• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has there been FFX HD impressions yet?

fardeenah

Banned
the less than 4GB disk space may be due to the fact that the memory card and the game card both uses fat32 file system which has a 4gb limit for a file size. it would have been awesome if we could use the ex fat file system but u have to pay royalties to microsoft, i doubt sony would do that.

AmanoBuff

thank you so much for the excellent impressions!

Welcome!

I just found them btw. Not mine.

This being my first FF game, this sounds great. Never heard the previous soundtrack so that would be a non issue with nothing to compare it to, and the load times also seem like a very minor complaint.

You got the boxed version right? I was hoping to see the digital sizes for both to see if they would fit in my 8gb card.

I've just checked on Sony Entertainment Network the size of these games:
FFX HD Remaster (Vita): 3399 MB
FFX-2 HD Remaster (Vita): 3312 MB
FFX/X-2 HD Remaster Twin Pack (Vita): 6711 MB

FFX/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3): 22.9 GB

PS Vita versions also allocate 30 MB and 50 MB for saves, respectively. PS3 version only 623 KB (minimum)

I would say XIII then X, I just do not care for Hamauzu.

Going from IX into X was a steep, steep drop though.

Agreed. To Zanarkand is the only thing that holds the OST above average for me, and it's definitely bad when compared to the other main games I've played (IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XII and XIV, basically all of them).

ohlawd

How about X-2 impressions?

Not too buggered about framerate drops or native res shit. Just wondering about loading times.

Did the original have them and does the remaster improve or make them worse?

I honestly don't get all the hate about rearranged music and altered character models. It's an updated version with some newish content for fans. If you really hate it, Final Fantasy X is still a game on ps2.

Not too buggered about framerate drops or native res shit. Just wondering about loading times.

well they both run on the same engine so i imagine it runs similar.

Interesting enough it seems like X-2 just uses the original ost (higher quality), so X-2 might be the better one out of these remakes. :p

And comments in other threads make it seem like ps3 versions are 1080p 30fps?

I honestly don't get all the hate about rearranged music and altered character models. It's an updated version with some newish content for fans. If you really hate it, Final Fantasy X is still a game on ps2.
I don't get how you don't get some people would prefer to have the original music in this game as an option at the least. This is some Don Mattrick stuff right here.

I don't get how you don't get some people would prefer to have the original music in this game as an option at the least. This is some Don Mattrick stuff right here.

I don't know. FFX is my favorite final fantasy game. I'm excited to relive the world with some remained additions.

I do understand how some people can not like it. I was just being dismissive. My emotions got the better of me...I became what I hated most in life: Don Mattrick!

Whompa

I don't know. FFX is my favorite final fantasy game. I'm excited to relive the world with some remained additions.

I do understand how some people can not like it. I was just being dismissive. My emotions got the better of me...I became what I hated most in life: Don Mattrick!

I wouldn't go that far and call yourself a don mattrick. I mean honestly, square didn't have to make ff10hd at all...I'm happy and ill replay it and deal with the rearranged music that I couldn't even tell was rearranged and the new 3d models that honestly don't look terribly different. I think people just want the same thing just uprezzed (which is already available anyway). Bet people would find a way to complain regardless of how its delivered.

I wouldn't go that far and call yourself a don mattrick. I mean honestly, square didn't have to make ff10hd at all...I'm happy and ill replay it and deal with the rearranged music that I couldn't even tell was rearranged and the new 3d models that honestly don't look terribly different. I think people just want the same thing just uprezzed (which is already available anyway). Bet people would find a way to complain regardless of how its delivered.

Truth.

AmanoBuff

Don't remember exactly how the loading times were on the PS2 version, but for what I've seen on videos from these remasters, the Vita version loads considerably faster then the PS3 one.

And that's why if we EVER get a FFVII remake, it will never live up to everyone's expectations. Wrong if you do, wrong if you don't I guess.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Need to see Vita footage before committing. The awful job that was done on Sengoku Musou 2 has made me wary of any PS2 up-port coming to the system. Different companies, I know, but I don't want to get screwed again.

So now they are just whining for the sake of whining? How incredibly dismissive. Though I should probably dismiss your post since you believe the OST and the new ST aren't noticeably different.

AmanoBuff

So now they are just whining for the sake of whining? How incredibly dismissive. Though I should probably dismiss your post since you believe the OST and the new ST aren't noticeably different.

