• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Endings Season 2 |OT| Get drunk and eat ribs in this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great episode.

I'm going to Kerkovich Way my non-converted friends into thinking that they've always loved this show.

ivysaur12

Banned
2.0 without new MF lead-in

It's fine. All things considered, that's not bad. ABC knew what they were getting into with this schedule. They also were probably hoping for an earlier Wednesday start for I Hate My Teenage Daughter, but what are you gonna do?

Personally, I would prefer to see Suburgatory and Happy Endings in originals, and then The Middle, Modern, and Apartment 23 originals in April. Probably would maximize ad-revenue and help keep the lights on. But whatever, ABC knew what to expect with this schedule.

EDIT: If the numbers fall next year, this will be me looking at the ratings every morning:

7p1hP.gif

ilikeme

Great episode! Brad's facial expressions and shrugs in the last scene were amazing

Everything just 'fit' in this episode, flowed well and was really funny. Such a good show.

G0523

Great episode last night! I didn't think Alex and Dave would actually address the elephant in the room but I'm glad that there was an entire episode to it. LOVED how fucking crazy Jane went to help cover it all up for her sister.

Tucah

you speak so well
I was kind of surprised that the episode directly continued off the last but it was a refreshing change of pace for a sitcom.

Episode itself was hilarious too, love this show.

big ander

I feel like I say this for half of the episodes of this show now, but I'm still goddamn astounded that Alex is as amazing of a character as she is. Easily my least favorite in the beginning, and now she's way up there.

Fiscal year of Penny!

Flash

Is Elisha doing well in the show? I feel like I should watch just for her.

she's a lot better than before. hell the entire cast is so strong and awesome.

I really do wonder if they're going to push Dave and Penny... I found it a little strange how they so conveniently left Penny out of the picture... I don't think her and Max interacted with the rest of them at all.

LOCK

I would like to see Max in a long term relationship, in show time of course, and not just two episodes.

big ander

Knew my dad liked to watch Happy Endings sometimes, but upon getting back for this break I learned that it's taken over Modern Family as the Wednesday night show for my entire family. I suspected I came from good taste.

ivysaur12

Banned
2x20:

WHITE LIES SNOWBALL WHEN THE GANG GOES TO INCREDIBLE LENGTHS TO AVOID A PESKY OLD FRIEND, ON ABC'S "HAPPY ENDINGS"

"Big White Lies" - What starts out a white lie on Penny's part to avoid an annoying childhood friend (guest star Mary Elizabeth Ellis, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia") snowballs out of control as the whole gang is caught up: Jane fakes a pregnancy (complete with fake baby shower), Dave pretends he's terminally ill and Alex fakes a change in sexual orientation. Meanwhile, Max and Dave's lonely landlord (guest star Ben Falcone, "Bridesmaids"), jealous of their active love lives, looks for ways to evict them -- until he takes a shine to Alex -- on "Happy Endings," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28 (9:31-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Happy Endings" stars Eliza Coupe as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Zachary Knighton as Dave, Adam Pally as Max, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad and Casey Wilson as Penny.

Guest starring are Mary Elizabeth Ellis as Daphne, Ben Falcone as Darren, Kristin Malko as Kate, Katie Silverman as 9-year-old Penny, Ursula Burton as Susan and Lindsey Morgan as Tracy.

"Big White Lies" was written by Gail Lerner and directed by Gail Mancuso.

Knew my dad liked to watch Happy Endings sometimes, but upon getting back for this break I learned that it's taken over Modern Family as the Wednesday night show for my entire family. I suspected I came from good taste.

Same with my mom now, but she keeps forgetting when it's new if Modern isn't new.

Salaadin

I asked my mom if she watched Happy Endings and she said "I tried to watch it but it seems like its designed for kids your age".
Im 26 :p

Funny to see Mary Elizabeth Ellis in this now too. Sunny in Philly, New Girl, and now Happy Endings.

ivysaur12

Banned
SEASON FINALE Y'ALL!

Four Weddings and a Funeral (Minus Three Weddings and One Funeral)

The gang goes to Derrick and Eric's wedding; Brad tries to tell Jane sometime important; Penny meets a cute guy (Brian Austin Green) online.

I'm guessing that the something important is about
wanting a baby.

This is probably the one sitcom that I think you really could not replace one single cast member without it ruining the dynamics.

Every person is essential to the vibe of this show. They're all consistently hilarious and on point.

ivysaur12

Banned
Not only was this episode hilarious, but it has a ton of heart.

"We're a bunch of criminals and sex addicts that can ruin anything if we set our minds to it!"

I love these characters.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
This is probably the one sitcom that I think you really could not replace one single cast member without it ruining the dynamics.

They could put a block of wood in a v-neck to stand in for Dave and I can't imagine many people noticing.

Every person is essential to the vibe of this show. They're all consistently hilarious and on point.
For me there is one glaring flaw in this ensemble: Max. He's grating, disgusting and obnoxious. If not for him, the cast would be perfect.

I hope he gets hit by a bus in the season finale and they come back next season as a flawless fivesome.

Salaadin

For me there is one glaring flaw in this ensemble: Max. He's grating, disgusting and obnoxious. If not for him, the cast would be perfect.

I hope he gets hit by a bus in the season finale and they come back next season as a flawless fivesome.

I love Max. Hes probably my favorite next to Brad.

Theyre all great though. I can see why some people dont like Dave but I think he just sorta fits in nicely.
Last year it was both Dave and Alex that were overshadowed by the rest of the cast but they did some great things with Alex this year. Maybe Daves time to shine is season 3?

Shurs

I just finished Season One.

I'm really digging it. I love the ensemble.

I wish it was available on Hulu Plus, as now I'm gonna have to wait for the DVD release to catch up with Season Two.

ivysaur12

Banned

tumblr_m0zq8sqbWl1qc6odto2_250.gif

tumblr_m0y7kgm11R1qgmfwso3_r1_500.gif

Description of the finale, Four Weddings and a Funeral (Minus Three Weddings and a Funeral):

The gang find themselves at yet another wedding, this time the nuptials of Derrick (Stephen Guarino) and Eric (Nate Smith). Will there be "DRAMA", to quote Derrick? Of course, as Brad struggles to tell Jane something important; Jane tries to find a way to help Eric hide the fact that the pricey reception must be downscaled; and Max tries to find the courage to perform with his old all-male Madonna cover band. Meanwhile, a dateless Penny is sad that she's at another wedding alone, until she meets a cute guy (Brian Austin Green) via Skype.

Guzim

What's going on with this show? I just saw a commercial for that show The B in Apartment 23 or whatever it's called, and it said it premieres April 11 after Modern Family :/

ivysaur12

Banned
The tag with Brad and Jane swagging through the lobby is rivaled only by last week's body switching. I can't decide which is better.

big ander

Dave's an underrated character. I know plenty of people who hate him, and it seems most people like him least. But his being so unabashedly pathetic and silly is perfect and necessary.

Salaadin

Dave's an underrated character. I know plenty of people who hate him, and it seems most people like him least. But his being so unabashedly pathetic and silly is perfect and necessary.

I agree. I like him.

This weeks episode was great. When Brad and Jane were in bed, the first thing I thought of was the "Bitch! Its 5:30!" from a few episodes back and then Brad blurted it out. I love when that happens.

Bully Alex was awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom