Let’s do 6 to 8 episodes of that, and 6 to 8 episodes over here. And do it as an irregular thing.”
http://www.blumhouse.com/2016/12/20...ersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Monocle

Sorry, 9 minutes.
You had to sit through some of the most gorgeous imagery ever put to television, in a half-season that conveyed the aftereffects of wrenching trauma, and the subjective experience of profound grief and loss, with rare sensitivity—as a direct counterpoint to one of the most brutal season finales in the history of the medium.

I'm so glad I brought my microscopic violin today.

You had to sit through some of the most gorgeous imagery ever put to television, in a half-season that conveyed the aftereffects of wrenching trauma, and the subjective experience of profound grief and loss, with rare sensitivity—as a direct counterpoint to one of the most brutal season finales in the history of the medium.

I'm so glad I brought my microscopic violin today.
Doesn't make it any less boring, not sorry. I'm all for slow tv and great cinematography, Hannibal season 3 took it to the point of parody and I'm glad Fuller is on to better projects after dropping the ball so hard with Season 3.

Mumei

Doesn't make it any less boring, not sorry. I'm all for slow tv and great cinematography, Hannibal season 3 took it to the point of parody and I'm glad Fuller is on to better projects after dropping the ball so hard with Season 3.

He didn't drop it; he was just juggling it really slowly!

Kevin

I would suggest everyone who gives a damn to tweet about a series 4. Hopefully somebody somewhere will listen.

Love this show a lot. I don't expect it to come back but man if someone does pick it up for even a short event series, I'll be thrilled through the roof. Quite possibly the most underrated show I have ever seen.

Also to add to the conversation more so; NBC canceled, Amazon offered to pick it up for a season 4 but wanted to rush it into production with a very small production timeline which is why Bryan Fuller said no. I tend to side with Bryan on this one because nobody wants a rushed season 4 of their favorite show.

Gorger

They were fools to end it right before Silence of the Lambs. You know this would be the most popular arc to base the TV-show on. I hope we get to see it eventually, and that Mads returns cause he was an amazing Hannibal. .

I feel pretty confident we'll see the show return. The main players are all for it and if they get the SotL rights, it'll be a no-brainer to exploit that legacy.

Saudades

Fuck yes please. Hannibal's 3 seasons are one of the best TV I've ever watched.
Bring back the whole cast (especially Mads) too please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom