• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Endings Season 2 |OT| Get drunk and eat ribs in this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

HappyEndingsTV.jpg
124849_D_0275r1_ful.jpg

Premieres Wednesday September 28th at 9:30/8:30c on ABC

Links:
Set of cast photos
Season 2 Episode 1 Preview Clip
Crying in Public featuring Casey Wilson and Adam Pally
Riding Shotgun with Adam Pally Episode 1 and Episode 2

Episode 1 synopsis:
SEASON PREMIERE

PENNY BUYS HER FIRST HOME, AN "AHMAH-ZING" CONDO, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S "HAPPY ENDINGS"

"Blax, Snake, Home" - Penny buys her first home, an "amah-zing" condo complete with a wine fridge and Italian marble. But will the new digs really signal "the year of Penny" and turn her life around? And, on the year anniversary of their almost-marriage, Jane encourages Alex and Dave to finally be honest with each other -- not the best of ideas -- on the Season Premiere of "Happy Endings," WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 (9:31-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Happy Endings" stars Eliza Coupe as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Zachary Knighton as Dave, Adam Pally as Max, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad and Casey Wilson as Penny.

"Blax, Snake, Home" guest stars Brandon Johnson as Daryl, Derek Waters as Glaze, Rand Holdren as Jeremy, Jane Morris as Mrs. Sarner, David Harris as the neighbor guy and Hayden Lee as Steve. "Blax, Snake, Home" was written by Josh Bycel and directed by Anthony Russo. Created by executive producer David Caspe, "Happy Endings" is also executive-produced by Jamie Tarses, Jonathan Groff, Anthony & Joe Russo. It is from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios.

Show was good last year. I want to see it become great this year.

Kamille

I've grown to really like this show. It's pretty funny and the female cast is insanely attractive. Was shocked to find out it was getting a second season, thought for sure it would be cancelled. Anyway, looking forward to season 2.

ivysaur12

Banned
EskimoJoe said:
Show needs to get more popular quick. I don't want it cancelled.

This. This so much.

Which is weird, because every time I mention Happy Endings, most people go "Oh, I love that show!" I just wish some of these folks had Nielsen boxes...

If anyone is interested, ABC Family is having a "Happy Endings" marathon on friday starting at 5pm EST. Going to watch it myself. And yeah, great new show... was kind of worried when I saw Damon Wayans Jr co-starring in that new comedy on FOX, wasn't aware it had already gotten picked up for a second season.

big ander

SteveWinwood said:
Can I just get drunk and eat ribs without watching the show?

Also the op doesn't even tell me what channel its on :/
Sorry, I thought I put it in there and I did but only in the press release which is spoiler-tagged. Should be better now

EskimoJoe said:
Show needs to get more popular quick. I don't want it cancelled.
I'm still stunned we even got a second season in the first place (much the same like Dollhouse, a couple of years ago). Let's just enjoy it while it lasts, even if it just ends up as a two-season gem like Better Off Ted.

ivysaur12

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
If anyone is interested, ABC Family is having a "Happy Endings" marathon on friday starting at 5pm EST. Going to watch it myself. And yeah, great new show... was kind of worried when I saw Damon Wayans Jr co-starring in that new comedy on FOX, wasn't aware it had already gotten picked up for a second season.

ABC thinks that Happy Endings has the potential to be a big hit given the right push. They're hoping that the post-Modern Family spot + positive word of mouth + more exposure will help its second season.

I hope so, the show is definitely worth people's time. It's also a show worth ABC pushing, especially for the 18-34 crowd.

big ander said:
Sorry, I thought I put it in there and I did but only in the press release which is spoiler-tagged. Should be better now
Awesome haha thanks. I thought I was blind for a second.

Will watch the marathon. Looks pretty good!

G0523

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
If anyone is interested, ABC Family is having a "Happy Endings" marathon on Friday starting at 5pm EST. Going to watch it myself.
...Which Friday? It's definitely not on this Friday. Or the Friday after that.

So excited about this show coming back! Can't wait!

mblitek

Thanks Gents/Gals,

I just watched the first two episodes. Good show! Sort of like How I Met Your Mother in a way?

ivysaur12

Banned
LET'S GO!

"Which should I get? Put me to bed or... I pooped?"

EDIT: "I just need to go... work on my resume..."

God I love this show.

ALSO I FUCKING HATE THOSE RUNNING SOCKS TOO

EDIT 2: Why is my DVR filled with the The Good Wife and The View?

Personal Pizzas...

I need to watch this episode again, I feel like I'm missing half the jokes because of how fast it moves. I love it, so much.

cory.

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
LET'S GO!

"Which should I get? Put me to bed or... I pooped?"

EDIT: "I just need to go... work on my resume..."

God I love this show.

ALSO I FUCKING HATE THOSE RUNNING SOCKS TOO

EDIT 2: Why is my DVR filled with the The Good Wife and The View?

Personal Pizzas...

I need to watch this episode again, I feel like I'm missing half the jokes because of how fast it moves. I love it, so much.
So many awesome jokes. It's almost unbelievable. Hopefully they weren't just saving a bunch up for the premiere.

ivysaur12

Banned
cory. said:
So many awesome jokes. It's almost unbelievable. Hopefully they weren't just saving a bunch up for the premiere.

FROLF IS NOT A SPORT!

WE HAVE A NEWSLETTER!

This is like all cylinder's firing. I know that Modern Family has been great, but... this is easily my favorite show in the Wednesdays line-up. This episode was fantastic and definitely makes me feel like there's so much more coming.

Please hit a series high tomorrow and do better than Cougar Town... Please hit a series high tomorrow and do better than Cougar Town... Please hit a series high tomorrow and do better than Cougar Town... Please hit a series high tomorrow and do better than Cougar Town... Please hit a series high tomorrow and do better than Cougar Town...

And a 2.5 is a series high. So. Please.

I was surprised the Wayans son picked this show over the Zooey Deschanel sitcom. We'll see which one has more staying power.
hopefully this one.

What show is it most comparable to? Is it a HIMYM-esque sitcom?

My favourites are slightly darker ones (IASIP, Archer, AD) but I enjoy a more easy-going sitcom if it's really good (Parks, for example)

Salaadin

reggieandTFE said:
I was surprised the Wayans son picked this show over the Zooey Deschanel sitcom. We'll see which one has more staying power.
hopefully this one.

Hes great. He was the star of the first episode of New Girl too. His facial expressions just kill me.

scosher

blahblah...blah said:

My favourites are slightly darker ones (IASIP, Archer, AD) but I enjoy a more easy-going sitcom if it's really good (Parks, for example)

Most comparable is actually "Friends" but the humor is more akin to AD than Friends, HIMYM, or Parks.

edit - It's not "dark" comedy though, if that's what you're expecting. More absurd humor with jokes coming a mile a minute.

ivysaur12

Banned
blahblah...blah said:

It's not "dark" per-se, but it's close to AD in that it's completely absurd situations (that have been getting increasingly more absurd in a good way) and jokes that come insanely fast. The cast is pretty amazing except for the two leads (who have gotten better because it's mostly been about giving them shit) and the storylines have gotten insanely witty.

I'm watching again with subtitles just so I can catch everything. I fucking love this show.

Year of Penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom