• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Kazzy

Oh man, I'm a little pissed that I've regressed into getting Standard's, having jumped into hard mode.

And what's the purpose of the Diva Room? I built up Miku's happiness slightly, before she played cheated at a couple of games of rock-paper-scissors

Oh man, I'm a little pissed that I've regressed into getting Standard's, having jumped into hard mode.

And what's the purpose of the Diva Room? I built up Miku's happiness slightly, before she played cheated at a couple of games of rock-paper-scissors

If spending time with your favorite virtual singers isn't enough of a reward, there's also trophies to be earned.

I'm also being told that people having trouble earning the rock paper scissors trophy should try playing against KAITO instead of the others.

-GJ-

My game was dispatched today. It's going to be a hard time waiting on the game. It should be hear in about 10 days.

Rasec

I got my copy in the mail today. The shipping box was beat to hell but the game and accessory set were fine. I got a calendar as a pre-order bonus and that's basically ruined. ):
that's really sad. At least your game and acessory set is ok. Hope you having fun with the game and drooling over the acessory set. xP

If spending time with your favorite virtual singers isn't enough of a reward, there's also trophies to be earned.

I'm also being told that people having trouble earning the rock paper scissors trophy should try playing against KAITO instead of the others.

Well, i was able to get the trophy with miku. A little hard but not too much. xP

Well, if you explore the diva room it can be fun. You can by stuff like a organ, a alarm clock and make your vocaloid interact with them.
Them in diva room you can get trophys by getting max level of friendship (level 6) or playing with the alarm clock, kitchen timer and other stuff.

One reason I never use a shipping level lower than EMS - besides the delivery being much faster for a relatively minor increase in cost, the package is generally handled much, much better.
Yeah, I'll know from now on that the more expensive shipping choices are usually faster and better.

I knew I should have just done EMS. The place I ordered from got me Anarchy Reigns in 2 days when I did EMS, with Miku, in a lower cost shipping, she's still hanging out in New York after 2 weeks.
You should be happy. She's partying in New York and having a good time!

that's suck big time ..if you were a grim reaper you could have punished everyone involved in your delivery ...

If your game is fine, that's the most important , you can start playing like us ..
But alas, I'm only a heaper, so I'll just have to stack the broken box onto my garbage heap. ;_;

And yeah, I'm having a great time with it so far!

My game was dispatched today. It's going to be a hard time waiting on the game. It should be hear in about 10 days.
The wait is gonna be dreadful, don't worry.

that's really sad. At least your game and acessory set is ok. Hope you having fun with the game and drooling over the acessory set. xP
It is, but that's okay... I also screwed up applying the skin or whatever so that's messed up, too. ;_;

Kazzy

It is, but that's okay... I also screwed up applying the skin or whatever so that's messed up, too. ;_;

Eh, I ordered a skin a while ago, pretty much did the same. A lot it had to do with how hard it was to peel off the actual transfer, but the Vita isn't exactly easy to apply onto either.

Ken

Been dabbling in hard mode and this game is great. Introduced me to a lot of new Vocaloid songs, but there are a few I dislike. Fortunately I like more songs than I dislike.

Rasec

Damn, now that's bad luck. T_T
Send me your address by pm and i can send you the skin i also got with the game.
I won't use it since i already have skins on my vita.

Eh, I ordered a skin a while ago, pretty much did the same. A lot it had to do with how hard it was to peel off the actual transfer, but the Vita isn't exactly easy to apply onto either.

Didn't knew the skin was that hard to get it right.
the one i did at gelaskins were easy to apply it.

Kazzy

Didn't know the skin was that hard to get it right.
the one i did at gelaskins were easy to apply it.

It shouldn't be, I guess I just had no luck with that one. Yeah, I've used Gelaskins a couple of times in the past, they're good.

Got a piece of lint stuck underneath the screen and pulled it up to get it out... all downhill from there, man.

