• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy birthday John Lithgow

So I was talking to my dad about the movie Cliffhanger with Sylvester Stallone.

We were then talking about John Lithgow and my dad asked if he was still alive or dead. So we just looked them up on Wikipedia and it just so happens coincidentally that we find out his birthday was October 19th, 1945.

It's his birthday today. So happy birthday to a great actor.

A great actor who stood the test of time.

I love him in "Terms of endearment", "Raising Cain", "Dexter" and of course as Roberta in "The world according to Garp"!
I remember the World According to GARP when I was a little kid when that came out.

By the way, if it was you, thank you for the gaf gold. If it was someone else, thank you as well.

bDYWYIfg_4O6H8IrmgSSlMd2U_vrDg6lnPP8kEJZTrrMMVxQsNKCn8n4a8Hg8yCk3PB3HCWbbaxMCvfYCCImlmOnKIYBYmzNK3-WwEpwmj3jDY8k1AMjbkwrwUYAcVHWKKrq8DuLzQ=w2400

Lithgow is great.

99bd49d1ef77657533b3b1ede572055f.gif

He plays a great villain.
He really does but to be honest, the first role I remember seeing him in was Twilight Zone The movie.

He was in the segment about the airplane and the gremlin. He filled in for the original role played by William Shatner. I actually enjoyed the remake more than the original in this case. I also enjoyed the remake of the little boy who could wish for things. That segment was beyond creepy.

GymWolf

He was so fucking great in dexter season 4 and that comedy where he is an alien on heart.

When you can act absolute silliness and a cold blood killer you know you are a great actor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom