• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HAPPY! | Season 1: Official Trailer #1 | SYFY

Link.

The holiday season will never be the same. Based on the extremely graphic novel by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson, HAPPY! premieres December 6 on SYFY.

More About HAPPY!:
Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Patton Oswalt).

Tizoc

Inloved the fomic and i am liking what i am seeing here
I miss grant morrison wackiness and i am ready to inject it into my veins <3

...okay, weird, on board.

Also should probably check out this Grant Morrison person and what else he has done, because he seems alright.

This looks amazing. I'm ALWAYS in for comedic meloni but even without him I'd be on board. I feel like this is as balls out crazy as preacher should have been

Tizoc

...okay, weird, on board.

Also should probably check out this Grant Morrison person and what else he has done, because he seems alright.
Here is a quick ahortlist of awesome comics morrison wrote
Doom patrol
Animal man
Seaguy
New X-men
Fantastic four 1234
Joe the barbarian
Flex mentallo
Batman>final crisis>batman and robin+return fo bruce wayne>batman inc.>multiversity
We3
Happy
All star superman
Seven soldiers

Are they going to turn this into a multi series show? The source material didn't seem to warrant itself to something that could go on for multiple seasons. I'm intrigued to find out though.

Platy

Are they going to turn this into a multi series show? The source material didn't seem to warrant itself to something that could go on for multiple seasons. I'm intrigued to find out though.

If Supernatural tells us something is that every series will lives on if there is a public for it

Zoe

So i don't see an OT for this but are you guys enjoying it? Loving this show to be honest.
Best new show of the season.

Supposedly there are already plans for a season 2 if that can happen, but I don't see it being likely with the ratings and lack of advertisers.

Best new show of the season.

Supposedly there are already plans for a season 2 if that can happen, but I don't see it being likely with the ratings and lack of advertisers.
While Van Helsing had higher premier ratings then Happy and Wynonna Earp having less they are both getting third seasons. Van Helsing stuck around the 0.60+ mark for it's first season while Earp went all over from that 0.60+ average to around 0.35 and even it got renewed and with Van Helsing's second season getting about around those ratings too with Earp getting late 0.40s to late 0.50s for it's second go. While critics might be slighty harsh but in favor of the show it seems there are alot of fans I haven't seen anyone outright say "i hate or dislike this show" so that's good. Some shows on Syfy have been renewed for a lot less. I guess what I am trying to say is ratings wise I expect the show to get renewed and i'm not too concerned about it.

Zoe

What about the advertisers though? It's obvious they're doing "limited commercials" because they have nothing to show.

That could be a problem maybe they just don't want association with a show like this I hope the ratings make up for it. I still have a good feeling it'll get renewed just gotta play the waiting game.

Top Bottom