• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have Video Game Graphics surpassed Toy Story 1?

kevm3

Why are we even comparing polycounts when one is prerendered? In motion, have games surpassed what toy story looks like on screen? Absolutely.

sibarraz

Banned
What does it mean that image quality was better on toy story?

I think that my definition of image quality is very vague compared to most users here who know what does it means, so I'll love to understand that

Considering Toy Story was originally rendered at 1536x922 @ 24FPS; by pretty much any combination of metrics you care to use, modern high-end games can meet or exceed that visual standard now.

It only took 22+ years!

Um Toy Story ran at like 1 frame per five hours lol. In terms of polygonal complexity, we aren't even close tho.

Yu Furealdo

Yes in some ways game can look better than Toy Story, but Toy Story 2 is on another level. That had a huge jump in visuals.

Vipu

Banned
What does it mean that image quality was better on toy story?

I think that my definition of image quality is very vague compared to most users here who know what does it means, so I'll love to understand that

This.
To me who say IQ is better just mean that resolution is better, that totally can me done on PC games, up the resolution to something crazy like 8k or more and you have very crispy clean image.

Paganmoon

There's like, little to no aliasing in the Toy Story stills. They just look a lot "cleaner" than even the best looking games.

Top Bottom