• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatoful Boyfriend coming to the PS4 and Vita on July 21st with new content

In a ideal world this would have been a PS+ game and took Rocket Leagues place so I can give Rocket League money AND Sony can troll the "where are the real games for PS+" people.

Anyway I already bought it 5 times last time it was on sale on steam. So I am 100% sorted for my bird dating sim needs.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
This is a pigeon dating simulator? Fuck yes finally

What makes Hatoful Boyfriend special is that it's actually way more than just a pigeon dating simulator. The game actually has lore. There's a real story there.

A lore is a part of bird anatomy.

Thud

And your bird can sing.

I still remember when this was a free downloadable game. How far we have flown

everythingisjuly.jpg

So we've got Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Journey, The Fall, The Swindle, King’s Quest and now Hatoful Boyfriend coming out in the next three weeks.

Nerokis

Fuck yes. Hatoful Boyfriend was one my highlights last year. Most of my friends are primarily console gamers, and I can't wait to introduce them to this gem.

everythingisjuly.jpg

So we've got Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Journey, The Fall, The Swindle, King’s Quest and now Hatoful Boyfriend coming out in the next three weeks.

Amazing.

I just don't understand the appeal of this. Maybe the humour is lost on me. I watched Jim Sterling's playthrough and while I found his commentary fairly amusing, there was no appeal to me whatsoever in the 'game' part.

I mean, do you play or enjoy Dating Sims? If not, this game probably won't bowl you over. I thought the original Japanese version was hilariously written and just super. fucking. weird., which I appreciated. I'll definitely grab this. July has become a dark horse release month with things like Rocket League, Ethan Carter, The Fall, Journey, and now this. Good stuff!

everythingisjuly.jpg

I can't even get excited about things coming out anymore because there's just too much good shit on the horizon. My backlog is going to have a backlog.

I was pretty surprised when I saw Hatoful Boyfriend playing on a video for the PS4 kiosk at Wal-Mart last week or so. Hilarious that an ironic dating sim is anywhere in the mainstream.

Dusting off the Vita for this thing, but it still isn't listed on PSN?

And still no price?

I mean, I sure would like to get into some hot pigeon on pigeon dating sim action, but I hope it hasn't flown the coop. I dunno what kind of bird brains are setting this thing up for sale, but if they want me to coo over this thing they'd better not flap it up. Maybe they needed more seed money to get this thing flying.

So I was browsing through some of the review summaries on Metacritic, and apparently this game goes a bit mental after the first couple of hours. Just a bit though.

This will be my first dating game. Do not disappoint.

scrshot2.jpg

danowat

Banned
Looks like a misprice

Romancing pigeons doesn’t come cheap, you know.

It most definitely is a pasting error. PS Vita price is correct. We will sort the blog post out.

Also, the game will be out on 22nd July for Europe (will add this info, too).

Top Bottom