• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Endings Season 2 |OT| Get drunk and eat ribs in this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Not exactly on the up and up...but if you look around I'm sure you can find it. If not, ABC will air it...sometime...

This summer. Sometime. ABC is starting to air Happy Endings repeats some times after Modern Family repeats on Wednesdays this summer. I'm sure it'll be at some point.

ivysaur12

Banned
Modern Family wins the GLAAD award for outstanding comedy, but clearly Happy Endings is the gayest show on TV. Shake ma head, GLAAD!

big ander

Modern Family wins the GLAAD award for outstanding comedy, but clearly Happy Endings is the gayest show on TV. Shake ma head, GLAAD!

The problem is that MF has so much more visible gay characters. Especially with this season focusing on the difficulties of a gay couple adopting a child. In the end it does send out an very positive message with respect to equality, so I guess I have no real qualm with MF winning the award. But Happy Endings is undoubtedly far more progressive.

Re-runs did start showing again in the U.S. this last week, starting with the season finale. Really excited for next weeks as for season 2 I've only seen the last 5 episodes and this coming weeks is an earlier episode from this last season.

ivysaur12

Banned
Still trying to get a full list, but:

Hilary Winston
Prentice Penny (in a more limited capacity)
Gil Ozeri
Jackie Clarke
The Libman Brothers
Josh Bycel

Will all be returning + others. Gail Lerner is doing Animal Practice, so that's a confirmed no. There was a rumor there would be huge turnover, but it seems that the key players will all be back. And more Caspe now that That's My Boy is out and over.

beat

1) Why's Prentice Penny going to be in a more limited capacity?

2) Huh, didn't know Caspe wrote That's My Boy...

ivysaur12

Banned
1) Why's Prentice Penny going to be in a more limited capacity?

2) Huh, didn't know Caspe wrote That's My Boy...

He's doing a comedy series for Fuse called "The Hustle"

Full staff:

David Caspe
Jonathan Groff
Leila Strachan
Jackie Clarke
Gil Ozeri
Daniel Libman
Matthew Libman
Jon Fener (from American Dad!, also did Awesometown with us)
Josh Bycel
Jay Berger
Sierra Ornelas
Lon Zimmet
Dan Rubin
Prentice Penny

Trying to see if anyone from Awesometown made the switch over. Our writer's PA might have.

EulaCapra

So after seeing The Kickening and thus completing season 2, I think the episode "Big White Lies" where the gang all lies just to avoid meeting with someone but the lies snowball was the true standout episode for me.

Dave: Why are you worried? You are gay.
Max: You know that I love low stakes classic 80s danger.

Alex: This is gonna be so much fun! I'm gonna get a penis shaped cake and a penis pinata.
Penny: It's a baby shower, not a bachelorette party.
Alex: Right right, okay, what kind of penis stuff should I get?

ivysaur12

Banned
So after seeing The Kickening and thus completing season 2, I think the episode "Big White Lies" where the gang all lies just to avoid meeting with someone but the lies snowball was the true standout episode for me.

Dave: Why are you worried? You are gay.
Max: You know that I love low stakes classic 80s danger.

Alex: This is gonna be so much fun! I'm gonna get a penis shaped cake and a penis pinata.
Penny: It's a baby shower, not a bachelorette party.
Alex: Right right, okay, what kind of penis stuff should I get?

Always will be Spooky Endings and Party of Six. It was an extemely strong season but those two are the distillation of why I love this show.

aparisi2274

So I just watched Kickball 2:The Kickening and I have to say, it was one of the funnier episodes of the season.

Still confused as to why ABC decided to hold off on this one??

