• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard Reset - PC exclusive fps from people behind Painkiller/Witcher 2!

tumblr_lo8st5uI7T1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

For me so far this is like the opposite of "better than the sum of its parts". That is one hell of a dream team and dream game, but that trailer is not really doing it for me :(

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Holy poop, a fun looking PC exclusive FPS? Sign me the HECK up. (Lol google ): )

That coupled with ex People Can Fly people, well, it can only be great.

Kritz

Banned
speedpop said:
Sarcasm or not, these posts represent the true ignorance of awesome near-future sci-fi. Asimov would be rolling in his god damn grave if he ever saw this shit.

Crysis 2 really tarnished my taste for all things robot and alien. ... and shooter.

... and living.

Chuck

Still without luck
Not to be a downer, guys, but just because the people worked at those developers that you like, it doesn't mean they are at all the the reasons the games they made are good. They could be the crap part of each team. Don't set your expectations too high for this, especially since it's been announced and is going to come out in only a few months which is NEVER a good sign.

Also, the PC Gamer preview was absolute fucking garbage and PC Gamer should feel like absolute fucking garbage.

ChuckNoLuck said:
Not to be a downer, guys, but just because the people worked at those developers that you like, it doesn't mean they are at all the the reasons the games they made are good. They could be the crap part of each team. Don't set your expectations too high for this, especially since it's been announced and is going to come out in only a few months which is NEVER a good sign.

Also, the PC Gamer preview was absolute fucking garbage and PC Gamer should feel like absolute fucking garbage.

Dude, nobody is calling this a lock for their GOTY or anything, it just sounds like a lot of fun to play. And isn't that really why we play games?

Chuck

Still without luck
jim-jam bongs said:
Dude, nobody is calling this a lock for their GOTY or anything, it just sounds like a lot of fun to play. And isn't that really why we play games?
YES!

But I bet this game won't be any good.

Kritz

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
YES!

yo if I only played games that were good I wouldn't have spend one hundred and twenty dollars on fable 3.

fuckin'... I've made some bad life choices :<

Deadbeat

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
I bet your avatar's source will be another overrated circle jerk for gaming journalism to tout morality in the contrived situations the game will most assuredly display. But hey, excuse me for getting excited about a game from a region of the planet that has developed some of the best games this generation.

Probably buy this instead of scripted consolized crap like BF3 though (BF3 looks like it plays lik COD now from the videos)

It's no Crysis 2 visually though so far, but not much is.

Chuck

Still without luck
Deadbeat said:
Hey man, I was just trying to temper your expectations for a game you know almost nothing about so you don't get disappointed after you play it.

Deadbeat said:
I bet your avatar's source will be another overrated circle jerk for gaming journalism to tout morality in the contrived situations the game will most assuredly display. But hey, excuse me for getting excited about a game from a region of the planet that has developed some of the best games this generation.

CHAOS ENGINE RAGE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ChuckNoLuck said:
Hey man, I was just trying to temper your expectations for a game you know almost nothing about so you don't get disappointed after you play it.
You really trying to say someone else is raging after calling PC gamer's article 'fucking garbage'?

Deadbeat

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
Nothing will be as big of a disappointment as DNF (well maybe Hitman 5). At worst it will be a Xenus 2, mediocre.

Rahk

ChuckNoLuck said:

PC Gamer have written a preview now?

All I see is an article reiterating a press release they were sent exclusively, saying their preview will be on the next issue and a Q&A later this week.

Wallach

Hmm... no idea for my part. The screens don't say much. Painkiller was pretty cool, but the time frame between reveal and release doesn't inspire confidence.

jim-jam bongs said:
Guys guys guys. It's a cyberpunk shooter which looks like Bladerunner, made by the dudes who made Painkiller. If this isn't exciting for you then you need to hand in your neckbeard. Right now.

THANK YOU.

Seriously, people who don't get all frisky when they hear the words pc shooter and painkiller and new in one sentence need to go back to plebland right now for they are not worthy.

Also FUCK graphics ok? If you think that is what has been missing from FPS games made for consoles then you really do not get it.

I want all the usual pc goodies you'd expect from the guys who made painkiller (rcon, dev console, server build, IQ, fov), along with being able to carry more than 2 measly weapons at a time and some good ol' strafejumpy fun.

If this ends up delivering on all of that (most likely) and you don't buy this then well... what jimjam said...

edit: look at those screenshots:
health bars and armor bars!
Good start!

I normally only do this with movies, but it pays off in games too. Look at the talent involved regardless of whether you like the idea or the look of it and you'll still come off entertained as hell by the product.

I'm so in for former People Can Fly and Cd Projekt devs

daviyoung

Banned
I'm not cautiously optimistic. Whether brand new, on a sale, or after a price-drop I'll be getting this and putting my money in the pockets of those that deserve it.

Hard Reset, Deus Ex HR and Pray 2 are making me very happy.

Looking forward to them all and at least one of them hast to be great right?

szaromir

Banned
This game is done by a 35 employees studio and is announced 2 months before the release? Expect something that shows some potential in the best case.

Kyaw

Interesting!

Do they have Tomasz Gop on the team too? :O

HUD looks wack though, too much colours!!!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Well the setting sounds cool enough but will it be reflected with cool action filled gameplay that goes beyond shooting hordes or is it just going to be the barely interactive background to a prettier Painkiller? Painkiller was fun but I probably wouldn't buy another game like it any time soon. The same goes for Serious Sam 3 for me personally. I prefer to have some adventuring in my first person shooting these days. Or at least some more variety in how you approach situations (stealth or all out etc, like Goldeneye).

Musiol

Good to see that polish studios get more love at western audience. To be honest, I'm surprised because around 10 years ago it wasn't so much good polish games (Chrome I recall).

And the game, looks quite good and very climatic.

IoCaster

MasterShotgun said:
This and it being PC exclusive are good things. Now lets hope they take advantage of their resources and build one bitching game.

Wait wat?

*reads article more thoroughly*

Nice. It also seems they will be pricing it around $30-40. Very nice.

Done on a shoestring budget. They're probably hoping to make enough money to be able to afford PS360 dev kits. This gen has really spawned an unhealthy level of cynicism in me. :/

TaroYamada

I'll keep my eyes open and expectations low, I think I am in the non-existent minority of PC Gamers who isn't that big on The Witcher. Regardless, the game looks intriguing.

SteveWD40

Day One, even if just to encourage other developers that there is a market on PC big enough to produce exclusives for that aren't retro style housebuilding sims (love them as I do...)

MNC

Oh wow, so this is from that concept art a while back? Looks amazing. Though kind of bland protagonist (if he's that) but that's to be expected in a fps.

Top Bottom