• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard Reset - PC exclusive fps from people behind Painkiller/Witcher 2!

02pheland

Neo Member
only found out about the game a few days ago and looking into it got me looking forward to it a load which was made even better when i saw the release date

im putting a lot of hope into this game that it will finally deliver a good solid FPS over the last few years ive been hating most of them for being too short, boring, and too focused on multiplayer

only ones ive really enjoyed being borderlands and bulletstorm

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Day one, but please give me an FOV of 90 or so. We play on widescreen in 2011.

Thanks.

alphaNoid

Banned
Going to be completely honest here, this just looks like a cyberpunk Painkiller. And just like Painkiller, people were excited it was for PC only. Yet here again, the initial footage looks good at first glance but the more you follow the more it looks like, same 'ol, same 'ol run and gun.

Don't get me wrong, run and gun is fun ... a la Painkiller or Serious Sam.. but this game will hit the Steam sale within 3-4 months because its not a genre thats as wide appealing as something like the BF of COD Series.

Basically its going to get lost in a sea of better shooters, specifically after BF3 hits. I'll keep an eye on it and an open mind but the footage did nothing for me. I felt like this was a cyberpunk mod for Painkiller.

Dyno

alphaNoid said:
Going to be completely honest here, this just looks like a cyberpunk Painkiller...

Painkiller was a really fun and different feeling game. It was also plenty depraved.

I could definately do a new version.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
alphaNoid said:
Going to be completely honest here, this just looks like a cyberpunk Painkiller. And just like Painkiller, people were excited it was for PC only. Yet here again, the initial footage looks good at first glance but the more you follow the more it looks like, same 'ol, same 'ol run and gun.

Don't get me wrong, run and gun is fun ... a la Painkiller or Serious Sam.. but this game will hit the Steam sale within 3-4 months because its not a genre thats as wide appealing as something like the BF of COD Series.

Basically its going to get lost in a sea of better shooters, specifically after BF3 hits. I'll keep an eye on it and an open mind but the footage did nothing for me. I felt like this was a cyberpunk mod for Painkiller.

I'm going to say this in the nicest possible way.

Who gives a flying fuck about any of this?

I want a crazy, run and gun, fuckawesome shooter that will make my eyes bleed that doesn't hold me by my fucking hand like I'm a five year old. All of this at a good price and hitting next month?

Day Fucking One. Its bought so hard, it'll think it was bought five times over.

Ars Technica said:
Hard Reset is coming this September, and I can't wait to play the whole thing. The game's price remains unknown.

What da flippity fuck?! It's coming next month? Holy freaking pc-games-out-of-nowhere batman!

alphaNoid said:

Dunno what you are trying to say here. To me it sounds like *hint, hint, developers I don't like this genre and to be honest most guys don't, they like CoD and BF, so for your sake make something like those two games* ..??

Who cares? If you don't like the genre move on.

Deadbeat

Banned
alphaNoid said:
Basically its going to get lost in a sea of better shooters
This is debatable. It will get lost in a sea of better advertised and hyped up shooters, but I doubt better.
angular graphics said:
Who cares? If you don't like the genre move on.
The game doesnt cater to my interest so I demand it does.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It'll get lost in a sea of popular brands, but it still might be up your alley if you're looking for a game you haven't already played. Who knows, Hard Reset might suck, but I'm far more intrigued by it than the big holiday franchises that got old a few sequels ago.

Deadbeat

Banned
MesserWolf said:
Does that means that people is leaving CD projekt RED ? mmm not happy about that....
Most of the witcher 1 devs were gone but Witcher 2 still came out great. As long as you keep good talent and the mindset for developing the franchise, it will always work out.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
alphaNoid said:
it's almost like they're building a game on a modest budget and designing it for a discerning base, rather than pinning a photo of a dude in desert fatigues up on a whiteboard and throwing wads of benjamins at it until their studio is shuttered.

Hypereides

Gold Member
jim-jam bongs said:
Wow, that sounds like a blast. Poland is the Hollywood of games. Except, you know, good.

Yup us polish folks are awesome. :p

Sad to see Techlands CoJ: The cartel didnt go so well. Never knew City Interactive was a polish studio though, thought it was german.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This looks like it has a lot of potential, but I am a little confused at the lack of gameplay footage for a game just a month away.

scitek

Our site was told no video or screens from this build could be released, but they will have a newer build in a couple of weeks we can use instead. Ooookay...

gabbo

BigTnaples said:
This looks like it has a lot of potential, but I am a little confused at the lack of gameplay footage for a game just a month away.
It seems that's what the dev's wanted, so we'll probably get more in the coming weeks.

Love games like this (Painkiller, Doom, Quake) but the movement seems somewhat slow in the trailer. Let's hope it ends up being a bit more fluid in the end. Fast movement really does wonders for this type of game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Things get even more ticktastic when the very neatly used in-game tutorial tips (presented alongside the game’s in-game narrative nonsense, context sensitive, and not enforced – tickticktick) introduce you to the concept of looking for secrets. The great forgotten feature of classic shootering are present and correct, either offering you bonuses for exploring off track, or having cracks in walls that can be widened by exploding nearby barrels, cars, etc. These bonuses are presented in the form of madly glowing giant awkwardly shaped boxes of ammo (tick), health (tick) and XP (waitwhat?).

EvolveTom

scitek said:
Our site was told no video or screens from this build could be released, but they will have a newer build in a couple of weeks we can use instead. Ooookay...
Yes, that's correct. There's a big fat watermark in the build you have, and certainly we don't want to get a bunch of video out there where people will scream, "OH MAN THERE'S TEXT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN"... you'll have it soon enough. Remember, we're tightening the PR schedule here -- we would, with a regular game, be currently sitting at the "thanks for enjoying the first screenshots and trailer. You can expect more information in four months" phase. Instead, next week. Fair enough? :)

Release date announced as 13 September, at $29.99/EUR27.99/£22.99. If you pre-order on Steam you get 10% off. Although the pre-order isn't up on UK Steam at the moment.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/17259-hard-reset-gets-release-date-discount-price-and-system-specs/

And system specs

MINIMUM:
•Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64
•RAM: 2 GB
•Graphics card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
•Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
•DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
•Hard Drive: 4 GB free hard drive space

RECOMMENDED:
•Processor: Intel Quad Core 2.3 GHz / AMD Phenom II x4 2.5 GHz
•RAM: 3 GB
•Graphics card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 4870 or better
•Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
•DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
•Hard Drive: 4 GB free hard drive space

Just saw that the pre order is 10% off on Steam.

Any impressions yet that would warrant a purchase? I really liked how it looked in the GB quick look.

Pranay

Didnt know it was releasing on 13th

Anyways i am making the OT , is it for Steam only or is this going retail as well ?

wilflare

Pranay_ said:
Didnt know it was releasing on 13th

Anyways i am making the OT , is it for Steam only or is this going retail as well ?

think GMG Rob mentioned about it being on GMG as well :D

Gunplay and enemies look like so much fun from that last video.

Please god let there be a way to turn down/off the blurjelly when you are hurt.

Day two for me (patches n shit you know).

VVVVVVVVV A demo link? To gamershell? Is this real life? Are we back in 2003? AWESOME.

Top Bottom