TripOpt55

I just watched the Kickball episode. It was quite good. Kind of nice to have a late new dose of Happy Endings after the season was over. Also, I think Happy Endings was the best comedy this past season.

ivysaur12

Banned
Sony is doing a special season one and two DVD for a limited time:

81r2uOCxr5L._AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Happy-Endings-Seasons-1-2/dp/B008H6GHEW/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342107026&sr=8-1&keywords=happy+endings

Special Features
Happy Endings: The Complete First Season Special Features:
Deleted Scenes
Outtakes
Mike Relm Remix
Banana Republic Style Previews
Mark Douglas Parody Theme Song
Mark Douglas Interview with Adam Pally and Casey Wilson

Happy Endings: The Complete Second Season Special Features:
Deleted Scenes
Outtakes
Editorial Reviews
Happy Endings: Season One
Take six twentysomething Chicago friends, add cocktails and hormones, shake, and, you've got Happy Endings, the hilarious, edgy new comedy that asks: when a couple splits, who gets to keep the friends? Dave (Zachary Knighton, TV's FlashForward) finds fulfillment (sort of) manning a food truck after losing his hot fiancee Alex (Elisha Cuthbert, TV's 24) at the altar. Alex's type-A sister Jane (Eliza Coupe, TV's Scrubs) is almost happily married to horndog Brad (Damon Wayans Jr., TV's The Underground). Dave's roommate Max (Adam Pally) is a gay, sports-loving slob, and Penny (Casey Wilson, TV's SNL) is on the prowl for a good man...or men. The laughs are nonstop as they do what tightly-knit friends do best: hang out, have fun, debate the meaning of life, hook up, break up, and do it all over again!

Happy Endings: Season Two
Crank landlords, nosy childhood friends, Brozilians, gym bullies, sexy Halloween costumes, racist parrots, Happy Endings: The Complete Second Season offers more, more, more of the hit series about six best friends navigating life and love in Chicago's hip downtown. Alex (Elisha Cuthbert, TV's 24) and Dave (Zachary Knighton, TV's FlashForward) become real friends again (with - whoops! - benefits?). Jane (Eliza Coupe, TV's Scrubs) hilariously tests out her maternal instincts while hubby Brad (Damon Wayans Jr., TV's The Underground) unwittingly gets a "work wife." Max (Adam Pally) actually lands the perfect boyfriend that the gang falls in love with. Meanwhile, "The Year of Penny" is off to a rocky start as Penny (Casey Wilson, TV's Saturday Night Live) struggles with everything from birthday curses to '80s-themed scavenger hunts. Another round of laughs, please, for the funniest show on TV!

Super light on the features for season two, hopefully there will be more in the actual season two DVD. Comes out August 14th. No idea if it'll be in stores.

ivysaur12

Banned
Also, Caspe co-wrote the premiere. One of my friends said that he's spit out his coffee at least twice reading it, and he's only a little bit in.

ivysaur12

Banned
I wonder if this will have both the "missing" episodes from the two seasons. I didn't get to see the one from the first season, and I believe someone said it wasn't on the S1 DVD release.

Kickball 2 is going to be in Season 3, so it'll actually be a 23 episode 3rd season (like Fringe season 2 with Unearthed).

Just got some news about the premiere date. Pros and cons to it. The pros clearly outweigh the cons.

EDIT: looks like it was revealed at Outfest. October 23.

G0523

Kickball 2 is going to be in Season 3, so it'll actually be a 23 episode 3rd season (like Fringe season 2 with Unearthed).

Just got some news about the premiere date. Pros and cons to it. The pros clearly outweigh the cons.

EDIT: looks like it was revealed at Outfest. October 23.

Well, that's kinda late! I guess ABC really doesn't want the show to start out on a bad note since it's going directly against Fox's New Girl this fall.

ivysaur12

Banned
Well, that's kinda late! I guess ABC really doesn't want the show to start out on a bad note since it's going directly against Fox's New Girl this fall.

They're going to be staggering a lot of their premieres. Launching their big shows (Modern, Grey's) and going from there.

It's a good idea. Gives them time to promote each show individually insteading of lumping them all together in one week.