You have to chill down. The remasters are what they are. A lot of people will like the new stuff and a lot of people won't. And for better or worse SE (so far at least) won't give gamers any choice in the matter.

If you want to complain, then write a post to vent and let it go. Believe me, writing constantly about an OST you don't like on a gaming forum won't change things. It's better to use that time contributing to the conversation.

Alucrid

Banned

you must be deaf then

You have to chill down. The remasters are what they are. A lot of people will like the new stuff and a lot of people won't. And for better or worse SE (so far at least) won't give gamers any choice in the matter.

If you want to complain, then write a post to vent and let it go. Believe me, writing constantly about an OST you don't like on a gaming forum won't change things. It's better to use that time contributing to the conversation.

I'm perfectly calm.

Son Of D

At this point, I think I'll be waiting for a pretty substantial sale before I jump on this. Possibly single £ figures.
Has a HD remaster ever even dropped to sub £10 before?

Also, important question. What does the new version of A Fleeting Dream/Someday the Dream Will End sound like? That was my favourite FFX song.

AmanoBuff

Has a HD remaster ever even dropped to sub £10 before?

Also, important question. What does the new version of A Fleeting Dream/Someday the Dream Will End sound like? That was my favourite FFX song.

The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection dropped below that and even went for free on PS plus. But that was a Sony game. I'm not sure about this, but as far as I know SE discounts FF games only once or twice a year. And FFIII, which is their latest FF remake to be released on PSN, has never received a discount iirc.

Xenus

I hope there is still time to fire whoever did those eyes and fix them for the western release. Who could possibly release that and think it looks good?

I hope there is still time to fire whoever did those eyes and fix them for the western release. Who could possibly release that and think it looks good?

ffv-ios-1.jpg

I think they wanna push fans to experience this HD game as a new package with new presentation all around. Including the option for the original old soundtrack (at least from the very get go) would compromise that.

We all already know, love and experienced the soundtrack in its original form. We can also buy/download it easily from a plethora of legit (and illegitimate) sources. It's not like the re-arranged soundtrack's presence on this version of the game is gonna take the old music away from us.

I think they wanna push fans to experience this HD game as a new package with new presentation all around. Including the option for the original old soundtrack (at least from the very get go) would compromise that.

We all already know, love and experienced the soundtrack in its original form. We can also buy/download it easily from a plethora of legit (and illegitimate) sources. It's not like the re-arranged soundtrack's presence on this version of the game is gonna take the old music away from us.

But even then it's still not a full remake. The animations are still ps2. Those lip sync.

DCharlie

Banned
Been playing the Vita version.

Looks great, plays great. Fun to go back through in Japanese.

Really glad SE didn't phone it in in terms of text size on the Vita.

yeah, the text is really nice and readable - good job SE!

As for non-native res - it looks a tiiiiiiiiiiny bit jaggy at times but the game looks darned decent for what it is - it's certainly not a vita game you'd look at and be horrified by so i think the ingame screenshot thing might be doing something weird?

The transformation of Tidus is so disappointing. I wasn't perfectly happy with some of the older versions, but looks like they ended up with the worst one. How.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The transformation of Tidus is so disappointing. I wasn't perfectly happy with some of the older versions, but looks like they ended up with the worst one. How.

Honestly, it's kind of amusing. They would have one shitty character model, but then give us another batch of shots that made it look like they'd made some positive changes. Then, they'd make him look shitty in some other way. And then they'd mask it a bit.

In the end, they actually did all of the shitty things.

I keep checking this thread in the hopes someone says "I found a secret english language menu option!"

Otherwise it's a long wait to March....

Honestly, it's kind of amusing. They would have one shitty character model, but then give us another batch of shots that made it look like they'd made some positive changes. Then, they'd make him look shitty in some other way. And then they'd mask it a bit.

Square Enix is a pioneer in setting its fans up for disappointment. Truly innovative.

RPGCrazied

Now the game is out, can the PS3 version run at 1080i/p? Kingdom Hearts ReMix did. I know its not native, but it still scaled. Looks nice on my TV.

Atlantis

I really don't know why they did so much work on him. They obviously did a more extensive remodel on Tidus and Yuna and the results just aren't that great. The rest of the party have much less dramatic changes and they all look tons better.

Sometimes simple is better.

Top Bottom