Been dabbling in hard mode and this game is great. Introduced me to a lot of new Vocaloid songs, but there are a few I dislike. Fortunately I like more songs than I dislike.
I didn't think I would like a lot of the songs, but I'm really digging the selection.

Damn, now that's bad luck. T_T
Send me your address by pm and i can send you the skin i also got with the game.
I won't use it since i already have skins on my vita.
You don't need to do that! :p

How am I supposed to interact with the other Vocaloids in Diva Room? I've only been able to hang around with Miku, I don't see any options for Rin or Luka or the others.

How am I supposed to interact with the other Vocaloids in Diva Room? I've only been able to hang around with Miku, I don't see any options for Rin or Luka or the others.

I believe it is the bottom option from the room (ルーム移動 or something like that). After you pick it you will see all 5 names :)

-GJ-

The wait is gonna be dreadful, don't worry.

The funny thing is I was saving up money for a new laptop and I used some of that money to buy this game, and now my laptop died on me -_-". It's more than 5 years old, but still. At least the game shipped, so I will be having fun in ~10 days.

Jawmuncher

So did anyone on the east coast get their copy yet?
Especially if they orderd from Play Asia before it was released?

Im hoping itll be here this week.

Kazzy

There are a distinct few songs on hard that seem ridiculous, although that is more to the fact that they have a tendacy to chuck a flurry of notes at you, which have no real relation to the actual rhythm of the song.

There are a distinct few songs on hard that seem ridiculous, although that is more to the fact that they have a tendacy to chuck a flurry of notes at you, which have no real relation to the actual rhythm of the song.

I don't recall having any issues on hard. The PSP entries into the series followed the vocals more often than not. Didn't think to check if that was still the case.

Kazzy

I don't recall having any issues on hard. The PSP entries into the series followed the vocals more often than not. Didn't think to check if that was still the case.

Maybe I've just hit a wall, but I find myself just flailing at notes when I feel a disconnect to the actual song. I originally thought it was the note indicator, which I found to be distracting in the more involved songs, but I turned it off to no avail.

We'll see, I still have a decent number of songs to go, and maybe I will have stepped up by that point.

it's actually the same thing they did ( hard mode ) with extend ..

Hard mode in diva 2nd was more more simple and followed less things around ( only extreme had everything ).

that make some songs very weird if you're not accustomed to it.

Wonko_C

Being on the Project Diva f train almost made me forgot: Hatsune Miku Project Diva Dreamy Theather Extend releases tomorrow!

(It's tomorrow, right?)

Beckx

Mine hit NYC on Sept 3 but still isn't here.

If Play-Asia sent you a Hong Kong post tracking number you can go here to see when it left HK, and there's a button to click to send you to the USPS (or other) site to enter the same number and see what happened when it hit the US.

Being on the Project Diva f train almost made me forgot: Hatsune Miku Project Diva Dreamy Theather Extend releases tomorrow!

(It's tomorrow, right?)

Well, it's already the 13th in Japan, so we could see it any moment now really. The most likely release timeframe is around 11 PM to 1 AM EDT.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So what would be the next step for someone that really enjoyed Project Diva f but hasn't played any of the other ones? Which game should I get?

I have a PS3, Vita, and PSP, but would prefer to play on Vita over the PSP.

So what would be the next step for someone that really enjoyed Project Diva f but hasn't played any of the other ones? Which game should I get?

I have a PS3, Vita, and PSP, but would prefer to play on Vita over the PSP.

I believe both Project DIVA 2nd and extend are on JP PSN - but not sure about their compatibility with Vita.

On PS3, you can purchase the Dreamy Theater 2nd and extend - the latter releasing sometime in the next 22 hours. These are technically add-ons to the PSP versions that allow you to play them on PS3 using Arcade's graphics and on a 60fps rendering engine - they have no unlock system except for a link program that connects to your PSP to read your game save, so ownership of the PSP games is required. This link program only functions on PSP and can't be used on a Vita. (A Dreamy Theater for the first game also exists, but all of its content is included for free on Dreamy Theater 2nd, without even requiring ownership of the first PSP game.)

cnet128

Banned
All three of the PSP Diva games are available for purchase on the Vita store. =D Gogogo!