Season 3 stuff from Caspe and Groff (some spoilers) - http://www.theinsider.com/tv/54090_Happy_Endings_Season_three_spoilers/index.html

Kiefer Southerland and Sharon Stone
would be amazing at the Kerkovich's. I wonder if the later was Bycel and Fener's suggestion, I know they had tried to get her on Awesometown for a hot second.

ivysaur12

Banned
Reruns of season 2 start tonight until DWTS premieres.

Rob Coddry cast in a two-episode arc.

http://tvline.com/2012/08/09/happy-endings-rob-corddry/

Childrens Hospital‘s Rob Corddry is checking himself into the loony bin that is Happy Endings.

The actor-comedian has booked a multi-episode arc on the ABC comedy, TVLine has learned exclusively. Corddry will play the legendary owner of a car dealership who Penny and Jane meet when Penny goes to buy a car with Jane’s help. Corddry’s “Car Czar,” impressed with Jane’s impressive knowledge of automobiles, hires her as a salesperson.

Last month at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour, Happy Endings exec producer Jonathan Groff told TVLine that viewers would “see a bit more of Jane at work” in the wake of hubby Brad getting laid off in the finale. Corddry is set to appear in at least two episodes of Endings‘ third season, which premieres Tuesday, Oct. 23.

ivysaur12

Banned
303 - "Boyz II Menorah"

Also, everyone at ABC has been super happy with how its been repeating. I'm very hopeful for this year (not so much for Apartment 23, it's been repeating poorly, but meh).

beat

303 - "Boyz II Menorah"

Also, everyone at ABC has been super happy with how its been repeating. I'm very hopeful for this year (not so much for Apartment 23, it's been repeating poorly, but meh).

Apartment 23 was great last year! I don't watch reruns of pretty much any show, though.

ivysaur12

Banned
301 - "Cazch Dummy Spillionaires" - by David Caspe, Matthew Libman & Daniel Libman

Dave and Alex have started dating again; Brad tricks Jane into thinking he's at home during the day, when in reality he’s got a new job; and Penny has a nasty fall that lands her in a full-body cast, which works out nicely for Max, as Penny's physical therapist, Kent, is very receptive to Max's flirtations.

302 - "Sabado Free-Gante"

Max tries to prove to Brad that he doesn’t need to spend a large amount of money to enjoy his Saturday; Dave and Alex drive their real estate agent (Rachael Harris) crazy while they look for a new apartment; and Jane insists on helping Penny buy a new car after having recently sold her car.

303 - "Boyz II Menorah"

Brad and Max form their own singing duo "Boyz II Menorah" to perform at Bar Mitzvahs.

304 - "More Like Stanksgiving"

The gang celebrates Thanksgiving by watching a previously unaired episode of "Real World" they appeared in back in college -- and, long after the fact, learn some shocking new dirt about one another.

305 - "P&P Romance Factory"

Penny meets a new guy (Nick Zano), but thinks she might be too good for him.

304. My god. My god.

Sober

Super light on the features for season two, hopefully there will be more in the actual season two DVD. Comes out August 14th. No idea if it'll be in stores.
Is the regular S2 boxset any different for special features?

Oh, the Kickball episode is going to be on the S3 boxset? Hmm.

beat

Ivy! Why didn't you tell me about the Happy Endings Live show at UCB on Oct 20th??? By the time I saw it for myself, it was already sold out.

big ander

I have never seen Apt 23 but that picture is very hot.

The Happy Endings one is great as always. I love how maniacal max looks off in the corner.

mantidor

Ok I don't need to read any spoilers to see they are really going the love triangle route, hoping for the best but I am not too excited.

ivysaur12

Banned
Gonna make the thread this coming Tuesday. Final calls for suggestions for titles. So far I've had:

"So Cyute."
"A bunch of criminals and sex addicts with terrible judgement"
"Bitch, it is Season 3! Bitch, it's (date and timeslot)!"
"Party in Your Rear"
"Save the drama for Michelle Obama"
"Women be stoppin'"

mantidor

I would have used "Here we go!" but only because I love it so much. It needs the table slam though.

Second one is very nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom