• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Endings Season 2 |OT| Get drunk and eat ribs in this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

...season 3?

Season 3!!!
tumblr_ltwb1z7eOd1qhbarso3_400.gif
tumblr_lvwazstrZB1qa2szuo4_250.gif
GUBcR.gif

FISCAL YEAR OF PENNY

mantidor

I enjoyed the episode. But I'm confused, what is a tag? and what it was referencing? I was lost in that final part of the episode when the credits roll, although everyone's expression was hilarious.

And what is that "season 3" post, at least post a link!

big ander

I enjoyed the episode. But I'm confused, what is a tag? and what it was referencing? I was lost in that final part of the episode when the credits roll, although everyone's expression was hilarious.

And what is that "season 3" post, at least post a link!
A "tag" is the small segment at the end of an episode lasting about 30 to 60 seconds. It's often used for a joke that's more disconnected from the rest of the episode. In Wednesday's Happy Endings, the tag was simply a sort of fun sequence set to Ice Cube's It Was A Good Day, a popular song. In other words, a tag is the part that you just said you laughed at.

There probably isn't a link yet. Ivy's in the biz.

alvmew

I vote for "A bunch of criminals and sex addicts with terrible judgment" - it might get more people to check out this amahzing show.

ilikeme

Wow, that's great to hear! And you all taught me a new use for the word tag!

That tag was smooth as silk; great song too!

Really love this show now.

iO8uz9f96NeA5.gif

Episode was great, as usual. Awesome outro.

Penny: "Remember when I was going to file that noise complaint against my neighbor's cockatoo? But then I slept on it. The next day I bought that bird a clementine...which it choked on. *creepy smile* Problem solved."

Oh man, that delivery on the last line.

big ander

Lake House, Lake House, Lake House!

Favorite line this week: "I'm gonna get a penis-shaped cake and a penis piñata–" "It's a baby shower. It's not a bachelorette party." "Right, rightrightrightrightright. So what kind of penis stuff should I get?"

Max's trove was awesome too.

RangersFan

I like this show a lot. I was a little hesitant to give it a try considering that awful promo of the pilot that is nothing like the show. I saw another show with a 3 guy 3 girl setup with the token black and gay. But then I actually started watching it a couple weeks ago from episode 1 and on and I must say it's become one of my favorites. It's a little shaky in the beginning but the potential is there. But the writing has gotten stronger and stronger and the cast is just excellent. I was a little unsure of Penny and Alex, but they have both grown on me. They were going really really far with how they were portraying Max as a non stereotypical gay, but the last few eps they have toned it down a bit and I think I like the balance they struck. I like this show.

ivysaur12

Banned
Season finale tomorrow. Gonna be weird without this show every week.

I like this show a lot. I was a little hesitant to give it a try considering that awful promo of the pilot that is nothing like the show.

Oh yeah, it was pretty awful. I remember seeing that trailer and thinking I would never watch this show.

CzarTim

Perfect ending to a great season. Will be hard to go without it. I looked forward to each episode more than any other show I watch.

ivysaur12

Banned
A real sweet episode. There's a lot of plot momentum going forward, too:

- Brad losing his job will probably have a huge impact on what he does in season three. I also think it's a good thing for Brad and Jane. They're the couple that has everything (what happens to the lake house?!) and it might be good for them to get a dose of reality. It's a very "thingsomething" type plot, but it represents that age group very well.

This probably will halt any baby talk, though I imagine that if there was a fourth season, we'd be starting to go down that route.

- Alex and Dave, Dave and Penny. Is Dave an asshole? No, I don't think so. But I do think the show needs to do a slightly better job establishing him as more of just the butt of jokes with terrible ideas. They're getting there, but they need to be a bit more. It's a realistic situation (and I loved the callout to her therapist). Brian Austin Green would also be awesome to have around for a few more episodes, he's fucking great.

It's too bad that the episode Dereck was in was pushed so far forward. It was supposed to air in the fall, and would have come up less awkwardly with him getting married. I also love the idea that every season finale is with a wedding.

So good.

Edit: Apparently, there's a bonus stand-alone episode still coming.

I bet it's aired after HE gets a new timeslot in whatever timeslot it gets.

See you all in September.

ivysaur12

Banned
So great. Amazing season of TV.

Caspe said he thinks it'll be within the month.

And related: this grantland article is even better than the above vulture article.

I'd given the season an A-. Amazing television, this is.

And yeah, I saw that. I don't know if Caspe actually knows, but he's guessing as well as anyone. (For what it's worth, I hear he's the shit. Also, I'm pretty sure he's the third youngest showrunner in Hollywood right now at 33 - I think only Liz Merriwether and Whitney Cummings (who isn't really a showrunner, INSIDE BRACKETS) are younger).

big ander

I'd given the season an A-. Amazing television, this is.

And yeah, I saw that. I don't know if Caspe actually knows, but he's guessing as well as anyone. (For what it's worth, I hear he's the shit. Also, I'm pretty sure he's the third youngest showrunner in Hollywood right now at 33 - I think only Liz Merriwether and Whitney Cummings (who isn't really a showrunner, INSIDE BRACKETS) are younger).
Yeah, that Grantland article paints a pretty awesome picture of Caspe being incredibly cool but inexperienced and Groff being equally great as a co-showrunner and a teacher.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, that Grantland article paints a pretty awesome picture of Caspe being incredibly cool but inexperienced and Groff being equally great as a co-showrunner and a teacher.

I honestly think that Groff has pulled slightly more weight this season just because Caspe has been doing his feature. But Caspe is still heavily involved in post, which is super important for this show.

JaCy

Just caught tonight's episode, and I got to say that this show is now my favorite show on Tv. I loved Mandonna, the ending to the episode was great.

Excellent episode. I'm still a sucker for over-the-top meta lines such as "I'm glad I don't get invested in your boyfriends-of-the-week who I only know through dialogue".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom