• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard Reset - PC exclusive fps from people behind Painkiller/Witcher 2!

chixdiggit

"Like some kind of Polish, game-developing Voltron, Flying Wild Hog was formed from members of People Can Fly (Painkiller), CD Projekt RED (The Witcher 2), and City Interactive (Sniper: Ghost Warrior). "

Take my money please.

Trailer wasn't too exciting but :

chixdiggit said:
"Like some kind of Polish, game-developing Voltron, Flying Wild Hog was formed from members of People Can Fly (Painkiller), CD Projekt RED (The Witcher 2), and City Interactive (Sniper: Ghost Warrior). "

Makes me interested.

Well, the main advantage of a PC exclusive should be amazing graphics unencumbered by a console bottom line.

Hard to say from the screens if this delivers that.

chixdiggit said:

Take my money please.
Hrm, not so sure. Depends on who was brought over and from my brief time with Sniper: Ghost Warrior.. it wasn't worth the money even on sale.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
chixdiggit said:

This and it being PC exclusive are good things. Now lets hope they take advantage of their resources and build one bitching game.

scitek said:
Two months from release...
Wait wat?

*reads article more thoroughly*

Nice. It also seems they will be pricing it around $30-40. Very nice.

specialguy said:
Well, the main advantage of a PC exclusive should be amazing graphics unencumbered by a console bottom line.

I wouldn't say that...

But it looks good enough, HUD is awful though.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
4-590x347.jpg

1-590x347.jpg

Looks decent.

RobertM

So it's a budget title. Well ok, good for them. It just doesn't look very impressive, maybe it wasn't supposed to, we'll see.

Guys guys guys. It's a cyberpunk shooter which looks like Bladerunner, made by the dudes who made Painkiller. If this isn't exciting for you then you need to hand in your neckbeard. Right now.

specialguy said:

No, a bigger advantage of the PC is being able to make game play based around quick response from a kb/m. Compare Painkiller to most modern FPS, or even Bulletstorm.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Painkiller? The Witcher 2? Cyberpunk setting?

I would like to play this game, yes.

Grayman

Robot enemies, cool. I see the hud has a lightning bolt bar which could either be ammo or some type of energy for powers.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Loving the stuff out of Poland in recent years!

Pikelet

specialguy said:

I think a bigger advantage in this case would be the ability to design around the mouse and keyboard.

Reuenthal

Banned
These teams from Poland getsto make some of the games that I am most interested the latest years. I will be checking this out.

Deadbeat

Banned
Who would have thought that there will be three games out this year that will cleanse the awful taste of Duke Nukem Forever out of my mouth. Bulletstorm, Serious Sam 3, Hard Reset.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Stitch said:
sounds good, but robots? who wants to shoot robots? :-/
Drazgul said:
Yeah. Unless they're programmed to feel pain and fear death, there's no real point to it.
Sarcasm or not, these posts represent the true ignorance of awesome near-future sci-fi. Asimov would be rolling in his god damn grave if he ever saw this shit.

speedpop said:
Sarcasm or not, these posts represent the true ignorance of awesome near-future sci-fi. Asimov would be rolling in his god damn grave if he ever saw this shit.
unless it is Dog from HL2, robots are just a bad sign. They are mostly boring and look dreadful. Those sketches in the other thread doesn't help at all. Potential is there, but it is not used.

I'm most excited about the brand new proprietary engine (rare these days, especially from a smaller dev like this). Cyberpunk setting sounds fresh as well. Interest...rising...

I didn't know there was such a thing as an robot discrimination. Not good enough now?!

Such bigotry will be seen to. I certainly wouldn't like robot designs to start and stop at goddamn Dog.

gabbo

Heavy said:
I'm most excited about the brand new proprietary engine (rare these days, especially from a smaller dev like this). Cyberpunk setting sounds fresh as well. Interest...rising...
It's actually not that rare for a lot of Eastern dev'd games to use their own engine.
That teaser was... something, but the screens look good. It's on my radar.

Top Bottom