• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatoful Boyfriend coming to the PS4 and Vita on July 21st with new content

I thought it was going to be $14.99? It's listed at 9.99 on US PSN. Is that an error? If it is, that makes it cheaper than 14.99 with a plus discount (which would at most be 20% I think).

Persona7

Banned
I thought it was going to be $14.99? It's listed at 9.99 on US PSN. Is that an error? If it is, that makes it cheaper than 14.99 with a plus discount (which would at most be 20% I think).

The PC version last year was $9.99 but it had a collectors edition with extra digital content for $14.99

Westraid

I played the PC version but lacked time to play all the routes yet. I'll get the Vita version when it's up on the store tomorrow. Pretty excited!

Mr Moose

I don't think we're geting the PS+ discount, the PSBlog update is up and there is no mention of it.

(EU)

Jawad Ashraf 21 July, 2015 @ 2:34 pm 28.1

There are PS Plus discounts that aren’t pulling through.

Journey – 20% off, ends 28 July
Hatoful Boyfriend – 20% off, ends 4 August
Tembo The Baddass Elephant – 10% off, ends 4 August
QUBE – 20% off, ends 5 August
Skullgirls – 20% off, ends 5 August

Yasumi

Banned
these games are so beyond cliché its funny

Seriously tho, who is the target market for these games?
Too many pigeon-sexing games on the market these days. I'm so ready for a fish dating sim.
f_maguro.jpg

Yasumi

Banned
Crossposting from the PSN thread:

Got my first ending in Hatoful, it was surprisingly emotional. Going for other endings is going to be kind of painful now.
Ryouta. ;-;
Guess I'll go for that library guy next.

Enthus

Crossposting from the PSN thread:

Got my first ending in Hatoful, it was surprisingly emotional. Going for other endings is going to be kind of painful now.
Ryouta. ;-;
Guess I'll go for that library guy next.

Is there fast forward in the PS4 version? You will have to use it a lot once you get through 3 or 4 times and everything but the ending is the same.

Yasumi

Banned
Is there fast forward in the PS4 version? You will have to use it a lot once you get through 3 or 4 times and everything but the ending is the same.
Triangle. You can skip through any text, even stuff you haven't seen yet, so you need to be careful. I don't think there's any backlog either.

Enthus

Triangle. You can skip through any text, even stuff you haven't seen yet, so you need to be careful. I don't think there's any backlog either.

Yeah when I played it on Steam I would watch TV as it was fast forwarding through the same shit like 10 times. Worth it for the second half of the game.

Can't figure out the trophy for Ending 14 (the new ending). Any tips?

I did everything for the Shuu Full Ending - I think it's around 9/10 that a new scene triggers where you notice a camera in the infirmary. I chose to break it, which then later introduced me to Tohri Nishikikouji. Ended up getting the ending by pursuing him.

I dipped my toes in the dating sim game waters with Persona 3+4, Sprung DS, and Thousand Arms PS1 and I'm not too sure what to think of dating sims. They're kinda cool I guess, but I feel weird playing them.

Corpekata

Banned
I dipped my toes in the dating sim game waters with Persona 3+4, Sprung DS, and Thousand Arms PS1 and I'm not too sure what to think of dating sims. They're kinda cool I guess, but I feel weird playing them.

This might appeal to you then. It kind of takes the piss out of them and plays into how fucking weird they are, even when not involving pigeons.

Alec

Does this have cross-save?
I had a quick look in the menus and could find anything about it.

Yes.

I did everything for the Shuu Full Ending - I think it's around 9/10 that a new scene triggers where you notice a camera in the infirmary. I chose to break it, which then later introduced me to Tohri Nishikikouji. Ended up getting the ending by pursuing him.

Thank you!

Darksol

how many endings are there and how long would it take to get them all?

I think around 14? 11 character endings, 1 bad ending, then the two BBL endings.

You can unlock them pretty fast. I played the first one through all the way. For future unlocks I skipped all the repeatable stuff and only read the scenes I hadn't seen yet.

Salbug

Yeah, decided to double-dip on this after trying out the Steam version. I don't know why, but dating sims seem to always be right up my alley. >.> Well, it depends on the nature of the game, and contents of it anyway.

Illucio

Banned
Holy shit. I just finished the final ending... I had no idea the game was going to go in that direction. Super cool.

I just finished now too..

(Stupid shuu giving me a hard time getting his bad ending. It took me a good 2-3 hours just to figure out how to not get his true ending.)

But that ending though... Makes me wish that this game was a anime. That song played during Class 5 with Sakuya and his brother. -AGH- SO MUCH FEELS.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roNGM9wJOnY

crmetteer

I just finished now too..

(Stupid shuu giving me a hard time getting his bad ending. It took me a good 2-3 hours just to figure out how to not get his true ending.)

But that ending though... Makes me wish that this game was a anime. That song played during Class 5 with Sakuya and his brother. -AGH- SO MUCH FEELS

Yeah I can see this as an anime. I bought this thinking it would be a fun dating sim game with some good bird puns. I had no idea that it was a visual novel with a bunch of plot twists and some actually good writing. As a fan of Danganronpa and Zero Escape, I'm quite pleased.

jrcbandit

I don't understand the appeal of the game, I bought on PC as a novelty. I guess I was expecting it to be more of a parody of the dating sim genre, but it seemed to play it straight, just with the boys as birds. Even then, the game felt very simplistic in its interface/gameplay and story. I've heard that there is a more interesting story the deeper you go, but the first two more straightforward romances I did bored me.

Top Bottom