• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has there been FFX HD impressions yet?

Thoraxes

I was really looking forward to buy this, and now I'm not sure if I will.

The non-native resolution thing I just don't get.

Would a person not on the know like myself notice this?

To me it's like when you go from an old prescription to a new prescription change when dealing with glasses/contacts. Your vision wasn't bad with the old pair, but man can you see so much clearer and farther with that new pair.

Shocked at the number of people hating on the remastered soundtrack. I think it's fantastic, and I loved the original. Maybe the nostalgia for the original versions of the songs is just too strong?

I listened to every single sample on the website to completion, and I'd say a good 85% of them are a solid improvement over their original, 10% are different but equally as good, and 5% actually worse.

Mileage on this kind of stuff varies, though...

I'm really curious about the soundtrack, because my last impression of the game was that the soundtrack sounded surprisingly dated for the time, despite having great melodies, etc. But I've decided to wait until I have the game to listen. I'll hopefully have the Vita ver. by next week.

urfe

The non native resolution thing sounds too bad, but I think I'll still pick it up.

I've been looking forward to the game for years.

Picked it up at Yodobashi today, but I guess I won't start playing until I get back to Osaka since I'm in Tokyo for the holidays. Can't wait though, since FFX was one of my first game experiences and pretty much the game that really got me into gaming. Once I've played a good chunk I'll be sure to leave my impressions!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
xqr7P3j.jpg

So tempted, but will wait for NA release I guess. Excuse to thumb~

Don't really care about X-2 though, just want X.

Actually, don't care about either, just want XII HD ( ≖‿≖)

urfe

I just saw a guy playing it on the train, and the resolution looked fine to me. (Tidus did look a little fucked though)

No prob for me now.

wait wait wait so they've taken years to release this game and still produced a substandard HD remaster thats probably not worth it?
looks like i'll just play the ps2 versions on my ps3 again...so much for that final fantasy 12 HD remake we all wanted

Arzehn

Hoping someone does a loading times comparison for original/ps3/vita. YOU can be that someone, yes I'm talking to you.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Are trade-ins popular in Japan?

They are. Stores offer high trade in prices if you trade them in during the first week of release. I think it's also a roundabout solution to renting since renting of games is illegal in Japan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :p

Feeling tempted to buy the game off PSN for Vita. Can't decide on which one though.

Resilient

Eh, yeah there is a bit of hyperbole ITT with the orders cancelled and what not. But some of the decisions are just bizarre. I can understand the OST choice for Vita but PS3 is odd. Expect DLC. I'm still 100% down on both versions.

I've just checked on Sony Entertainment Network the size of these games:
FFX HD Remaster (Vita): 3399 MB
FFX-2 HD Remaster (Vita): 3312 MB
FFX/X-2 HD Remaster Twin Pack (Vita): 6711 MB

FFX/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3): 22.9 GB

PS Vita versions also allocate 30 MB and 50 MB for saves, respectively. PS3 version only 623 KB (minimum)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can you skip the cutscenes in FFX?

Thorgal

yup, 2 real acoustic guitars > 1 real and 1 synth guitar.

was great till the first minute, they changed the main melody after that :(

I started to doubt whether this was from the game or if it was done by a youtuber so i removed it .

But if it is from the game then i do like it very much.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFX OST was already the worst main series soundtrack in the series anyways, by far. The new soundtrack is a non-issue IMO
I never thought I'd live to see the day...

TheContact

New ost sounds good. I like it.
having said that, there really should be an option for the classic OST and anyone canceling their orders because they don't like the new besaid theme is really bad lol

Ogawa-san

I've just checked on Sony Entertainment Network the size of these games:
FFX HD Remaster (Vita): 3399 MB
FFX-2 HD Remaster (Vita): 3312 MB
FFX/X-2 HD Remaster Twin Pack (Vita): 6711 MB

FFX/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3): 22.9 GB

PS Vita versions also allocate 30 MB and 50 MB for saves, respectively. PS3 version only 623 KB (minimum)
RIP in peace Vita memory card.

And that reinforces my fears something was cut/downsampled due to lack of space. They've hit the limit even splitting in two carts.

So why is ps3 so big? Does it run 1080p native? If vita is 30 fps I can't imagine 60 on ps3 for dumb parity reasons :(

Are there good widescreen hacks for ffx on pcsx2?

Been playing the Vita version.

Looks great, plays great. Fun to go back through in Japanese.

Really glad SE didn't phone it in in terms of text size on the Vita.

Jigolo

Been playing my vita copy of ffx since last night. Wanted to try out the ps3 copy but I only got my package literally minutes before I ran out the door to go on a a little vacation, so I can only talk about the vita one. From what little I've played so far, the game looks great. As others have said, really crisp, the characters looks very nice most of the time. I wish they could've done a little more work on getting the mouths to sinc with the characters voices some more though. The remix tracks aren't terrible but it's very noticeable and can be a bit off putting at times, at least it was for me. But also I'm starting to grow to them. I'll have to see what my final opinion is as I get more into the game. Game runs great on the vita. No problems what so ever. Even the occasional load screen is quite quick. It's just as fun as it was on ps2.

Overall very very very happy with the remake so far. I still can't believe I'm playing this on a portable. With this and Bravely Default for the sequel being my christmas presents this year, it's going to be a fun week for me game wise.
This being my first FF game, this sounds great. Never heard the previous soundtrack so that would be a non issue with nothing to compare it to, and the load times also seem like a very minor complaint.

You got the boxed version right? I was hoping to see the digital sizes for both to see if they would fit in my 8gb card.

Top Bottom