• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Fuller: "I just had a great idea for season 4 of Hannibal"

She probably was as much as Quantum was supposed to be Spectre in the current Bond universe. Look what happened to Quantum when Sony got the rights to use Spectre.

I get where you're going but I'm also unsure that this is the greatest of comparisons to draw, considering.

Buffalo Chill with Miriam Lass as a Clarice analog? Team up for the ages, baby!

img_1157.png

img_1502.png

I'd watch a season of these two together just for the chance to see Chilton sass Miriam for shooting him in the face.

And possibly wear a coat of human skin. It would be fabulous.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Bring it on but someone needs to slap him each time he wants to do a slowmo scene of a teacup breaking.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Bring it on but someone needs to slap him each time he wants to do a slowmo scene of a teacup breaking.
What. That's one of the most important visuals in the show.

Self-indulgent really is becoming quite the buzzword lol. I guess it's slowly replacing petenious

Is there any artist who isn't self-indulgent? Isn't the whole point of art to express your point of view? How more highly can someone think of themselves then deciding some thing they made is good enough to stimulate the senses of a bunch of people.

If anyone actually showed any restraint when it came to art, we wouldn't have any.

Matt

I really wish I could bring myself to finish S3 of Hannibal, but the first part was so fucking boring...

Only if the original idea, I think it was Fuller's anyway, of Ellen Page as Clarice Starling happens.

I don't think that was Fuller. I think his idea was to have a black actress who had been raised in the deep South and let that play into the whole, 'wanting a new skin' aspect of Buffalo Bill.

At least I think so. Might be getting mixed up.

I loved the show but I was content with how it ended. The Will Graham and Hannibal relationship was, in my opinion, explored satisfactorily within the series and I'm not too sure I would want to see it examined any further; they got more out of it than I was expecting they'd be able to get from their relationship, but I would be very worried that any further seasons would result it on treading too-familiar ground and for that particular relationship, three seasons was more than enough.

I could very well be mistaken, as I was when the show was announced and I expected it to be useless and merely cashing in on the name, and I'd certainly check out any additional seasons in the hope that there is plenty more to examine in an interesting way (particularly since the ending did bring it to a somewhat new dynamic, for a brief moment), but if it was to return my instinct is that they'd really need to let Will Graham go and take it in a refreshing direction (which they obviously couldn't really do for a straight adaptation of Silence of the Lambs given how the series ended).

I don't think that was Fuller. I think his idea was to have a black actress who had been raised in the deep South and let that play into the whole, 'wanting a new skin' aspect of Buffalo Bill.

At least I think so. Might be getting mixed up.

That would be a very interesting and relevant way to take the story.

While I enjoyed the production values and lots of episodes, the show was so far up it's arse, it lost me many times. I watched it all but style and visuals took over decent storytelling which annoyed me. Would be up for season 4 though.

Yeah, the end of season 2/beginning of season 3 got kind of absurd. It explains why I never got around to finishing season 3.

TB14

I was quite fine with reading the S3 finale as
Hannibal and Will are dead, and Bedelia serving herself her own leg in vain
but Fuller keeps insisting, many times, that that's not the case. So as long as he wants to keep that dumb cliffhanger open, may as well get a continuation out of it.

As much as I loved the show, I felt the ending to S3 worked really well as a finale. If they were too make a fourth season I'd definitely still watch it and if not I'm fine with leaving things the way they are.

Davey Cakes

To be honest, I loved the show. Got to watch all three seasons last year thanks to Amazon. If Fuller has more ideas and the cast is on board, then I say go for it.

The peak was easily around the middle to end of Season 2. Such a damn good ramp-up. I wonder if the show could ever reach that height again.

the third season started a bit slow but even then i still enjoyed the episode where will "travels" with abby, the 2nd one i think

Top Bottom