• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Telltale Games responded to the save game glitch in TWD?

Deft Beck

And I thought I was the only one with
invisible Duck in Katjaa's arms in Episode 3

I had an odd moment in episode 5:

When Lee, Ben, Omid and Christa were on the roof near the bell tower, I was looking out across the way with Christa, with Ben on the other side. I clicked on Ben to talk to him and I warped over there. Shortly after, I pressed the down key to keep walking around and Lee zwoooped over there to do it.

I had a lot of stuttering issues, too. Sometimes sound effects would repeat. The game never crashed, though. Maybe Telltale's engine is getting a bit long in the tooth. Hope some of these issues are fixed by Season 2.

As for the save issues, I tried to finish an episode in a single sitting, except back in Episode 2. I never had save issues since I had the whole game downloaded. If that's not the problem, though, we've yet to find a definite root cause.

Bad7667

People are surprised the gaming press doesn't care about this? Does no one remember broken ass Skyrim getting multiple GOTY awards?

The enthusiast press is shit, and always will be.
I don't see how this save file issue or the PS3 version of Skyrim has anything to do with GOTY awards.

For a lot of people that didn't experience the save file glitch, Walking Dead is their game of the year. The people who played Skyrim on PC and Xbox had a perfectly playable version of the game.

Unless all these sites that voted for these games to be GOTY experienced every glitch I don't see what the issues are in these games winning GOTY. All awards and reviews are subjective opinions based on the experience of the people voting/writing. I can't base my experience with TWD to someone that played too episode 5 and lost all progress. If that happend to me I doubt it would have been my GOTY.

Kosma

Banned
Glitchy games shouldnt win GOTY, period.

Lazyness shouldnt be awarded.

GOTY should be a sign of excellence in all areas.

Kosma

Banned
Just bumping this to say I still haven't even gotten a reply from Telltale games customer support.

What a shit company.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This game was such a technical mess...

Not picking up another Telltale game until the season is done and I can be assured that there aren't any horrible bugs--so never, most likely.

Just bumping this to say I still haven't even gotten a reply from Telltale games customer support.

What a shit company.

Of course not. What were you expecting? Some of us have been waiting months. lol
They've got the money in the bank, sales figures to report, and GOTY awards to win. Who cares about disgruntled customers?? :p

sabanoo

Of course not. What were you expecting? Some of us have been waiting months. lol
They've got the money in the bank, sales figures to report, and GOTY awards to win. Who cares about disgruntled customers?? :p

Do they have more than one person for customer service now? I've had issues with them in the past and they apparently only had one person handling all the incoming emails and customer contact.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
i think the walking dead is a shitty game, but i'll play devil's advocate here- i think to patch the game, they might have to spend resources they haven't planned for or don't have. a lot of small companies care about their fans. i just think they're understaffed for the projects they take on, and move a little too quickly on them.

If I remember correctly the game has sold something ridiculous like 8 million units. There is no excuse for not allocating resources to patch it.

AniHawk

If I remember correctly the game has sold something ridiculous like 8 million units. There is no excuse for not allocating resources to patch it.

they'd probably have to hire on another programmer, and that person's job might get quickly sucked up into another project.

the other thing is we don't know much the license cost them, and if the success of the game made the license holders charge more for another season.

Smack Fu

How about the glaring omission of Inverted? I played the 1st chapter and put it down. Spent the full time I was playing trying to move it where I wanted. I know I'm not the only one that only plays inverted. Took me out of the game when all I was thinking about was moving it 'backwards'. Chapter 2-5 no sale for me.

Kosma

Banned
they'd probably have to hire on another programmer, and that person's job might get quickly sucked up into another project.

the other thing is we don't know much the license cost them, and if the success of the game made the license holders charge more for another season.

Come on, it couldn't have been that much.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I lost my save game after episode 3, I plugged in a 360 controller into my PC to play episode 4 and the game instantly crashed (because I had a 360 controller plugged into my PC and am running Windows 8 :|) and it wiped my data. Tried for about 3 hours to get my save data back and then said fuck it and never looked back. Wish I never supported them.

Sorian

Banned
Am I too late to say "that sucks, move on." They really did make a near master piece and it sucks that there was something in there that affected people but the game is good enough that the time to play is well spent, even if it has to be more than once.

Top Bottom