• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larry David assaults Elmo on Today. Forced to apologize.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I mean, hes totally fucking with him :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"Assault" lmao

As the hosts started to turn to Al Roker for a weather report, David walked out on set and grabbed Elmo's face. David also appeared to take a light swing at the character, as the co-anchors of NBC's "Today" were shouting.

"Come back to the couch and let's talk about how you feel," Elmo said after David walked away. Anchor Savannah Guthrie turned to David and said, "Larry, you've gone too far this time."
"Somebody had to do it, David responded. Elmo's dad, Louie, could be heard saying, "ask permission before you touch people, Larry."
Guthrie and host Hoda Kotb asked David to apologize to Elmo, "from the heart," during his media appearance.

"From where? What organ are you talking about?" David quipped before addressing Elmo.

Larry :pie_sfwth:

Just the headline of this "news" has me crying at my desk :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Angry Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Saw this live - it was…odd all around. Odd for the camera to cut and see LD wrestling elmo…. Odd for elmos dad to bring up assualt and asking people to be touched… odd for them to make a bigger deal about apologizing about it a segment later. im sure backend producer or director saw it and was like this is a good improve opportunity… but to keep it going just felt…weird.

Larry started that show 24 years ago and still looks the same.

Last edited:

stn

That bald fucker is causing trouble again! I love LD, lol. I'll miss Curb when it finally ends after this season. LD and Leon are my favorite bromance ever, what I would give to have a drink with those two in the same room.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The most attention he's got since Star Trek.

I dont know how much money he makes, but since ST ended his career is doing a couple guest shots on TV shows or doing a couple voice over jobs for a book, cartoon or video game per year. The only steady work he's had in his career is Wesley Crusher 30 years ago.

The guy is weird. He even goes off when politicians say their canned victims statement after a terrible event. From wiki:

Immediately following the Sutherland Springs church shooting on November 5, 2017, Wheaton on Twitter stated in response to Congressman Paul Ryan's call for prayers for the victims that "The murdered victims were in a church. If prayers did anything, they'd still be alive, you worthless sack of shit."[79] Wheaton subsequently clarified his opinion after receiving criticism, writing "I apologize to those of you who are sincere people of Faith, who felt attacked by me", but accused "the right wing noise machine" of using his comments "to deflect attention and anger away from the role that unfettered access to weapons of mass murder played in the latest incidence of mass murder in America".[80][81][82]

Wheaton has struggled with alcohol addiction.[88] In January 2021, Wheaton announced he had been sober from alcohol for five years.[89]

Wheaton lives with complex post-traumatic stress disorder,[90] generalized anxiety disorder,[91][92] and chronic depression.[93][94] He supports mental health nonprofit organizations in raising awareness for these conditions.[95][96]

Top Bottom