• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd coming to the west!

Very excited! I'm still importing the Vita version though (because I am impatient) and I will pick up the PS3 version when they come out over here.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Hooray for physical for Europe. Will buy both.
Really happy that the game is selling great and that Vita got a chance to prove itself.

Also I heard that 2nd was delayed because they tried to achieve native resolution on Vita, any info on that?

Andrefpvs

JLijS.gif

I'm having a blast with the first game on Vita. Where has this series been all my life?
in Japan

Labrys

unless they fixed the fact it looks like vasaline is smeared all over the screen then i think i'm gonna pass on vita. might get on ps3 once i get one, though.

Also, is probably cheaper the localization of the Diva games than Yakuza.

Glad the Miku games sold here and the VITA version doing okay enough to be worth a physical copy of the second one, Will buy when it comes out.

unless they fixed the fact it looks like vasaline is smeared all over the screen then i think i'm gonna pass on vita. might get on ps3 once i get one, though.

We should find out for sure very soon (the first copies should have reached Japanese gamers' hands this morning), but the game had its release date bumped back as they were still tuning the visuals or something. I would think the team has learned a thing or two since developing f nearly two years ago.

Scher

Well, that didn't take them long to announce a localization. There's been so many localization announcements in the past year that I'm way too excited for!

hamchan

Thanks for announcing this before I caved and bought the Japanese versions. Pretty nice of them to do this before the release instead of months after to milk the fans. Makes we want to support them.

Maligna

Banned
Glad for Miku fans and all but.. how can they localize this over PSO2!?! Agh. Sega always does the opposite of what I want.

dani_dc

Great news, I'm enjoying Project Diva F a lot and I was actually hoping for this announcement since I want more songs to play. Which is quite a shock for someone that bought the first game on a whim less than two weeks ago.

I hope that the Vita version is released at the same time as PS3 version this time around, I'll be gettng a Digital version either way.

MUnited83

For you.
Also, is probably cheaper the localization of the Diva games than Yakuza.

Is it even a question? Project Diva could be translated in a day by a fan-team. There isn't much to translate(its only the menus basically). Yakuza would need a much longer and much more expensive translation, no doubt about that.

Glad for Miku fans and all but.. how can they localize this over PSO2!?! Agh. Sega always does the opposite of what I want.

Much cheaper and easier to localize this, as its basically translating menus, as previously said.

ZeroX03

Banned
Physical copy here I come! Was going to import if it didn't get announced for the West, glad they didn't wait.

Vita version lets you use the sticks instead of the touch pad for scratching yeah? Will grab that version. Swiping is my bane.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yay for increased life of the Internationally released Rhythm Game!

tumblr_msqarfp8W21r0lwogo3_250.gif

I've quite been enjoying Diva f on Vita, even though the Extreme difficulty songs just kinda make me (O.O!!! ) (T_T) upon looking at them. Plenty of time to improve before this iteration reaches the US.

Vita Physical is great news, too. Always love it when I DON'T have to take up precious memory space on a game... though the blazing quick retries are very nice. Do these games perform better as Digital releases on Vita, or are they the same either way?

'course, they announce this the day Playasia ships my PS3 import copy!

This is how I feel right now:

megurime-luka-megurine-luka-o.gif

Great news for Miku fans, and hey Physical copies, that's a plus.

I'll see if I can get a copy of the PS3 version (to at least support it)...though I've yet to really play my copy of the first game, lol.

Why not?

I finally caved in and brought Danganronpa because of NISA announcing Danganronpa 2 later this year. Someone might decide to support SEGA because of it, no?

Meanwhile...here I am waiting for Aaron and the rest at SEGA to show Valkyria Chronicles and the CANVAS engine some love...

and get VC3 localized on Vita? because I'll take that at least.

I bought PD on Vita and PS3, and when a friend asked me why, I said it was to show support. Glad the collective has been acknowledged and rewarded. Day One, baby.

Great news for Miku fans. I haven't tried out the series but I've always been interested plus waiting for a sale on either the PS3 or Vita versions.

Kind of makes me wish people did the same for Valkyria Chronicles 2 despite how it wasn't received with the same clamor as part 1. Maybe we could've gotten 3. =[

Great news for Miku fans. I haven't tried out the series but I've always been interested plus waiting for a sale on either the PS3 or Vita versions.

Kind of makes me wish people did the same for Valkyria Chronicles 2 despite how it wasn't received with the same clamor as part 1. Maybe we could've gotten 3. =[

A while back Ruby basically came out and said not to expect Miku to go on sale, ever:

Just want to also comment on this while I'm here... you won't find us doing any notable discounts for either the PS VITA or the PS3 version when it comes to Miku. We don't want to condition fans to simply wait for a price drop a little ways down the road - we want to reward people who jump in early and support the launch of titles like this.

You can see part of that strategy via what we did with the PS3 physical copies - we made a limited run available and then stuck with our release price, even as places like Gamestop and Amazon sold out. In the long-term, those copies become rare and get some nice added value for the people who supported us from Day 1.

Different from what you may expect, but please get used to that - in a good way - when it comes to Miku.

For those that were interested, the Japanese game update blog, Weekly Diva Station, posted today a digest video containing all 40 songs in the Japanese version of the game. It also includes at the end of the video a direct stream of the gameplay that was performed live at a show promoting the game recently, where one of the game's developers played a song using the High Speed, Panic, and Micro Notes challenges simultaneously.

My copy of the Japanese import is in. Going to start streaming, but it's going to be a whole lot of boring unlocking to start with. Still, if you guys want a taste of what's coming (or are debating an import), feel free to come check it out and share my pain .-.

Stream should be up at http://hitbox.tv/starcreator - trying out a new service, let me know how it goes.

yyr

Really excited to see that that f/F2 is being released--physically--all around the world! =)

But that's not going to reduce my hunger for the Japanese version one bit. I don't want to wait until Fall to play it. =) I will certainly at least double dip though!

I do wish there was something we could do to convince them to take PSO2 outside of Japan, though.

GameSpot did a fairly lengthy video interview with RubyEclipse during E3. You can see the game being played throughout.

Some important notes from the video:
  • Cross save is in! The import version handles it automatically over PSN; basically the game will always sync your progress to the server when you return to the main menu, so it will always load your current progress regardless of whether you are on PS3 or Vita at the time.
  • We have a translated list of the rhythm game items at about 16:10. The challenge items were translated as:
    Stealthy Target (Shy Target)
    Cool Perfectionist+ (Cool Master S)
    Overclocker (High Speed)
    Nano-targeter (Micro Notes)
    Chaos Storm (Panic)

Top Bottom