• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard Corps: Uprising |OT| - I TOLD U THIS UPRISING WAS HARD CORPS!

Augemitbutter said:
day one on PS3.

i've been waiting so long for this.
Me too!

1. My first Contra was arcade. Not enough quarters on me :p
2. My second Contra was Hard Corps. Instantly fell in love with it and was one of the most played co-op game in my family.
3. Third Contra for PS2. WTF is this? This is good but I need Hard Corps!
4. Uprising to the rescue!!

15 years in the motherfucking making!!

mjemirzian said:
However, if the game doesn't set your score to 0 after using a continue in arcade mode, I'd find that kind of strange. Just throwing that out there as a potential 'you secretly get 9 lives to score with not 3'.

You don't have to worry about that. Your score drops to zippo upon game over.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
You don't have to worry about that. Your score drops to zippo upon game over.
You mean upon continuing, right? Still, that's good to know.

I half expect devs these days to completely slip up on the basics.

I love a good challenge in a Contra, but I hope that this isn't quite as insane as the US version of Contra: Hard Corps. Also, are they being cool and including a nicely emulated version of that game with this new one? Maybe it's the old Konami code that does it?

The Take Out Bandit said:
After Castlevania became a dull God of War wanna-be, silly!
Indeed.

RyanDG

Henchmen21 said:
Wtf? When did Contra become a shitty anime?

2crkb3q.jpg

RyanDG

FunkyPajamas said:
This is Contra in spirit but it's not really a contra-branded game, is it?

From my understanding, it's a direct prequel to Contra Hard Corps (hence the shared characters). But where that falls for you depends on how you feel about Contra Hard Corps.

RyanDG said:
From my understanding, it's a direct prequel to Contra Hard Corps (hence the shared characters). But where that falls for you depends on how you feel about Contra Hard Corps.
_dementia said:
This is Contra in Hard Spirits.
Oh, ok, for some reason I thought "Contra" wasn't part of the title at some point, that's why I was asking.

I'm in anyway, full campaign online co-op pretty much guarantees I'll be there day one. Thanks!
RyanDG said:
Oh, if you are asking about the title, you are right about that. I think it's just being released as Hard Corp: Uprising.
:) Yup, I was wondering about the title. I thought maybe Konami decided to rename it to use the brand in full power, but I see they've decided to keep it out of the title for some reason.

RyanDG

FunkyPajamas said:
Oh, ok, for some reason I thought "Contra" wasn't part of the title at some point, that's why I was asking.

I'm in anyway, full campaign online co-op pretty much guarantees I'll be there day one. Thanks!

Oh, if you are asking about the title, you are right about that. I think it's just being released as Hard Corp: Uprising.

cj_iwakura

Konami can call it whatever they want, this is Contra, and oh yes, do want.

The music sounds fantastic, too. It's Ishiwatari, right?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I can't wait for more of the "OH NOES ANIMU" crowd to get here. That should make for a rather interesting thread.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
coldvein said:
too animu

I know right? A japanese gaming property developed by a Japanese studio. You'd think there would be absolutely no animu.

I'm surprised by the anti-anime sentiment going on. I thought anyone left interested in 2d sidescrolling shooters would be more interested in the mechanics than the looks.

Teknoman

mjemirzian said:
I'm surprised by the anti-anime sentiment going on. I thought anyone left interested in 2d sidescrolling shooters would be more interested in the mechanics than the looks.

Some people are just ticked that its not as...gritty/"realistic" looking as past Contra titles. I'm just glad the series is showing up again.

Then again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd5tSIyXD60&playnext=1&list=PL3BA8D370EB85A985

EDIT: I'll admit I was skeptical after seeing Arc involved...but after watching that boss battle chase, i'm sold.

mjemirzian said:
I agree.
I'd also prefer a Shattered Soldier approach to aesthetics for a Hard Corps refresh, but this is more than acceptable.

Teknoman

_dementia said:
I agree.
I'd also prefer a Shattered Soldier approach to aesthetics for a Hard Corps refresh, but this is more than acceptable.

Would be nice, but as long as there are some truly strange looking biological bosses at some point, it should balance out nicely.

It could've been much worse haters konami could've gone for a complete moé overhaul of Contra. *shudders*

Remember when anime used to be cool and fun? This speaks to that era for me.

Been waiting a while for this one.

Noticed a few Metal Slug moments. I hope there are a few Contra III moments (hoverbike to dropship to miniboss, to helicopter to missile to a whole bunch of missiles while fighting a boss) as well. That game was crazy.

thetrin

The Take Out Bandit said:
It could've been much worse haters konami could've gone for a complete moé overhaul of Contra. *shudders*

Remember when anime used to be cool and fun? This speaks to that era for me.

Exactly how I feel about it. It's very much early 90's anime for me.

Top Bottom