• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Any Violence Or Gore In A Film Ever Truly "Shocked" You?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
When the main character drills into his head in Pi.

My man

my man denzel GIF

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Men Behind the Sun should be horrible in that regard but I have not been in the mood to check it out.

The film garnered further controversy for its use of what Mou claims to be actual autopsy footage of a young boy and also for a scene in which a live cat appears to be thrown into a room to be eaten alive by hundreds of frenzied rats.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
The cockroaches bursting out of the guy in Creepshow. Hell, the cheaters getting buried in the beach a low tide kinda as well. The kids dissolved in The Blob. It's silly now, but as a kid the acid slime from Time Walker REALLY freaked me out.

The cockroaches bursting out of the guy in Creepshow. Hell, the cheaters getting buried in the beach a low tide kinda as well. The kids dissolved in The Blob. It's silly now, but as a kid the acid slime from Time Walker REALLY freaked me out.

I remember Judge Doom taking off his sun glasses and showing his eyes in Who Killed Roger Rabbit? really scarring me as a kid 👀 👀

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Honestly I'm pretty much okay with everything except extreme stuff to women.
Not that I can't watch it, I just don't like it.
Kiefer Sutherland's 2008's Mirror's has definitely one scene I didn't like with his Sister played by Amy Smart.
If you know the film you know the scene.
It's like a nails down a chalkboard to me.
Other then that I'm fine with everything

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
How about Irreversible?

Definitely fucked me up the first time I saw it. Getting thrust into that nightmarish first scene at the club and the fire extinguisher beat down is brutal, intense and very realistic. And it doesn't exactly get better after that. Even though the level of violence is shocking, I appreciate the movie for it's artistic merits. It's well shot and innovative with its messaging about rape and how revenge of your loved ones never solves anything, but rather escalate it.

Last edited:
There's one from a movie I didn't watch (Saw snippets of it, because I'm a wimp). And it's not exactly gore or violence, but it is.

Serbian Film in general, is quite violent and gory, but none of it was exactly shocking, for me. But the scene where the protag is tricked into ______ his own son, pretty much scarred me for life.

Very violent, but in a different way.

Roberts

I refuse to see Serbian Movie, because I know enough about it to know I am not interested, but the one that has truly fucked me up is a Spanish short film - I think it is called Aftermath. Saw loooong time ago, totally unprepared when a Spanish friend at a film school made me watch it.

Last edited:

Toons

Usually only when I'm surprised a pg13 movie is able to get away with it.

Like one of the captain america movies has a dude go through a jet propeller fully on screen. Its not particularly gory but I was surprised they got away wih it on pg13

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I remember sticking on a french horror movie one Friday nite years ago with the mates over and there was a scene with a pregnant woman having her baby cut out of her belly with scissors and fuck me, you never heard 6 grown stoned lads scream like little girls when that shit went down, one of my mates left the room and the rest of us where all WHAAAAAT THE ABSOLUTE FUUUUUCK, can't for the life of me remember the movie

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
One of the most messed up films I seen. It's not only gory, there's some disgusting scenes involving feces

If your stomach can handle that, go right on ahead 👀 👀 👀
I dunno, I think I've become more pussified with age :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was toying with that Serbian film an all but boy'd out. You seen that?

I might just download em and watch em on a drunken evening.

I dunno, I think I've become more pussified with age :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was toying with that Serbian film an all but boy'd out. You seen that?

I might just download em and watch em on a drunken evening.

A Serbian film was equally as messed up too but mostly in the gore and sexual content. Let's just say it goes into some really nasty shit when it comes sexual content. I hated A Serbian Film especially though. It just felt the film was just being edgy for edgy sakes

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
A Serbian film was equally as messed up too but mostly in the gore and sexual content. Let's just say it goes into some really nasty shit when it comes sexual content. I hated A Serbian Film especially though. It just felt the film was just being edgy for edgy sakes
I thought as much and reading the some comments. I'll grab Salo though :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Laptop1991

At the time, Modern Warfare 2 singleplayer when you open up on the civillians did i remember, late noughties that. didnt read the thread properly lol, should be film.

Film wise, well most of the slasher films from the 70's and 80's were just gorefest's and i don't like rape scenes.

Last edited:

AgatonSax

Definitely fucked me up the first time I saw it. Getting thrust into that nightmarish first scene at the club and the fire extinguisher beat down is brutal, intense and very realistic. And it doesn't exactly get better after that. Even though the level of violence is shocking, I appreciate the movie for it's artistic merits. It's well shot and innovative with its messaging about rape and how revenge of your loved ones never solves anything, but rather escalate it.
Everything about that movie is fucked up. They even used a low frequency rumble in the soundtrack to promote nausea and queasiness.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The rape in "The Hills Have Eyes" remake.

I remember being in the theater and actually turning my face away from the screen. It was pretty disturbing given the context and everything.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Everything about that movie is fucked up. They even used a low frequency rumble in the soundtrack to promote nausea and queasiness.

The nausea doesn't exactly go away by hearing Thomas Bangalters "Rectum" in the background either. Probably the most nightmarish track I've ever heard, period. That whole sequence in the night club is crazy. You have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on. Imagine seeing this movie in the theaters for the first time.

SpiceRacz

A Serbian Film - The baby rape scene.
Martyrs - When the young woman gets skinned alive.
Un Chien Andalou - Eye slicing scene.

I’ve seen most of the movies mentioned here and Martyrs is the only one I had to turn away from. That scene is fucked up.

Top Bottom