As for which one to get...honestly, that's entirely up to personal preference. They're all worth checking out. It's perhaps worth noting that there's a fair bit of overlap between the songlists of Extend and 2nd, but nothing too terrible.

Is it bad that I found "Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!" to be dreadfully boring to both listen to and play?

I got my copy, but I didn't order from Play-Asia... (Pennsylvania/CDJapan)

Wonko_C

Dreamy Theater Extend is up on the Japanese store via search, it's 5639 MB. 1:20 hrs left to download, it's going fast. :)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Dreamy Theater Extend is up on the Japanese store via search, it's 5639 MB. 1:20 hrs left to download, it's going fast. :)

Its up in the Whats new section and the PS3 game sections too now.

I believe both Project DIVA 2nd and extend are on JP PSN - but not sure about their compatibility with Vita.

On PS3, you can purchase the Dreamy Theater 2nd and extend - the latter releasing sometime in the next 22 hours. These are technically add-ons to the PSP versions that allow you to play them on PS3 using Arcade's graphics and on a 60fps rendering engine - they have no unlock system except for a link program that connects to your PSP to read your game save, so ownership of the PSP games is required. This link program only functions on PSP and can't be used on a Vita. (A Dreamy Theater for the first game also exists, but all of its content is included for free on Dreamy Theater 2nd, without even requiring ownership of the first PSP game.)

All three of the PSP Diva games are available for purchase on the Vita store. =D Gogogo!

As for which one to get...honestly, that's entirely up to personal preference. They're all worth checking out. It's perhaps worth noting that there's a fair bit of overlap between the songlists of Extend and 2nd, but nothing too terrible.

Thanks guys. Its hard to decide. I'd love to get Dreamy Theater extend with the rest of you and not have to worry about the annoying vita account switching, but it does suck to have to buy both it and the psp app for a combined 8,800 yen.

I wish the exchange rate was 1 usd = 120 yen like in 2008 the cost would be a reasonable $73 usd together, but right now its 1 usd = 78 yen making both cost $112 together (plus the premium you pay on things like buying psn cards on the internet). This is exactly why I hate our US monetary policies, but whatever.

I'll just have to fumble with the awkward vita account switching for now, and maybe later when my game budget refills I'll jump into dreamy theater to refresh the game. And if they are all just as good as everything else I might as well start from the beginning.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So if I got this, the only thing I'd need a Japanese account for is DLC, right? I could save the game on my US account, etc.?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So if I got this, the only thing I'd need a Japanese account for is DLC, right? I could save the game on my US account, etc.?

Yep. No account switching needed for any PSP, Vita, or PS3 games as long as you have the physical version (except Persona 4 Arena). I'm just complaining above cause I want to play the digital PSP games on my vita, which does require an account switch since its obviously the digital version.

Jawmuncher

Mine hit NYC on Sept 3 but still isn't here.

If Play-Asia sent you a Hong Kong post tracking number you can go here to see when it left HK, and there's a button to click to send you to the USPS (or other) site to enter the same number and see what happened when it hit the US.

Thanks for that, found my copy sitting in new york since the 3rd.
What the hell is taking so long in new york?

First impressions on Dreamy Theater extend: didn't have time to play an entire song but it's already hard to go back to Project DIVA f after seeing this. The framerate is what makes all this worthwhile.

I -think- Uraomote Lovers is similar to Arcade in that it uses a different rendering technique than normal so the modules look more cartoonish. Sort of wish there was an option to render the entire game this way. The effect isn't what I remembered Arcade's to look like, though. I could also be completely getting this wrong. Will try to capture and upload a video tomorrow after work.

As expected, only songs that were on extend are in; no DIVA 2nd or 1st tabs this time, or even a DLC tab. No idea why the game is 5639mb despite having less than half the playable content... hopefully the Live Viewing mode is worth it.

Thanks guys. Its hard to decide. I'd love to get Dreamy Theater extend with the rest of you and not have to worry about the annoying vita account switching, but it does suck to have to buy both it and the psp app for a combined 8,800 yen.

If you've got a friend that owns it you can do the one-time linking for Dreamy Theater 2nd/extend with their copy of the PSP game. I've actually ended up doing this for a couple people. (This doesn't work for the first Dreamy Theater since that one actually required the PSP to be connected to progress past the title screen.)

As for buying the PSP titles... it's really hard to recommend the first game at this point. It is certainly the most primitive in terms of controls, chart complexity, and scoring system (chance time literally worth 90% of the score in some songs), has the worst unlock system in the series (basically you have a random chance of unlocking something if you fulfill certain conditions, or have to do the same thing five times over before it'll count), and very little content is unique to it especially if you have access to Dreamy Theater 2nd. Both 2nd and extend are solid buys and should be much more familiar if you've already been playing f.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you've got a friend that owns it you can do the one-time linking for Dreamy Theater 2nd/extend with their copy of the PSP game. I've actually ended up doing this for a couple people. (This doesn't work for the first Dreamy Theater since that one actually required the PSP to be connected to progress past the title screen.)

As for buying the PSP titles... it's really hard to recommend the first game at this point. It is certainly the most primitive in terms of controls, chart complexity, and scoring system (chance time literally worth 90% of the score in some songs), has the worst unlock system in the series (basically you have a random chance of unlocking something if you fulfill certain conditions, or have to do the same thing five times over before it'll count), and very little content is unique to it especially if you have access to Dreamy Theater 2nd. Both 2nd and extend are solid buys and should be much more familiar if you've already been playing f.

My friends are all more the Diablo and Battlefield types. Not even a chance of splitting on a copy of the game.

And I was planning on upgrading to dreamy theater eventually, just not right away, so it sounds like I should just get Project Diva 2nd next then. Only one last question for future reference, does project diva 2nd activate through dreamy theater extend, or would I need both dreamy theaters?

Thanks for being so helpful.

Wonko_C

I sold my PSP copy of extend when Diva f came out, but I still have the save file. Is it enough to activate DT extend on my PS3?

It should be enough if the last time you saved was on that same PSP. The app launcher reads the save and transfers the unlocked content and Edit Data (if you have any).

Someone give the easy explanation of this dreamy theater and whatever the reason for having diva 2 is?

Dreamy Theater is a "companion" to the PSP game, it reads your progress from the corresponding game so you're able to play whatever you have unlocked in HD on PS3, you can't do it the other way around, though.

Finally! Got my copy in the mail last night. I pop it in and load up the first song and...what are these stars, how do I-" Quickly failed that song. :p Silly me for not bothering to check Project DIVA for an explanation of the new features.

Wonko_C

For those who want to see what Uraomote Lovers looks like in Dreamy Theater extend, I did a quick and dirty video capture: http://megami.starcreator.com/dtex-uraomote.mp4

Downloaded this directly to my Vita, your capture looks lovely on it. What's your gear?

I watched that PV with the "Black PSP Miku" model and in their attempt to emulate the arcade version's shading she looks like it had some kind of "posterize" filter applied, it looked sort of bad so I quickly went back to the conflict model.

Downloaded this directly to my Vita, your capture looks lovely on it. What's your gear?

I watched that PV with the "Black PSP Miku" model and in their attempt to emulate the arcade version's shading she looks like it had some kind of "posterize" filter applied, it looked sort of bad so I quickly went back to the conflict model.

I'm using an AVerMedia AverTV PCIe 1x HDMI capture card. I didn't use it this time but if I need to play at the same time I have an Monoprice HDMI splitter on my desk so I can play without the lag the capture card introduces.

So I take it the effect that stylizes the modules in this song is just harder to see using the Conflict module?

Top Bottom